It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be total Jihad in Europe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This all, IMO, about exclusion, brutalisation and violence.

Immigrants (but more usually 2nd or 3rd generation naturalised citizens of the country they are living in) in many parts of Europe feel excluded, brutalised and many regularly experience violence directed against them.

Not all, obviously, but enough in some cities and towns to now make the news as the violence occurs each night for this and last week.

Religion has nothing to do with it - other than being the current vehicle racists prefer to use to distract from the real issues.

It doesn't excuse what is happening but at least it means that when the serious people get around to talking seriously about sorting out matters they will be talking about the relevant matters instead of wasting everybodies' time going up pointless, distracting, racist blind alleys and going on about 'Islamics' and Muslims ignorance.

As usual the racist elements are simply using and abusing people's fears and terrible experiences to further their own agendas.

(You won't see an Islamic in sight at any civil disturbance in N. Ireland, hmmm?
Same deal, usually.
People feel excluded, people feel brutalised and people regularly on the wrong end of violence.
Sometimes the reaction is not pretty.)

You won't be hearing about how the London 7/7 bombers had rows and fell out with the religious leaders at the mosque they used to go to as the racist element try and lay this all at the door of the 'foreigners' evil religion'.

No of course there won't be any kind of 'Jihad' or take-over or any other lurid ridiculous scare story happening in Europe.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Nov. 14, 2005 issue - Word of the deaths spread quickly through Clichy-sous-Bois, a grim collection of housing projects an hour by train and bus from the center of Paris. Two teenage boys had been electrocuted while trying to hide near a transformer the night of Oct. 27. Rumor said they were running from police. Soon, dozens of angry young men came from the soulless high-rises looking for cops to fight and cars to burn on streets named, as it happens, after heroes of French culture: boulevard Emile Zola, allee Albert Camus, rue Picasso. Dead white men. "It's Baghdad here," the rioters shouted. Night after night last week, rage spread through the ghettos that ring Paris, then beyond to every corner of France. When a tear-gas canister exploded near a mosque in Clichy-sous-Bois on the fourth violent evening, a new cry went up. "Now this is war," said one of the vandals. Others cried "jihad."

It was neither, in fact, and Paris—the capital known to tourists—was not burning. But by using cell-phone text messages to coordinate their incendiary flash-mobs, rioters in the city's suburbs managed to burn thousands of cars, as well as buses, warehouses and stores. More than 200 people were arrested and there were many injuries, some serious, even if by last weekend no one had been killed. (The Los Angeles riots of 1992, by contrast, took the lives of more than 50 people.) What really shook the French government, and badly, was its inability to contain the metastasizing anger. Decades of French policies intended to force the integration of immigrants and their children—and children's children—into French society had failed, and no Plan B was apparent. Fears also grew that in the age of terror, rage like this could swell the ranks of radical Islamists in the heart of Europe.

The first and most obvious casualty was the reputation of French Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy. He's been angling for the presidency in 2007, posturing as France's most confident can-do politician. During the first days of violence, Sarkozy denounced the gangs burning cars as "scum" and told them in effect to bring it on. They did with a vengeance, and didn't stop. Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin, who is Sarkozy's main rival, reined him in publicly. Prodded by President Jacques Chirac, the two of them eventually tried to show a united front behind the slogan "Firmness and justice." That didn't work either.

The greatest challenge in the days to come is to keep the violent fringe from winning even wider sympathy. There are more than 12 million people of Muslim origin in Western Europe, roughly half of them in France. Many have adapted easily and well to European life. But constant tensions and deep resentments do remain, especially among those left behind in blighted communities that others managed to escape. In a report issued just days before the violence broke out, the French government counted 751 neighborhoods deemed "sensitive urban zones." Most of the people there have roots in Africa and Islam. Average unemployment is 21 percent, more than twice the national average, and rising. Among men under 25, the rate jumps to 36 percent. Disconnected from their past in the Muslim world and uncertain about their future in Europe, they've come to see themselves as citizens of nothing but "Neuf-trois," 93, the postal code for the outer edges of the Paris urban area.

dont know if it could come but from wat we are seeing i would say dat if the French dont do somthing about dis along with other European countries dis could go out of hand. u may say America should not be involve for its European problem but remember dat many terrorists who went to Afghanistan as well as Iraq were from Europe and Al Qaeda and other groups linked to it have taken advantage of Muslim immigrants or those who are born with parents who came to Europe from Muslim countries who have been alienated and have no life. dis is the danger dat i see in my view.

Not to derail the thread, but....

Does it bug anyone else that this guy types out his bad english? How many times do I have to read "dat" before my head explodes?

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Dronetek]

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
This all, IMO, about exclusion, brutalisation and violence.

Immigrants (but more usually 2nd or 3rd generation naturalised citizens of the country they are living in) in many parts of Europe feel excluded, brutalised and many regularly experience violence directed against them.

Not all, obviously, but enough in some cities and towns to now make the news as the violence occurs each night for this and last week.

Religion has nothing to do with it - other than being the current vehicle racists prefer to use to distract from the real issues.

It doesn't excuse what is happening but at least it means that when the serious people get around to talking seriously about sorting out matters they will be talking about the relevant matters instead of wasting everybodies' time going up pointless, distracting, racist blind alleys and going on about 'Islamics' and Muslims ignorance.

As usual the racist elements are simply using and abusing people's fears and terrible experiences to further their own agendas.

(You won't see an Islamic in sight at any civil disturbance in N. Ireland, hmmm?
Same deal, usually.
People feel excluded, people feel brutalised and people regularly on the wrong end of violence.
Sometimes the reaction is not pretty.)

You won't be hearing about how the London 7/7 bombers had rows and fell out with the religious leaders at the mosque they used to go to as the racist element try and lay this all at the door of the 'foreigners' evil religion'.

No of course there won't be any kind of 'Jihad' or take-over or any other lurid ridiculous scare story happening in Europe.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

How many wars are going on in the world today that involve muslims? Im just curious.

Also,

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Maybe its a good time to hop over to brussels or italy for a vacation

Nope. The TV news is saying that the riots are spreading to
Brussels and Germany.

Time to vacation in Antarctica. That's about the only
safe place on the planet these days.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wasp, did you just refer to us ALL as Texans?

I shall make it a point to track you down and punch you out at the next ATS Convention!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
How many times do I have to read "dat" before my head explodes?

and 'dis' and 'u' ...

Just teasing ya'll ...

Seriously .. I don't think this is 'it' .. however I am willing to
bet that the organized terrorists are watching and taking
notes on how to use all these criminals in the future. I'm
sure they are going to use chaos in their terrorist plans now
that they see what little France has done to stop it.

[edit on 11/7/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Civil unrest?
If u ask me, its everywhere, and a very good prophecy.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Denied]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Does it bug anyone else that this guy types out his bad english? How many times do I have to read "dat" before my head explodes?

Yes, Smink, It bothers me muchly! I did ask him once to stop, but apparently thats the way he speaks...Nothing against the chap, but it makes reading his posts really difficult....

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Yes, Smink, It bothers me muchly! I did ask him once to stop, but apparently thats the way he speaks...Nothing against the chap, but it makes reading his posts really difficult....

sorry guys but dats the way i type. not the way i speak.
i feel more comfortable typin it like dat. dat, dis, u, blah blah blah.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

sorry guys but dats the way i type. not the way i speak.
i feel more comfortable typin it like dat. dat, dis, u, blah blah blah.

ARRRRGH!!!!STOP IT!! ARRRGH!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think that these immigrants who are asylum seekers should just be happy that they have a place to live that wont torture them for looking at a leader the wrong way.

I also believe that these things are going to get a lot worse, especially the white british vs immigrants ( i know we all must be PC but i am saying what i think) I personally, hate the fact that i cannot fly my countrys flag because it offends people, i hate the fact that asylum seekers get put at the top of housing lists before low income british born citizens, i hate the fact that immigrants also get government grants before british born citizens, and i am not the only one im sure. It will all eventually boil over, until people clash and start taking the law of the land into their own hands. It is an awful truth i know, but it is inevitable.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARKJEDIG
I think that these immigrants who are asylum seekers should just be happy that they have a place to live that wont torture them for looking at a leader the wrong way.

I also believe that these things are going to get a lot worse, especially the white british vs immigrants ( i know we all must be PC but i am saying what i think) I personally, hate the fact that i cannot fly my countrys flag because it offends people, i hate the fact that asylum seekers get put at the top of housing lists before low income british born citizens, i hate the fact that immigrants also get government grants before british born citizens, and i am not the only one im sure. It will all eventually boil over, until people clash and start taking the law of the land into their own hands. It is an awful truth i know, but it is inevitable.

Your going to get Sminked, I'm sure....... Not that I completely disagree, but I know what he is like

[edit on 7/11/05 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Dronetek
How many times do I have to read "dat" before my head explodes?

and 'dis' and 'u' ...

WAT?...

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by stumason
Yes, Smink, It bothers me muchly!

- Whaaaa?

I didn't say anything about delta's writing style, stuey.

Originally posted by DARKJEDIG

- What is this?
Where'd the tie in with 'asylum seekers' come from?

I think you'll find the 2nd and 3rd generation doing the rioting in France have nothing to do with asylum seeking people.

Sorry and all but the rest of your post is just ranting Alf Garnet nonsense.

Anyone who thinks asylum seekers/immigrants have an easy life should be swapping places asap.

Anyone?

No?

Didn't think so.

originally posted by stumason

Your going to get Sminked, I'm sure....... Not that I completely disagree, but I know what he is like

- "Sminked"!?

I thought that was pretty restrained stu.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
who were you talking about then? I am confused now....

And yes, it was rather restrained of you..

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

who were you talking about then? I am confused now

- It was dronetek that 1st complained about delta's style, not me.

And yes, it was rather restrained of you..

- I always make an effort to try and never be too predictable if I can .

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

It was dronetek that 1st complained about delta's style, not me.

So it was......he has the same colour background and I thought it was just one of your uber-long posts....
, sorry dude....

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

he has the same colour background

- Rubbish!
Mine is a more vibrant red.

I thought it was just one of your uber-long posts....
, sorry dude....

- Always leave them expecting/wanting more, eh?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

he has the same colour background

- Rubbish!
Mine is a more vibrant red.

I thought it was just one of your uber-long posts....
, sorry dude....

- Always leave them expecting/wanting more, eh?

Hmmm....maybe you should start a BTS thread about who's red is better?

I can only speak for myself Smink, but I always await your posts with barely contained anticipation
You can be sure of a good read

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

maybe you should start a BTS thread about who's red is better?

- It may only be slight but quite obviously mine is the better red.

I can only speak for myself Smink, but I always await your posts with barely contained anticipation

- Back at you stu.

You are too kind mate.

Any Jihadis around your way these days?

Sadly we have only had a week and a half of 'loyalist' rioting here in sept - not a Muslim to be seen about the place.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

maybe you should start a BTS thread about who's red is better?

- It may only be slight but quite obviously mine is the better red.

- Back at you stu.

You are too kind mate.

Any Jihadis around your way these days?

Sadly we have only had a week and a half of 'loyalist' rioting here in sept - not a Muslim to be seen about the place.

Yes...ok...yours is better!

Thanks dude

No Jihadis I am afraid. Not even a token Irishman either. All is quiet in Reading at the moo. i think we're all to busy watching the French go at it.

Anyway, suppose we had better communicate via U2U rather than hijack the thread any more than we have

Apologies to the author

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join