It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO Any of You Feel the Urgency?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You guys are freakin' me out! I too am one of the fogies. I remember the Cuban Missile Crisis and the "civil defense" drills we used to have to do. "Get under your desks, children. The nuclear fallout can't get you there."

I know I've mentioned this in a thread or two but I just don't feel anything weird or foreboding or ominous. Or at least any more than I ever have. Now maybe work stress and family issues etc have me so preoccupied that I just don't notice, but I don't think so.

So, no I don't feel the 'urgency' other than the urgency that comes with everyday crapola. So I'll continue to lurk around and glean whatever info I can from those of you fortunate[?] enough to pick up on things.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
You guys are freakin' me out! I too am one of the fogies. I remember the Cuban Missile Crisis and the "civil defense" drills we used to have to do. "Get under your desks, children. The nuclear fallout can't get you there."

Weren't those fun? Terror as a form of social bonding...

I know I've mentioned this in a thread or two but I just don't feel anything weird or foreboding or ominous. Or at least any more than I ever have. Now maybe work stress and family issues etc have me so preoccupied that I just don't notice, but I don't think so.

Ditto.

Man, it's the family stuff at our age that'll just drive ya nuts. Maybe that's what they need -- a couple-six kids in college, grandbaby, and aging parents all being handed to you and your spouse to sort out.

We should find a nice bar and whine over a couple of beers... or scotch, in my case.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Maybe that's what they need -- a couple-six kids in college, grandbaby, and aging parents all being handed to you and your spouse to sort out.

No thanks. I'd rather be feeling all creepy and weird, just me and DH.

(On a serious note, it sounds like your burden is pretty high. Sorry 'bout that...)

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
We should find a nice bar and whine over a couple of beers... or scotch, in my case.

Case of scotch. That ought to about do it.

From a perspective thing - I recognize there are those that really become immersed in this site. For me, I just have too much else going on to have it grab me that deeply. Although admittedly, I've let it take up more time that I should...

Sometimes you just need to set the gremlins aside and deal with life. Which is esy for me to say. If I experienced some blinding paranormal psychic event, I'm sure I'd feel entirely differently. And I'm not HOPING for that. Not now. Too many responsibilities.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
howmuch;

I meant that most people are still in beaver mentality,,nice ride, nice home, and maybe church, but that is it for talking or getting through, or being able to have a peer, so to speak.
The OP are the Indians, I have kept up with their propechies for many years.
You mean the 11:11 that you notice so much?
Have no idea, but it is a mostly American thing as far as I know of...correct me if it is not.non-Americans..

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just for the record, last night I logged off and went to bed at 11:11.
Kinda funny that I noticed it last night for today's thread.

Also, about life's distractions, I try very hard to keep my family life as simple as possible

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ok well it may have been from reading and replying in this thread but I had another volcano dream last night.

I was looking out to sea, was dark and early about 3 to 4 am and on the eastern horizon was the usually clouds..live in the tropics always clouds in the sky.

Anyhows Im looking out and then realised the the band of cloud on the horizon straight out from my town Cairns ? (some things were slightly different) was actually smoke rising thick and fast from a baby volcano forming on the seabed.

The detail was amazing. I can still picture in my mind the band of smoke going up and coming towards the coast. It was a dirty browny grey colour and so thick. I saw no lava or fire in the dream just this endless thick smoke rising from the seabed.... The sky as dawn came on turned an errie colour. like a dull browny coloured doom. The boats were all coming back into harbour so there was smatterings of boat lights all around the bay.

My house in the dream was not the one I live in now. In the dream I lived at water edge with a view of the bay, in reality I am up river from the bay towards the pyramid. Yes we have a pyramid here too, the worlds largest natural pyramid.

So Im sitting here pondering my dream today.....This is the second volcano dream I have had about this place. Which in itself is strange, usually my dreams are fuzzy with no purpose and no pattern... but I can still remember these two volcano dreams will startling clarity..especially this mornings.

and I am getting double numbers everywhere too at moment. Like I open a page on ats and one thread Im interested in will have 666 views or 33 replies.... look at the clock it will be 3 33 or 2 22 and so on.....

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I scanned then went off to do some other things. But thoughts were niggling at the back of my . - so here it is, off the top.

IMO - we often "know" things. And knowledge is without judgment. There is NO emotion attached to pure knowledge. So if we feel forboding, anxiety, or fear - even joy - then that means that our ego-consciousness is interfering with our ability to "know." It's kind of 'repackaging' the knowledge.

A trick I use when I have an emotional reaction and don't know what it really is or where it's coming from - I find the place it hurts most and press on it, push down hard. Works with physical pain too, but that's not what I'm talking about. This is more like psychic acupuncture. Takes a bit of practice, but once you get it down, it can be quick. The goal is to force the pain/reaction to the surface, and deal with it for what it is. Then once that's cleared, the truth isn't camouflaged by emotion.

I have found that when I lose the emotional reaction, my perceptions are more clear - and sometimes, the reality is quite different than my 'fear consciousness' framed the picture. What often happens is that our subconscious tells our conscious a story it can understand, with pictures that make sense to us at the time - it seems to be a way of trying to 'get through.'

Which does not mean I don't believe there will be real upheavals. More that I think we can choose how we feel about what happens. And we have more power if we're not weighed down with emotional baggage.

Mayet - I'm glad you documented your volcano dreams here. It will be interesting to see what comes up. So to speak.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Ahh does that bring back memories, I honestly remember one teacher, Mrs. Collins I believe it was, saying that when we saw the nuclear flash to dive under our desk immediately.

I guess that way they would know which pile of ash used to be which child. We also had drills where we all gathered in the halls, got on our knees facing the wall and hunched over with hands clasped behind our .s. We were suppose to do that one if we somehow got a warning that the missiles were flying.

I miss being young and nieve. Well, I miss being young anyway.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
oops, double post. sorry

[edit on 7-11-2005 by mrwupy]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a subtle bump for a great topic.

My sense of urgency has since subsided. I am keeping a cosmic eye open for it's return. I am curious if the holidays will alter time perception.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
a subtle bump for a great topic.

My sense of urgency has since subsided. I am keeping a cosmic eye open for it's return. I am curious if the holidays will alter time perception.

My peace has returned for the most part, as I was storm watching yesterday.These storms we are having is unparalled..

Sure it will return soon.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I've been noticing a slowing down. It seems to get worse with each passing year. It's as though the world is stuck in a slow motion time loop. Repeating itself in some insipid ritualistic dance of death. All the technological advances and instant communication have only seemed to enable humanity to repeat itself more efficiently. Watching it all is as tedious as watching uranium lose it's radioactivity. Granted, the surface level of reality is at it's busiest time in history. But that just makes the interminable repetition become instantly monotonous. Since the invention of time is directly linked to perception of change, this lack of change makes time appear to slow down. Just thinking about it makes me want to sleep for a few thousand years. Wake me up when humanity does.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hello all Iam rather new here, but I just had to say something about the 11:11 that was mentioned, I have been having that one time pop up quite a bit over the last 4 or 5 years, and it always seems to happen that after I notice it something weird or strange happens usually involving some form or time copression effect, I have also been a psychic (Empathic) and I have noticed that over the past few years the level of "Hostile" energy seems to have increased dramitically, it really does seem that everything is speeding up, days are shorter and things just seem to happen faster. Does anyone else notice this?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
oops, wrong thread.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by FEMA]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'm another geriatric aka another old hippie. I've had strange feelings (make that stranger than usual) feelings since the tsunami. That day, I felt like a crack had opened in time...a little slip into another dimension. The following months have been odd...at some times, life speeds by and peoples' emotions seem to be all on the surface...there is a nervous, edgy, freaky feeling. At other times, I feel at great peace and in touch with the universe.
I DO feel that we've entered into some kind of divide..the life we will live is not the life we lived before. Things that were unthinkable are thinkable. This isn't all doom and gloom. While I feel some terrible things will occur, I also feel some wonderful things will happen as well.
I don't know...I'm rambling...the only way I can express it is by saying we have all stepped over the precipice and things will never be the same.
joey

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon
I've been noticing a slowing down. It seems to get worse with each passing year. It's as though the world is stuck in a slow motion time loop. Repeating itself in some insipid ritualistic dance of death. All the technological advances and instant communication have only seemed to enable humanity to repeat itself more efficiently. Watching it all is as tedious as watching uranium lose it's radioactivity. Granted, the surface level of reality is at it's busiest time in history. But that just makes the interminable repetition become instantly monotonous. Since the invention of time is directly linked to perception of change, this lack of change makes time appear to slow down. Just thinking about it makes me want to sleep for a few thousand years. Wake me up when humanity does.

I think I understand what you mean, commerce, etc speeds up, but wisdom, seeking is slowed down..
IOW, I too have the wish to go to sleep until the human race seeks to know why we are here instaed of going through motions.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Lightning
Hello all Iam rather new here, but I just had to say something about the 11:11 that was mentioned, I have been having that one time pop up quite a bit over the last 4 or 5 years, and it always seems to happen that after I notice it something weird or strange happens usually involving some form or time copression effect, I have also been a psychic (Empathic) and I have noticed that over the past few years the level of "Hostile" energy seems to have increased dramitically, it really does seem that everything is speeding up, days are shorter and things just seem to happen faster. Does anyone else notice this?

Amen;

The hostile, non- caring factor is in over drive, the farther technology takes us along, seems this has given the human animal a sense of "I can say whatever I wish, as this is just a screen..
NADA, 90% of hostility may be doing irreparable harm, but do they care?
IMO, our karms is speeding up and we do not recognize it, but when we hit the brick wall of all our intent, only then will we open our eyes.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I do not feel any special "urgency" compared to past times, but I do feel that there is a coordinated confusion that is overtaking world events. Part of this may be due to todays hyper-media, or the fact that I am paying more attention. It could also be that things in the world are starting to unravel, and that confusion in religous, political, and other major areas is required in order to allow for the implementation of policies that all will embrace.

As for urgency - Rather than worrying about what may happen, I am preparing for something to happen. If it does, fine. If not, fine. Either way I am prepard and therefore not worried.

As for the posts about the Cuban Missile Crisis - We had to take one towel, a can of tuna, and a clean pair of underwear to school - The requirement for the clean pair of underwear always amused me as I figure it would be the first thing needed after seeing the cloud.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by sacrifice]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yes.

Everyone will soon feel the "urgency"...the fact that we are spiritual entities, all part of one universal spiritual consciousness. Within the next few years, the physical world will be changing very much...you may be feeling very "different" physically, emotionally...the weather will be very unpredictable and destructive...political tensions/war around the globe will escalate. This all building up for a massive shifting of energy/power in the universe. The higher vibrational state is closer to our "true" existance, and we are being geared up for a major change very soon. 5-10 years, everyone will see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join