It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Over Matter Or Matter Over Mind???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Here is an interesting article about the effect of human conciousness on material things and machines made by humans. Can our minds be more powerful than we ever imagined before? In this article it explores the effect our minds have on machines. The article is here, farshores.org...

IMHO, what this article says that humans were designed to evolve to a point where we can communicate telepathically with one another and with other creatures, is exactly true. I think that we have not all evolved to this point yet but slowly and surely we are getting there through spiritualism, thoughts, emotions, and much needed concentration. Think back to our ancient ancestors homo-eructus and cro-magnon man. Present day humans all evolved somehow from these much earlier primitive human species. They did not know how to read, write, cook, or even speak. But they did manage to communicate through grunts and gestures. In conclusion, I am saying I think we are not yet up to that point of telepathically communicating with other humans and animals, just like our ancient ancestors weren't able to perform certain tasks, but I do think we are on our way of getting there.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by CONZPIRACY]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Yes, I also believe that we are on our way of being able to communicate telepathically.

After all, communicating verbally is not the most advanced way of communications. Language barrier, disabilities etc all affect its effectiveness.

We need some better ways to communicate in the future.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Thank you for your support KJay
Human communication can now currently only be done through talking and not through our minds unless you have ESP or are a psychic of course. I hope to one day be able to communicate telepathically with my mind instead of talking. I really am not such a great communicator when it comes to talking but I am pretty good when it comes to thinking, writing, and typing. I have a hard time putting my thoughts into words but I have no trouble communicating when writing a blog or on here because I take the time to think what I am going to say first and don't just blab out the first stupid thing that comes into my head. Does this make any sense??? I wonder why that is.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Humans only use 10 percent of their brain, so in the future I do believe that we will come up with better and more efficient ways of using our brains, especially communicating with other beings. I also tend to think that in the future we will be able to move large objects with sound.

good post.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by rock_the_spot]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Thanks again, rock_the_spot! Good point.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rock_the_spot
Humans only use 10 percent of their brain, so in the future I do believe that we will come up with better and more efficient ways of using our brains, especially communicating with other beings. I also tend to think that in the future we will be able to move large objects with sound.

good post.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by rock_the_spot]

We don't only use 10% of our brain, that is a myth.

faculty.washington.edu...

www.snopes.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agentdemon
We don't only use 10% of our brain, that is a myth.

If anything we use our brain too much.

The incessant thinking, which is considered normal by the majority of people, has taken over humans.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer
The incessant thinking, which is considered normal by the majority of people, has taken over humans.

Do you really mean that people spend too much time thinking or that people spend too much time with background noise going on in their minds.
Considering the complacency of many and the plight of our education system, I'm confused as to the point you are making.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Do you really mean that people spend too much time thinking or that people spend too much time with background noise going on in their minds.

The human condition: lost in thought.

What I meant was that we are always thinking about the past, or a false, mind-made future. We are continually desiring something more than we have now, or worrying that we'll lose something which we already have. The present moment is just a means to an end, an obstacle that must be overcome in order to reach our mind-made future. We are never happy with what is, and we are continually thinking about what should be. If we honestly observe ourselves, we will know this to be true.

It is not that people spend too much time with background noise in their minds. It is that people spend all their time with background noise in their minds. Always thinking, never in the here and now. There is never any gap between thoughts. No moments of peace in which you accept the present moment, and are happy with what is. The resistance to the present moment is the cause of all our suffering.

Considering the complacency of many and the plight of our education system, I'm confused as to the point you are making.

The mind is a great tool that we can use. It can help us solve all kinds of problems if used wisely. Unfortunately that is not what is happening. We are not using our mind; our mind is using us.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

top topics

join