It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bin laden used to distract public by media?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
While switching thru channels i noticed something about "bin laden and how important it is what he has to say" segment on night news..
I wonder if they are stupid enought not to realize that public will notice such tactic that they employ everytime bush's rating drops [aka crisis develops]
Scare tactics CNN style.. !

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Everyone feels better if they have a scapegoat for problems, and Bin Laden was used to justify many things. He slowly faded from the media as we regained our bearings.

---Pineapple

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As I post this I want everyone to know that I don't exactly agree that bin laden was a scapegoat.

What I mean is I do believe he planned 9/11 but maybe not everything else that has been pinned on him.

As far as the post goes, it is human nature that each group of people, (group meaning by what time period you were alive in) had to have a "devil" to be scared of. bin laden is our current day devil.

In the time of jack the ripper

Penelope "My god my life is so bad, My lad is a drunkard, I fell off my horse and broke my leg and my entire family is hungry"

Penelope's Mother "yes, but at least you havent been run through by jack the ripper"

World War Two

Ernest "I don't think the great depression is over, I don't have a job, I may have to go fight in a war, and my entire family is hungry"

Ernest's friend "But at least our lives are not in danger at the hands of hitler"

Current times

Lisa "man is life bad....I lost my home, my brother is serving in Iraq, and I can barley put fuel in my car"

Lisa's therapist "but at least we don't live under Taliban control or bin laden"

- One Man Short

[edit on 7-11-2005 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
One Man,

I did not mean that Bin Laden was not responseable for things related to 9/11. However, after they already had his name out in the public, if they didnt have a specific person to blame, Osama would be the obvious choice.

Other things to add to your list:

We must protect america from:

The Commies (1920s)
The Japs (WWII)
The Terrorists (Now)

---Pineapple

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
One Man,

I did not mean that Bin Laden was not responseable for things related to 9/11. However, after they already had his name out in the public, if they didnt have a specific person to blame, Osama would be the obvious choice.

I know that is exactly what you meant. I was simply expanding upon your idea.

I am in aggreement with you on this one, meaning that he is an evil man, but once his name is out there he is everybody's "BOOGEYMAN".

Good Call on the "PUBLIC DEVILS" I missed.

Other things to add to your list:

We must protect america from:

The Commies (1920s)
The Japs (WWII)
The Terrorists (Now)

---Pineapple

- One Man Short

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
lol excellent thread pineapple
I'm sure alot of people don't make the connection, they do it all the time.
However Bin laden doesn't scare me, the US government does, I cringe every time I see a Bush ... and not just because they are unusally ugly

I may be getting off track here but U ever notice how George has never once, in any of his speeches, even after all these tragic "terrorist" events have occurred, looked sad or grief-stricken ?
He just never looks or acts sincerely in my eye and that alone is enough to wonder ...

[edit on 7-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I think that Bin laden has and still is out there to draw attention on him with the powers to be over here use it to cover-up their own illeagle activities. Another thought of some worth is why does it appear that terror episodes ocurre after a news release about him? I think in some way there must be a type of code worked into his statments when they are presented to the public. Just another thought.

top topics

join