It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be total Jihad in Europe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

except you cannot take Islam out-of-the-equasion- - -> being Muslim is part of their world-view, ideology, culture...all of which they will not abandon...even if their heritage is markedly different than the modified
type of Islam which they demonstrate every day in their dramas which include gangs, stripping cars and all those things which surface in a lawless underground economy/society.
agreed, the militant Islamists did not initiate this growing riot (which some have called an Intafada) as a planned or desired fatwa or Jihad campaign...
but i can see where some cells or groups of zealots have 'seized the day'
and continue to fan the flames or exploit the lawlessness.

Agreed you cannot discount their ideologies or pretend this hasn't had it's part to play, I would suggest though that it was a minor point that has now been confabulated by both the Islamaphobic and the Islamic militant to their own particular advantage and agenda. While being no apologist for the thugs that are running these streets and housing projects, I wonder how many of these 'alpha males', if given the right opportunities to channel their energies into education and careers, would not now be captains of industry and productive members of their communities.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche

I wonder how many of these 'alpha males', if given the right opportunities to channel their energies into education and careers, would not now be captains of industry and productive members of their communities.

points taken,

question...
your word given in the above quote encompasses the word provided, doesn't it??

yes, if opportunites were unhampered, to everyone & anyone,
this might be a very different world...
but then there's issues like character,

as in; the same person, in one circumstance might be a serious & diligent student & might persevere to fufill the lessons and the internship to become a surgeon...be they poor or Muslim or orphaned or physically disabled or any number of obstacles...

(in a bizarro world) the same person, with a different constitution, may use these opportunities together with their intelligence & savvy to
'play-the-system', build a drug empire, aspire to become the next personnification of a pol-pot or hitler-ian leader...
or something equally as diabolical, i.e. white-collar crime, crooked politicos,
graft takers, blackmailers,

in response to your question of "How Many alpha males"....
i'd guess, maybe, ~2%

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
[edit on 8/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Guessing though, falls short of given us objective facts. These can only be arrived at by going about trying to create a more equal system of opportunities and seeing the effect this has before arriving at conclusions. These people are a product of their environment not racially or theologically predisposed towards criminality. I'm not suggesting this is a cure all, I don't believe there is one all encompassing answer and I still believe that effort is encumbant on all communities.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join