It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Factory Found in France amid wave of violence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
In many ways this is proof that the Muslim community in France has integrated to the point where they behave like Frenchmen.

What happens in France when things dont go the way of small groups? Farmers block ports, anti capitalists smash resturants. When a Frenchman gets upset they let the world know. By breaking things or stopping other people doing what they want. Why do you think that the EU doesnt dare reform the CAP? Terror of the horde of irate French farmers who will do their best to kill the EU's economy unless we subsidise them. This is classic French activity, not part of some partially terrorist inspired plot.

Congratulations to the French government for teaching its immigrant descendants the very worst of French behaviour.

It is not a Muslim problem, it is a poverty and rascism situation where the protagonists happen to be Muslim. And it has now hijacked by some thugs intent on destruction.

And i have no doubt that the bomb factory was so terrifying that it took all of ten minutes to top up the police car with the pertol they found...

And if were going with the conspiracy thing then why would it be the CIA? The french secret services have no morals whatsoever and im willing to bet that they would support this in an attempt to flush out real terrorists.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

Congratulations to the French government for teaching its immigrant descendants the very worst of French behaviour.

It is not a Muslim problem, it is a poverty and rascism situation where the protagonists happen to be Muslim. And it has now hijacked by some thugs intent on destruction.

I'm sick of the bull# excuses for the behavior of this muslim scum.
If the racism is so bad they can just move back to their own country or the country their parents came from. Don't destroy the city that took you in and gave you their own citizens money in the form of welfare.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
WTF! does the CIA has anything to do with the roits... why would the CIA want to make bombs, well not bombs... just some bottle with fuel in it. plus, it's not had to make a fuel bomb, just put a long paper inside a bottle, and put in fuel. there, you got one... why do those kids need the cia to make fuel bombs? stop blaming on the CIA for god sake.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I'm sick of the bull# excuses for the behavior of this muslim scum

Where do you see the excuses? There is no excusing what is happening, but there were reasons, and these will have to be adressed even after the thugs and anarchists have been crushed.

Everyday also sees peaceful protest from the majority who want peace and a dialogue to resovle these difficulties. Should they all go back to their parents country too?

Life really isnt black and white, get a new TV.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
and it's still not a bomb it's an incendiary device.... maybe I should spell this out in laymans terms for ya

Incendiary device = something that makes fire thereby causing damage from heat and other secondary flame induced effects.

Bomb = a device designed to cause damage primarilly by the explosive effect and resulting shrapnel from said device and things in the immediate vicinity it pulverizes and commences to spread at lethally high speed on it's shockwave.

It wasn't a bomb factory in any way... unless every petrol station (that's gas station for us americans) is a potential bomb factory.... in which case we better stop buying fuel because under the new patriot clauses if someone makes a molotov with that same gas we could get the death penalty for unwittingly funding an organization that supports terror. Oh wait and we better stop going to the grocery store too because they have bottles and quite possibly rags there as well... and now some of them have an attached petrol station...

GAH this new world is full of potential terrorist bomb factories!!! we should all just voluntarilly submit to whatever our benevolent leaders think it will take to keep us safe!!!!

Really the irony of a blatantly fear mongering article like this as Chicken Little is number 1 at the box office is killing me.

THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING .... THE TEENAGERS HAVE MOLOTOVS THE TEENAGERS HAVE MOLOTOVS!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sugarlump
Ok American I was trying to be nice but I WILL NOT under any circumstances let my words be twisted by someone who wishes to perpetuate raw fear and IGNORANCE on some stupid web board.

If you want my honest opinion the entire reasoning and outrage behind the riots is a load of crap. But for you to in some way assume you have any clue what my world view is by one post and then to twist it and throw it back is purelly unacceptable.

How did I twist your words?

You said:

oh and PS: MOLOTOVS... not bombs in any way shape or form at best you get a dull whoosh as the fuel oil ignites.

That to me seems like you are down playing the sevarity of this. I can tell you from first hand experience from bouncing at bars in New Orleans - getting hit in the head with a bottle can really hurt and even kill you - much less one which douses it's victim in gasoline and lights him on fire. It sounds like you are trying to make it seem like it isn't really a big deal because it's not C4 or TNT. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

BTW, it's good to hear that you believe the reasoning to be bunk. I would hope any person in their right mind would.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by American Mad Man]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
for the last time as I've plainly stated molotov cocktails aren't bombs, they are incendiary devices. The article was blatantly misleading and in my opinion designed to play on people's existing fears, whether it was to sell more papers or some other reason is really irrelevant.

Preying on the publics ignorance of destructive devices and their relative power, especially when the words fuel oil in conjunction with the word bomb is likelly to conjure memories from the OKC ANFO bombing, was at best a shameless ploy to sell papers by fear mongering.

Honestly what I find most disturbing though is how both sides lined up to use an article, which is blatantly misleading and SHOULD have been caught given the relativelly high knowledge level of ATS posters, to champion their view points. It would have been much more rewarding and in my opinion edifying to see at least the first couple of posts rightfully panning the horrible level of spin doctoring that is being resorted to these days.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sugarlump
for the last time as I've plainly stated molotov cocktails aren't bombs, they are incendiary devices.

I understand this, but again, it sounds to me like were trying to down play the sevarity of making 150 such devices.

The article was blatantly misleading and in my opinion designed to play on people's existing fears, whether it was to sell more papers or some other reason is really irrelevant.

You may be right, or the wrightor/editor could have not known the difference. In any case, it gave the correct details as to the parts used.

Honestly what I find most disturbing though is how both sides lined up to use an article, which is blatantly misleading and SHOULD have been caught given the relativelly high knowledge level of ATS posters, to champion their view points. It would have been much more rewarding and in my opinion edifying to see at least the first couple of posts rightfully panning the horrible level of spin doctoring that is being resorted to these days.

Fair enough. I can't speak for others, but I read the artical before posting, and knew what they were making. Frankly, making pipe bombs wouldn't have meant anything more to me - they are clearly trying to make highly destructive and harmfull weapons with which to use against the people and property of France. Wheather or not it was a molotov cocktail, home made fertalizer napalm or what have you doesn't make a difference to me - the intention is the same.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yep to an extent I am downplaying something that, in my mind, is not worthy of headline news. If they had found any of about 3 or 4 other readilly available substances with the bottles and such I might be inclined to take it more seriously (for the sake of not perpetuating knowledge that may be used by others in a criminally negligent fashion I'll not list said substances). However in this case what I see is a semi organized if looselly knit group of disaffected people who had set up some sort of staging point to cache and make their molotovs. Which quite frankly really aren't that dangerous to humans but are psychologically intimidating and very good at causing property damage.

As I stated earlier I'll not go into my personal opinion of the so called reasoning behind said riots or the french governments immigration etc policies. The latter because I am frankly not well informed enough about said policies to offer a cogent argument either way about how much of a contributing factor they were.

However I will say from an outsiders perspective and from the coverage I am reading this is more of a ground swell of disaffected youths taking advantage of an excuse to break stuff and light things on fire. Which has been exacerbated by a cultural gulf and lax initial response to the seethings of unrest.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Actually, yeah, that does fit your agenda. Muslims can only do wrong if they are some how forced to do so.

No - but this is NOT an Religious Topic. Its a Poverty and Crime Topic. Every RACE and RELIGION has that Problems, not just Muslims. The Fact that these Kids are majority from Africa and that they are Muslims makes you extremly Happy huh AMM? Now you can further drive your ultimate hatred for them and say, that these people are nothing but savages anyway.

Yeah, I knew that France, and Europe in general, has an INFESTATION of radical, no good, worthless Islamic scum bags that absolutely RUIN the good name of other Muslim immegrents that adapted to their new home and made a life for themselves rather then blaming everyone but themselves for their problems. But no, these scum buckets feel the need to riot like the barbarians they are.

And WHERE did you READ that they are RADICAL, NO GOOD and WORTHLESS?!?! Its People like YOU and the Genious of the French Internal Minister that are Making them feel its Worth it! Can't you see that? When they are Labelled like you just did, 7 days a week, 4 week a month, maybe, just MAYBE they get a little Impatient?

Noooo - ofcorse not. They just RIOT because they are Animals!

They are Barbarians!

Wild Men!

Beasts!

You know WHO is a BEAST - a Slaveowner, who HANDS People from the trees and then Burn them. Thats Barbaric. But ofcourse - you forgot all about that, huh? So easy to blame the Problems of the world upon one Group of People, isn't it?

Makes it ALL Worth it...

That is how it is done, and untill they accept that nothing will be HANDED them - that they must work for everything and not throw hissy fits and riot - no one will respect them, and further more they will never have a better life.

They had NO respect before.

They could not get any Jobs.

What makes them LESS INFERIOR?

Religion?

Color of the SKIN?

Color of their EYES?

When you cut them, they BLEED the same as You and Me.

But, I guess nobody cares about that anymore.

Pure #ing RACISM!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
You know WHO is a BEAST - a Slaveowner, who HANDS People from the trees and then Burn them. Thats Barbaric. But ofcourse - you forgot all about that, huh? So easy to blame the Problems of the world upon one Group of People, isn't it?

Do you know who else did that and continued long after the Americans and Europeans stopped?
The muslims, that's who.
They even took Europeans as slaves.

Perhaps the Europeans should be throwing molatav cocktails into muslim neighborhoods and onto muslims cars and buses.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
here's how you protest your unemployment and poverty:

get a job.
move to an area where there are jobs

these people moved from their homeland to france for a better life and it isn't there. so move again

cold and callous? sure but that's the way you get ahead.

I'm so tired of people making excuses for acts that have no valid explanation. This was, originally, rioting due to two kids getting electricuted as they HID FROM POLICE IN AN ELECTRICITY PLANT. Now, in the second week of violence and destruction it has turned to a protest of their poverty and high unemployment rate? that's a great reason for destroying your own neighborhood, your own schools and businesses.

When will people learn that burning down your own town doesn't make the world collectively think "we need to give these people jobs and help them get a leg up in the world" It only helps to hurt their image.

and when was the last time an incendiary device factory (bomb for those that don't care about the semantics between the two words in this case) was discovered in a non-muslim neighborhood?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Do you know who else did that and continued long after the Americans and Europeans stopped?
The muslims, that's who.
They even took Europeans as slaves.

Perhaps the Europeans should be throwing molatav cocktails into muslim neighborhoods and onto muslims cars and buses.

Geee Ace, I have never seen you so Pissed.

So you are Protecting the Slavery of the United States?

The Goverment Controlled Racism of the White South African Republic?

Wanna check the SLAVERY Today?

"Although there is no longer any state which recognizes any claim by a person to a right of property over another, there are an estimated 2.7 million people throughout the world, mainly children, in conditions of slavery."

Why is that?

One Word - P R O F I T.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Wanna check the SLAVERY Today?

Yes, I would like to check slavery today.
I want you to do it also.

Modern Slavery

The enslavement of the Dinkas in southern Sudan may be the most horrific and well-known example of contemporary slavery. According to 1993 U.S. State Department estimates, up to 90,000 blacks are owned by North African Arabs, and often sold as property in a thriving slave trade for as little as $15 per human being.

Animist tribes in southern Sudan are frequently invaded by Arab militias from the North, who kill the men and enslave the women and children. The Arabs consider it a traditional right to enslave southerners, and to own chattel slaves (slaves owned as personal property).

Physical mutilation is practiced upon these slaves not only to prevent escape, but to enforce the owners' ideologies. According to an ASI report: "Kon, a thirteen-year-old Dinka boy, was abducted by Arab nomads and taken to a merchant's house. There he found several Dinka men hobbling, their Achilles tendons cut because they refused to become Muslims. Threatened with the same treatment the boy converted."

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

I'm sick of the bull# excuses for the behavior of this muslim scum.
If the racism is so bad they can just move back to their own country or the country their parents came from. Don't destroy the city that took you in and gave you their own citizens money in the form of welfare.

Man u need some serius anger managment. Where is all this hate coming from? Chill out... which part of "it is not related 2 muslims but 2 poverty" u dont understand?

[edit on 7-11-2005 by G_o_l_d_y]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Souljah, i admire your stubborness to try to open ups people's views on these events, However, i fear that most people here posting radical rasist statements won't change their way, it easier then actialy trying to understand the situation...

I hope most people here are smart enough to realise that this ENTITRE RIOT has nothing to do with religion whatsoever.

Aceofbase, there were protest and riots in Argentinia this weekend at the americas Topconference,....trashing shops, banks and whatnot... would you call those people Christian Terrorists then ?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

No - but this is NOT an Religious Topic. Its a Poverty and Crime Topic. Every RACE and RELIGION has that Problems, not just Muslims.

Yes, as a matter of fact it IS a religious topic. It is a crime topic as well. Poverty has nothing to do with it. You don't see ANY OTHER POOR PEOPLE BUT MUSLIMS rioting. You don't see the poor french who AREN'T muslims rioting now do you?

The Fact that these Kids are majority from Africa and that they are Muslims makes you extremly Happy huh AMM?

No, actually quite the opposite. I WISH there were no such conection. I wish we could chalk it up to some thing that transended religions - I really do! However, I am not going to sit here with my thumb up my ass and lie to myself that they aren't all Muslims. They ARE all Muslims, and the sooner people accept that FACT the better.

Now you can further drive your ultimate hatred for them and say, that these people are nothing but savages anyway.

Yes, I do hate these Muslims - not because they are Muslim, but because they are barbarians rioting in the streets, destroying peoples hard earned belongings, stoning innocent emergency workers who save lives, etc etc etc.

And WHERE did you READ that they are RADICAL, NO GOOD and WORTHLESS?!?!

Among many other places, every artical on these riots. They are by definition RADICAL for rioting over 2 kids getting electrocuted after running from police.

They are by definition NO GOOD for torching over 1000 cars.

They are by definition WORTHLESS for stoning ER workers and LIGHTING A HANDICAPPED WOMAN ON FIRE!

If you can't see that, then you have no hope Souljah.

Its People like YOU and the Genious of the French Internal Minister that are Making them feel its Worth it! Can't you see that? When they are Labelled like you just did, 7 days a week, 4 week a month, maybe, just MAYBE they get a little Impatient?

Me? All I ask is that they do what EVERY OTHER immegrent that has ever lived did - take the bottom of the barrel jobs and work your way up! Is that so hard?!?!?!

To work like a normal #ing person and not riot every time you don't feel so good about yourself?

Sorry, I have nothing but contempt for these rioters. They are worthless. Could you imagine what would have happened if every immigrent faction in the US had rioted when ever they felt bad about themselves?

This is retarded! The fact that you can in any way shape or form defend these people is simply unfathomable.

Noooo - ofcorse not. They just RIOT because they are Animals!

yup. They have no reason to riot.

They are Barbarians!

Yup.

Wild Men!

No - that would imply they are human.

Beasts!

There we go.

When all else fails, go back 100+ years and turn the table to Americans

Sorry, not this time. Stay on topic Souljah - you know, the MUSLIMS in the streets RIOTING and BURNING HANDICAPPED WOMEN ALIVE???

They had NO respect before.

Respect is earned not freely given away.

They could not get any Jobs.

BS.

What makes them LESS INFERIOR?

(just so you know, that is a double negative)

Hmmmm.... Maybe the fact that they RIOT and STONE PEOPLE tells you someting, ehh?

Religion?

Color of the SKIN?

Color of their EYES?

When you cut them, they BLEED the same as You and Me.

But, I guess nobody cares about that anymore.

Pure #ing RACISM!

No racism here, or bigotry for that matter.

Just stating the OBVIOUS - there are Muslim riots all around Paris (and other parts of Europe now I hear) and it has NOTHING to do with poverty, simply put, it is the bad faction of a religion making a bad name for the rest of them.

If you can't see that Islam is playing a part (even if it is a perverted twist on a peacefull religion) in this, you are simply hiding your head in the sand.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Yes, I would like to check slavery today.
I want you to do it also.

Only TWO can play this Game, Ace.

Stop using the MAGNIFYING Glass to look for problems.

Is there slavery in the United States?
There is slavery in the United States, mostly due to human trafficking for domestic work, migrant farm labor, or work in the sex industry. Migrant workers are tricked into working for little or no pay as means of repayment for debts from their transport into the US, similar to debt bondage in South Asia. Domestic workers and women in the sex industry are trafficked into the US with promises of jobs and education and then held as slaves. The US government estimates that 50,000 people are trafficked into the U.S. each year!

Free The Slaves

It’s a Wednesday night and the farm workers are gathered in their weekly meeting. They are members of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers, a local worker-led labor and human rights organization. At tonight’s meeting they are discussing the abuses they must live through, and also considering what must be done to improve their situation. The participants are all from Mexico, Central America and Haiti. The workers are using sketches to portray how the worst crew leaders have abused them. One of the pictures portrays a man stuffing a pistol in to his front pocket. He’s saying “and if anyone tries to leave without paying off your debt, I’ll kill him!” This is one way slavery afflicts America today.

The workers who have escaped captivity teach me about the reality of slavery in the US by recounting their personal experiences. “He sold us like animals,” one ex-captive told me, explaining how a ‘coyote’ (smuggler) tricked him into going to Florida by taking on the debt the worker owed for the transport over the border. “He gave the coyote money to pay for guiding us across the border and then told us we could pick tomatoes in Florida to pay him back.” The coyote told the worker he could pay of the debt by picking tomatoes, but made him believe he would earn $5.50 an hour doing so

www.freetheslaves.net...

Land of the FREE ey?

Sure...

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
here's how you protest your unemployment and poverty:

get a job.
move to an area where there are jobs

these people moved from their homeland to france for a better life and it isn't there. so move again

cold and callous? sure but that's the way you get ahead.

I am so tired of people making excuses for acts that have no valid explanation.

EXACTLY!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
This entire situation has nothing to do with religion, however bad you might want it to be so it fits into your deluded world view...

How are things over in Antwerp?
Didn't you guys have to deal with Muslim riots yourselves a year or two ago because some old guy with mental problems killed his muslim neighbor?

I think it is a problem with Islam and I wouldn't be surpriised if they were getting some outside encouragement but I really doubt it's the CIA.

Things are super here thnx, yes we had minor riots (200 to 300 youths creating trouble for 1 or 2 days) because indeed, a known rasist and marginal had shot a marrocan neigbour without any reasons. Pretty understable reaction imho. what would you do Ace of Base if your Muslim neighbour known for hate towards white poeple would shoot you brother for no reason other then "he was white"...judging by thje reaciotn in you posts you would problably napalm the entire region.....

After these riots, action was taken by smart politicians, creatign a platform to make the immigrant community communicate in a clear way with the City. Many of them ran as candidates in the last elections.
We've not had riots since then + We don't fear riots here, because unlike France, we didn't concentrate the immigrants in to Banlieu's , here they live amongs us, which means they don't feel as segregated and the dialog between the communities is far better. there is stil a lot of intolerance, hatred and blatant rasism , usualy by dumb "scared" misinformed people.

I don't know what you try to accomplish by posting about incidents dating 3 years ago which got blown out of proportion by the media.

Every weekends the most radical footbal hooligans terrorise entire belgian cities with riots and criminal behaviour, yet no-one even mentions this, letalone condemsn this , but if North african people riot, it's A jihad.....

double standard are so dangerous....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join