It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megiddo!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Most prophecies seem to link megiddo to the end of the world (armageddon). I can't find any reason apart from poor missile aiming as to why this should be. ANy intelligent people out their with an answer to this prediction would be appreciated.

A link to a tourist site with a map of the area is supplied below again i can't see the importance.

www.netours.com...

Any answers appreciated

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Actually if you read scriptures well, you'll see that the war is not fought in Megiddo. It's just a location where armies gather before they march towards Jeruslaem where the final battle will actually take place

"And they assembled them at the place which is called in Hebrew Armageddon" (Revelation 16:16 RSV).

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Rats. Dbates beat me to it!

It's apparently in a really great place to conduct a fight. According to this site (some interesting stories here!), more battles in the ancient world were fought in this area than anywhere else:
www.bibarch.com...

(by the way, that's an excellent page, for both archaeologists and for students of the bible.)

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Byrd]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
To add to Byrd's fine post(With a great link!) I don't think it's hard to see that Jerusalem is the flash-point where much of this fighting will play out. I think it's pretty obvious today, even without having millions of armies staged at Megiddo, that this has got to be the the fuse for the whole powder keg.

We did much of the same thing when attacking Iraq. First the US staged all it's armies nearby in Kuwait before rolling out to the battle field.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
How anyone could stage an army in or near megiddo, just does not make sense. Attacking which way Israel or one of the neighbouring countries. Seems to be linked to historical battles of the past not modern warfare. The more i search the more i believe this to be a strange choice for prelude to the end battle. ANy other ideas?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Isn't that where they just found the oldest christian church?

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FernandoPoo
Isn't that where they just found the oldest christian church?

Yup

I was reading about that yesterday, sent a chill down my spine.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
does finding an old church do that to you...

Is their more to this than meets the eye.

As far as i know their is no one out there performing miracles to make us believe christ has come again, not least on any brit tv station.

I think the only way this type of scenario will play out is if we self fulfill it, only my opinion though you are most welcome and entitled to your own.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What do you make of the fact that Magiddo is a high security prison now? Would someone send in an army to release someone or many someone's?

Story

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think the biblical references to Megiddo are more general than specific.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
What makes you say that. Strange but with IRAN SYRIA and ISRAEL the US and the UK all with firepower in the middle east just now and relations a bit unstable who knows what might kick off a little INCIDENT especially with China reliant on IRAN for energy. The ingredients are their or are they?

[edit on 29-11-2005 by Munro_DreadGod]

top topics

join