It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong court to sentence man in first BitTorrent piracy case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

HONG KONG, (AFP) - A Hong Kong court will sentence a man convicted for illegally distributing movies over the Internet using BitTorrent (BT) technology in what is believed to be the world's first criminal case involving BT software.

read link

Hmm, Ok, first case in the world finally. But the guy got caught by uploading "Daredevil", "Miss Congeniality" and "Red Planet" is a little … sad. What do you think?

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
BitTorrent is evil, downloading movies at 4 KB/s is a crime against humanity, a 2 days long crime.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This is more then silly I sentence state of Honk Kong paying me some thousands dollar for pain in reading the article.
Oh man they are so proud to be persons without any brains about copying some terrible movies on the net.
I would like to see how they plan to stop file sharing life sentence in prison for upload Harry Potter?
So clever, those movies are just not worthy that money.
My first step is to stop watching movies in oficial theatres, second is to be somthing more vicious.

But the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), which closely monitors uploading and downloading activities of unauthorised music files on the Internet, said the conviction so far has not shown any impact.
from link provided, how is that?

Of course torrent technology is guilty for movies suck!!

join