It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st lawsuite against Sony

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
it.slashdot.org.../11/11/1927225&from=rss

Here is the link, thanks to all the hard working folks who made this happen. Let's hope they never try this again allthough I have no doubt they will, the last time they were caught doing this it was defeated using a white board market

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Some people wondered if Sony's actions were blessed/incuraged by the US government.
That answer is a clear NO!

Homeland security is slaming Music Industry efferts to put hidden files on consumers computers.

"A senior Homeland Security official cautioned entertainment companies against discouraging piracy in ways that also make computers vulnerable. Stewart Baker, assistant secretary for policy at DHS, did not cite Sony by name in his remarks Thursday but described industry efforts to install hidden files on consumers' computers."

They are making a clear distinktion between their intellectua property and consumers computer property.

"It's very important to remember that it's your intellectual property, it's not your computer," Baker said at a trade conference on piracy. "And in the pursuit of protection of intellectual property, it's important not to defeat or undermine the security measures that people need to adopt in these days."

Here is the link to the full article:

news.moneycentral.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think sony is breaking thair own back, read this link

www.ps3insiders.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan

www.ps3insiders.com...

In my opinion, besides pirating of games, there is a huge market for used games now.
One can trade them with friends, loan them out or even turn them into stores for credit on new games.
The store then sells the game at a reduced price to other people.
The problem, as Sony would see it, is that Sony gets exactly zero from used games and the used game industry.
So, to take a page out of M$'s book, they are going to destroy any industry that does not make them money, or cut's into new sales-a little.

If they keep this up-no one is going to want a Sony anything soon-imo.

If you are upset or offended by what they have done or are about to do-let them know.
The best 2 ways are the following:

1) vote with your money-don't but their products and or
2) send Sony an email, letter or phone call and let them know exactly how you feel and why.

Maybe if enough of us do these things, we might be able to turn the tables.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan

www.ps3insiders.com...

Here is an update to the Sony Antipiracy of games.

A source-who wishes to remain unnamed- informed me that ps3 games Will be able to be played on other ps3 units.
What Sony is doing is preventing the "online" game play of that disk from other units.
So, it will be able to be played "locally", but online gaming will not work on any ps3 but the original.

I fully understand if people want to question a source they cannot confirm or talk to-that is fine-so please don't ask 4 it-you won't get it.
You are free to belive or not believe me as u want, only with the release of ps3 will we all know the truth in this matter.

Normally it is considered rude to "hijake" a thread, but since it was my thread, I thought it would be ok, the original poster of this thread-me-does not mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join