It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Spiricom" The Machine That Connects The Land Of The Living With The Dead???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I have read this very interesting article claiming that a man by the name of George Meek had invented a machine to communicate with the dead called simply Spiricom.

"One of these devotees was the American industrialist George Meek, who had made a fortue in the air conditioning industry before retiring on his 60th birthday to pursue his interest in the untapped powers of the human spirit.

He organised and funded research teams to travel to remote parts of the world to investigate such phenoma as 'energy healing' and the use of acupuncture as a painkiller during surgery.

He also conducted many experiments imself and was especially fascinated by studying how the growth of plants could be affected by the emotions of those tending to them.

But by far the strangest of his inventions was the Spiricom, a radio device that he hoped might establish contact with the afterlife."

The article also goes on to say, that George Meek collaborated with a psychic medium "Bill O'Neal", and for months in 1979 continued to work on this odd invention until one day a spirit voice came through the machine and actually spoke to them through the machine. Anyway, to find out what the spirit says to them read the rest of the article here: farshores.org...

Anyone have any opinions? Can a device really be invented to communicate with the afterlife? I happen to think so. If humans were able to invent the lightbulb, radio, television, the microwave, electronic circuit chips, cars, and all the other modern conveniences we have today, then why not a device to communicate with spirits? It sounds very plausible to me! How about everyone else?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I heard all the audio clips from the Spiricom sessions and found them eerie and interesting. There is an organization called World ITC that is conducting ongoing experiments and studies in afterlife communications. Take a look at the link . I am fascinated by the idea that there are scientists on the other side working with researchers on this side to establish a working communication link.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
An interesting topic, and one that has been discussed on ATS before. You might find more information on these earlier threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Those recordings spooked me so badly i had to turn on all the lights in the house

I'm sorry i heard them. I will never forget the creepy feeling i got.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
World ITC huh? Cool, I wasn't aware there was any such organization trying to contact spirit entities with a machine in this present day and age. Thanks for that info CyberianHusky. Sorry about starting a new thread that has already been discussed before, my bad, OOOOPS!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I would guess anything that word recieve input like a human would, would be llike telepathy which I would put a strong guess it would relay on EM waves of sorts. I imagine there is tons in an EM spectrum. Next would be find how a brain could recieve telepathy than a machine to decode it so I doubt any machine besides a well tuned brain could do anything of the nature. I don't think telepathy has yet to be proven with anyone. I gues there is that guy Igis Snow but has be proof?

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Nice find. I listened to those recordings, too and they really creeped me out. Call me gullible, but I agree with what those researchers are doing and hope that soon we can get a look at what the afterlife has waiting for all of us.

I wonder I could have one last conversation with my father...?I would really like that!

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragon Traveler
I wonder I could have one last conversation with my father...?I would really like that!

Ever see the movie 'Contact'? I would be very sceptical of positive results using this tech unless the possibility of 'The Cortez Syndrome' had been eliminated beyond reasonable doubt.

But a real afterlife contact technology? It would ease grief and make homicide detective work a piece of cake

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Supposing of course that the afterlife is great why in the hell would you possibly wanna communicate with anyone back here?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I never saw that movie, sorry. What is the Cortez Syndrom, sorry, all I came up with was birth defect diseases. Man, I'm confused.

It would definately ease my grief
, I really miss my dad.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

Ever see the movie 'Contact'? I would be very sceptical of positive results using this tech unless the possibility of 'The Cortez Syndrome' had been eliminated beyond reasonable doubt.

But a real afterlife contact technology? It would ease grief and make homicide detective work a piece of cake

Contact? That was a movie about contact with aliens not ghosts. Great movie though.

I suggest White Noise (bad ending) and definetly suggest The Mothman Prophecies. White Noise was inspired by captured voices from ghosts (allegedly), using a similar technology. The Mothman Prophecies was based on events and testomonies that actually occured.

top topics

join