It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO Any of You Feel the Urgency?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
watch..lol...I dont own one.
Hey, my avatar has been abducted! Can't leave anything lying around these days.

I think this week I will note when and where time changes pace. This could prove interesting.

That sounds like a wonderful project..

[edit on 6-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Go outside smell the roses...

sit in a crop circle

pluck a ripe fruit from a tree and eat it

watch a bird fly (while you still can)

walk along a beach or in a forest

sit on top of a mountain

*sigh I really need to go out more and I already do these things...

crushed from all sides.
chained in a rut
trapped within forever
on the inside looking out

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Lovely, thanks you mayet.
Wish I had a crop circle,,LOL

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
From what? I have tried all those things, and it did not stop time..
Usually Sunday is my day to do this. Have you found this works for you?

Yes, taking off the watch and ignoring time and just living for a day without worrying about what time to eat, what time to do whatever, it breaks up the stream. I find my Sundays turning into long lazy hours which seem to stretch on forever. I find this really relaxing.

I also do Iaido, a martial art using a katana. It is just form and kata, no fighting. Going into the smallest detail of stance and form, you'd be amazed at how little else you can think of when your full attention is on the sword. Given that each kata seems to last a while but in reality only lasts just over a minute it is a very calming and centering experience.

You ever notice that people and things shouting at you put you in a fugue? This fugue causes lost time as your mind reels. I remember some eastern philiosphy about the best way through a thorn bush - slowly sliding and swerving through rather than trying to blast your way through and get all tangled up. There is a similar thread elesewhere on the boards talking about Indian prophecies and one talks about how things speed up.

The advice given? The more things speed up, the more you should slow down.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
*sigh* i know what you mean sirius, my social life is being here on ATS

time escapes me.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
A.Bell wrote a book called "The Quickening" a few years back. At the time I read it I poopooed it. I hate to give Bell credit for anything as I am one of his "wingnuts"; but now it looks like his perceptions were accurate.

I too feel a time distortion but I get a rush and a feeling of excitement; not dread from it. High strangness facinates me and it looks like it could get real strange.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
OK, so much for my "Lyric" two cents.

About 20 years ago I was enticed/inspired to contemplate Time as non-linear. I was introduced to the concept of Time as "Globular".

Quite frankly, I never could conceptually grasp the idea beyond the purely intellectual/theory; I was not able get myself to feel time without the familiarity of linearity, of past, present, and future/future(s). I considered the series of thought-experiments to be largely fruitless at the time, although they did produce one rather curious artifact, as I recall:

Whenever I would try to percieve Time as being non-linear, or globular, as we refered to it, I would experience my perception of Time as passing much faster than normal. On average I would estimate a rate of passage 150% above so-called "normal".

Big problem was, how could I quantify such a perception to prove it "Real", it's not like you can take a stop-watch to the flow of Time, can you!

Perhaps to my discredit, I lost interest in the topic....until I read of the work by Peter Lynds (sp?). Mr. Lynds quite convincingly proves by simple logic that Time is in fact indivisible into discrete units such as minutes seconds, etc. and is in fact a single "Glob". It is simply that our human minds which can , so far, perceive but a narrow slice of reality, are incapable of experiencing anything but a linear 3D Universe...despite our posession of mathematics indicating so much more.

Perhaps this "Urgency" some are begining to perceive is the leading edge of an "awaking" of the human consciousness.

(Tangental point: I've been seeing the phrase "Wake Up" posted as graffitee in too many locations to be considered random, and too few to likely be advertising. Most often etched in lime/white chalk on the landscaped portions of freeway over-crossing abutments. Curious!)

As the song says, "We're all sensitive people, with so much to give..."

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Personally, I think age does not matter at all this time..Makes your job easier, that is good.
I do sleep a lot, as all the news has death and destruction, perhaps that may be some of the reason, in that if we sleep, we do not have to be sad or feel the changes that are taking place..
Spend a lot of time with your angel, they grow up so soon..

yes I understand ma'am, I guess I just mean that I feel I haven't had nor will I have the chance to REALLY enjoy growing older as I thought it would be, like my parents did here, able to raise children and have a family without really having to worry about things like we do today (in the magnitude they are presenting themselves to us now). The world has changed so much it makes me dizzy and continues to do so.

Thank you for your kind words ... I meant my partner (baby) he is a US sailor who just moved to Japan and I am here in Australia but we meet as often as possible, we are planning for me to move there
(and quite frankly I will be happy to leave Australia now and I never dreamed I'd ever say that ... thanks Johnny
)

ahhhh mrwupy, very encouraging words, thank you for sharing those

[edit on 7-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Lovely, thanks you mayet.
Wish I had a crop circle,,LOL

Narny narny narny...I got one.. * me stand with hands on hips and tongue sticking out

btw I have to update my info on it...its still going strong

and a little story to amuse while this cloud of doom hangs over us.

The other day I lost my keys, I searched the house top to bottom and was quite confident that I would find them eventually in the house...until my nine year old told me she had seen the baby playing with them out the backyard...
well the back yard is a jungle, the rains have started its growing like crazy and I hadn't mowed it so yup... two chances to find the keys none and none.

I searched the backyard for about two hours and then decided to sit in my crop circle and relax. a little voice said to me..mine more than likely... that if I went into the crop circle i would find them ........yeah sure...... so I went in the crop circle and immediately felt more relaxed like I always do when I stand in it but nope I couldn't "see' where the keys were at all... well so much for that brilliant psychic flashwave...

see I knew it was all poopywash..a figment of the imagination... well not the crop circle, its there and its so strange... but anyhows.. I stopped thinking about the keys..

I had a tent set up for the kids to play in as a cubby in the backyard and the teens often camped out in it and I had previously taken it down and started to clean it dry it out to pack away...as I left the crop circle still yelling at myself for being silly and relying on intuition I looked at the tent and thought hmm wonder how the tents going...so i went and picked up the top pole of it and lifted it...and yup..my keys fell out....

no joke..... and no way would I have found it and if I hadn't picked it up the side I did from the crop circle then no way were those keys going to be found.. I had already checked the tent but not under it....

so yeah i wasn't laughing so hard at myself then

*edit ...my crop circle thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
and the pics in the last post i made were taken after I had moved the tent after the key episode. The tent was next to the circle previously.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
]]]]]]]]]You ever notice that people and things shouting at you put you in a fugue? This fugue causes lost time as your mind reels. I remember some eastern philiosphy about the best way through a thorn bush - slowly sliding and swerving through rather than trying to blast your way through and get all tangled up. There is a similar thread elesewhere on the boards talking about Indian prophecies and one talks about how things speed up.

The advice given? The more things speed up, the more you should slow down.[[[[[[[[[[[[

Like a brer rabbit kind of thing? I have had 2 hours sleep and guess I will sleep sometime today.
I have "KNOWN' of the changes by the OP and others and was sure I would be prepared, but that has not been the case..
Am much disrurbed by the way that the people I do intreact with, seem as if it is 1955..?? wish it was beaver cleaver mentality

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitsunegari
*sigh* i know what you mean sirius, my social life is being here on ATS

time escapes me.

Yes, at least here I am not stared at like I am nuts if I try to speak of anyhing but basics

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
A.Bell wrote a book called "The Quickening" a few years back. At the time I read it I poopooed it. I hate to give Bell credit for anything as I am one of his "wingnuts"; but now it looks like his perceptions were accurate.

I too feel a time distortion but I get a rush and a feeling of excitement; not dread from it. High strangness facinates me and it looks like it could get real strange.

I LOVE Art, he has a new book about the weather which is coming to pass called Upcoming Global Superstorm.
Believe me, I have known highs and rushes and this ain't it for me.
Perhaps age does really have something to do with it..vibrating continiously is hard for my ole bones..

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
]]]]]]]]Perhaps this "Urgency" some are begining to perceive is the leading edge of an "awaking" of the human consciousness.

(Tangental point: I've been seeing the phrase "Wake Up" posted as graffitee in too many locations to be considered random, and too few to likely be advertising. Most often etched in lime/white chalk on the landscaped portions of freeway over-crossing abutments. Curious!)

As the song says, "We're all sensitive people, with so much to give..."[[[[[

As a Master Watchmaker, I have always been involved with the time, and nothing is more alchemical than to get a watch if perfect 'beat'
Try to fathom timelessness which is what is on the 'other side'IOW, when we get there there is no time, but for whatever or whomever keeps the Universal records--they have to use some measuring device?
Love that 'wake up' I guess in all in my ciry are asleep at the wheel..

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
]]]]]yes I understand ma'am, I guess I just mean that I feel I haven't had nor will I have the chance to REALLY enjoy growing older as I thought it would be, like my parents did here, able to raise children and have a family without really having to worry about things like we do today (in the magnitude they are presenting themselves to us now). The world has changed so much it makes me dizzy and continues to do so.

Thank you for your kind words ... I meant my partner (baby) he is a US sailor who just moved to Japan and I am here in Australia but we meet as often as possible, we are planning for me to move there (and quite frankly I will be happy to leave Australia now and I never dreamed I'd ever say that ..[[[[[

Perhaps we all wish we had lived in the times of our parents, mine were of WW2 and I romance the 40's though it was probably not that romantic.
I really feel for young people too, as the only problem I had in school was starched crinolines and gum shewing..ROFL
I feel in the last 20 years, our young folks are TOO innundated w/ madness from all sides!
Very happy for you to have a brave soldier to love, cherish him, as young love is appreciated by olders people..Enjoy your move..

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
[[[[no joke..... and no way would I have found it and if I hadn't picked it up the side I did from the crop circle then no way were those keys going to be found.. I had already checked the tent but not under it....

so yeah i wasn't laughing so hard at myself then]]]]

Gotta always 'listen' but you know that..My house woods look like an Amazon jungle, I would never find anything smaller than a basketball if anything was lost..
envy your crop circle..

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Like a brer rabbit kind of thing?

Like the Tar Baby? Yeah, something like that. Getting into unneccesary arguments, shouting at people you don't know....should all just let it slide, life is too short to let the idiots get to you.

I have had 2 hours sleep and guess I will sleep sometime today.

I hope that's on top of a good 7 or 8 hours a night!

I have "KNOWN' of the changes by the OP and others and was sure I would be prepared, but that has not been the case..

Urrrr......? What changes have you "KNOWN" and who is the OP?

Am much disrurbed by the way that the people I do intreact with, seem as if it is 1955..?? wish it was beaver cleaver mentality

You wish people would be more like "Leave it to Beaver" or you think they already are too much like that? Those people never existed.....ever

People have been as down and dirty as they always have been, we just tend to look back with nostalgia at simpler times.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

As a Master Watchmaker, I have always been involved with the time, and nothing is more alchemical than to get a watch if perfect 'beat'

Any hints on all the "11" 's I have been seeing on my watch?

Before any smart arse says it, yes the watch is wound up and the batteries are okay...it's not stopped okay!?!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I just read over this thread. It is excellent!
And I’m smiling. Probably because it’s nice to know that I’m in such good company. I’ve been feeling the stuff you all describe for about a month or so. It’s hard to describe, but it’s like some sort of ‘shift’ is imminent.

When I look at the sky I feel something I cannot describe, almost like I’m looking ‘through’ to something else. Like I’m seeing glimpses of another reality. Like I may be looking at this one for the last time.

I’m with soficrow and whaaa. I feel excited, anxious, eager, awe, wonder, and anticipation. I think it’s about acceptance of whatever the future holds. Without fear. Knowing I cannot stop it, I will ride it out and see ‘where’ I end up.

And it comes and goes in waves. Sometimes it’s so strong, I feel urgent. Other times, I wonder why I felt so strange…

I hate to go out. Only when absolutely necessary. I don’t want to see people or meet anyone new.

I don’t own a watch, but I dream about watches…

I’ve discussed this with those who are very close to me and some of them feel it, too, but I didn’t realize that so many did. Many think this feeling is the precursor to the earth’s inhabitants moving into the 4th dimension or 4th density.

From an email from a close family member:

When I went out to the store the other day, that sense of being totally alien and not being able to relate to anyone or anything I came into contact with was overwhelming - almost palpable! And, like you said, [BH], that feeling has been really ramping up especially over the last week or so. I think you're right on the mark about "looking at things [as you've always known them] for near the last time."

Things that used to be somehow pertinent are becoming increasingly irrelevant, and I see that as a shift or expansion in awareness. The trick is to be in one's "ease" during the process - to trust and remain completely open while the ego-mind sits quietly out of the way in a corner playing with its blocks. For quite some time now, [wife] and I have felt, in the very core of our being, that this particular (3rd density) experience of physicality is rapidly drawing to a close. Whatever physical calamities (heavy duty promptings to wake up) that are hovering on the horizon are experiences specifically for those who still have a stranglehold on their hypnotic illusions. I also see them as being the vehicle through which those who wish to continue with the illusion of "separation, darkness and fear" may "move on" to another suitable "location." Meanwhile, Earth, and her inhabitants who wish to do so, will be "moving on" to a higher frequency of being. An area where I feel that a lot of otherwise well intentioned "new age" types miss the mark is that we're not really "going" anywhere. And while the idea of, for instance, being beamed up into starships in order to be "rescued" from all of this is top-notch ego excitement, it simply isn't necessary. It's not about being rescued - we don't need it. That's fear-based 3D thinking and conditioning. And it's not about "going" anywhere in the usual sense. It's about an expansion of awareness
which allows an expanded experience. It's about allowing, and accepting, a higher vibratory frequency of existence that achieves the sense of "moving on." Fighting or resisting that is what brings on the low-level experience of "physical calamities" which is something every human who has ever existed has experienced over and over, usually on a personal level. Only now, it'll probably be on a mass level. Same goes for the "ascension" half of the equation.

Show's over, folks. Time to vacate the building.

One other clue I've gotten that everything is wrapping up, so to speak, is that virtually ALL of the channeled info (including dis-info) being presented for the past several months has become utterly redundant. In fact, some of the internet channeling sites are shutting down now. There's nothing "new" to share - nothing more to say. It's all about going within for answers and guidance now.

I know the Chinese have a curse that goes something like: "May you live in interesting times." Well, these are most definitely "interesting times" but I sure don't see them as a curse at all. I see them as the most incredible human experience imaginable... so far!

OK, enough for now. "Say goodnight, Gracie..."

Here's just one of many sites that talk about the 4th density stuff I mentioned.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupyBut then again Syr, it may just be us. I'm old enough to be the father of most members of ATS...and considering my ill spent youth its quite possible I am, but back to the conversation.

We can form the League Of Overage Posters and whack the young'uns with our canes when they get uppity. I'm the same generation as both of you.

life seems to have become a run-a-way train and were all holding tickets to the ride and are waiting for the derailment and resulting disaster. The thing is, it may not derail, it may be stopped and we all get off the train and go our merry ways. I'm not counting on that, but hey, i'm still enjoying the ride.

I suspect it's actually the medium through which we're communicating.

Remember the Cuban Missle Crisis? Just imagine the panic, terror, and end-of-world-ism back then, when we really WERE just a breath away from WWIII.

And how about the time that the Berlin Wall went up. I was in Germany then, living in military housing, listening to the sounds of our troops being marched out into the field so in case of an attack by the Russians, they couldn't wipe out our army.

...just us, the dependants.

Ah, imagine if Rush Limbaugh and all the pundits and panderers had existed back then, along with the reach-out-and-touch-everyone Internet.

Remember the Red Scares? The witch hunts of "commie pinkos"? The Great Planetary Alignment of (when was it) 1975? The Age of Aquarius? The Watts Riots? Race riots? Civil rights marches? The hurricanes that we couldn't spot until it was only a few days away? The great Alaska earthquake? The "Satanic Panic" of the 1980's with all the accusations (unjustified) of ritual abuse (now discounted... but all the people unjustly accused and jailed)?

And that was only the US. There was also the killer smogs in London where several hundred people died, polio epidemics, smallpox epidemics...

Ah, the list could go on for a long time. Yes, I lived through it all as well but my view may be changed because I was a military dependant and saw a lot of the world and a lot of things most people will never see. Life moves faster because we're busy and because we have such a huge selection of distractors.

Cut your tv down to just THREE local networks (remember what our news was like?) and cut hours of broadcast to 8am to midnight. The world will look different. Change your radio options to five local channels only (no talk radio.) The world will look much different.

We are in a noisy environment and we have to now select our information out of all the roars and howls. We no longer have it handed to us in a relatively noise-free environment. But the Internet and satellite tv and so forth haven't been something that we grew up with. It is a new thing and we don't know how to separate out choices, so we see chaos and it's frightening.

It's not THAT frightening to me, because the Internet is my field of study and I know a bit about sorting good stuff from noise. But it can overwhelm you if you don't learn discernment and fact-checking.

...in my over-educated opinion, of course.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
ok...so this is the 'old flatulence challenged type thread of doomy feelings' and, as more than likely the oldest 'OFCT' here at nigh on 60, I feel like I must chime in with my 1.78 (US) cents.

Yeah...I feel there is something in the air. Just like a flock of old birds, we're all turning simultaneously at the influx of a sense of dread. Call it syncronicity or collective unconscious, it doesn't matter...our minds are being affected.

My sleeping habits are in turmoul and I've turned to all things dire and threatening and it can be seen in my 'Seven Fires' thread in the ATS Prophesies board. I can't help myself and it's been going on for about year now.

It's like I have this craving to 'sum up' mankinds history since the Great Flood and glean from it some continuity...in philosophy, theology and history. There's gotta be a common thread in all these seperate, yet intrinsically connected issues.

I'm about ready to gather the clan and look for good caves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join