It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gods Storms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I was reading on the internet about the tornados that ripped through munfordville, and other REDNECK AREAS. WHere there are trailer parks there are storms that come through and destroy them. I think historically storms and tornados strike poor areas the most.

I am asking myself If God is on control of storms and Christians are his people then why do destructive atmospherics disturbances always seem to strike areas that are highly christian? Are christians really God's people or God doesn't exist?
or maybe God is punishing the poor for being poor

[edit on 6-11-2005 by scienceguy94]

Mod edit: All caps title

[edit on 6-11-2005 by parrhesia]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This is a rude and mean post.

Get a life.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Spittin Cobra,

That was a rude and mean reply. Be nice.

scienceguy94,

You say you think historically storms and tornados strike poor areas the most.
Why do you think this? Do you have anything to back it up or is it conjecture?

why do destructive atmospherics disturbances always seem to strike areas that are highly christian?

What? They do?
How do you explain natural destruction outside of America?

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
God kills rednecks, thats nice.:shk:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't think that this post is any more rude or mean than the Christian right saying that AIDS is God's punishment for Homosexuals.

I must admit that all the weather disasters occuring in the US has made me think "is this a wake-up call, an omen, a warning from God" for some spiritual infraction on a national level?

[edit on 6-11-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
God kills rednecks, thats nice.:shk:

Obviously you disagree with the content of the post, and you should be aware that addressing the post and its content is a bit more mature than getting personal and saying something like 'get a life.' That does nothing to refute what's being said.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
I think historically storms and tornados strike poor areas the most.

If you do not have any sources, and this is merely a thought you had, I suggest you post in the Skunk Works forum. That's why it's there, for speculative theories.

I am asking myself If God is on control of storms and Christians are his people then why do destructive atmospherics disturbances always seem to strike areas that are highly christian?

We are here to learn. That wouldn't be accomplished if a higher power kept intervening whenever one of his creations saw fit.

Are christians really God's people or God doesn't exist?

Do you really expect anyone to answer that with anything other than conjecture?

or maybe God is punishing the poor for being poor

:shk:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

Obviously you disagree with the content of the post,

I disagree with spewing of hate and ignorance.

[edit on 6-11-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It could be as simple as financial; the poor (99% of the country when compared to the top earning 1% who make more than all the rest) can't afford to pick up and move if their area is at risk. And really how often have upper-crust with houses above the half-million mark been wiped flat by a storm? Sure some random rich people who live in the areas most frequented by seasonal natural disasters might loose a house, but one millionare in a poor county doesnt constitute the rich being hit by a storm does it? To the best of my knowledge (and I'm open to contradiction) the only times rich people face nature's wrath is when California starts burning from a wild fire.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So people will want me to post some statistics on the demographics of the areas hit hardest by storms right. I don't feel like spending hundreds of hours of my time trying to prove a point. All i know is that everytime I see neighborhood getting demolished by a tornado or hurricane. it looks like white trash livs there.
applying the same logic that funamentalist use and say that it is God's judgement then I should come out and say well it looks like the poor are getting hammered so therefore God must not like the poor.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It dosent matter what religeon you are. It is what is in your heart. So to say that GOD has it in for any religous group, is not accurate. If anything (if GOD was to controll "who get's it") It would just be about those who are abusive to their religon, or just bad people.
And then there are those times when you are playing lawn bowling, and you squish a bug.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Its funny I saw "tornado" in bible code under 666. I know bible code is prob false but who knows. Maybe they are man made by some evil fool the figured out black magic or if anything holds true with weather machines like haarp..sorry not trying to spark a different debate but just thoughts.

as far as hitting the poor areas I can't agree I think you will see a double wide go flying away before a well built house. Also when Katrina happened or the other hurricanes they hit the shoreline which you need $$$ to live on the shore.

The question is what is weather? My old post I asked did it rain before earth was destroyed by floods and ppl posted many refs from the bible that it in fact did not. Also I wish I could remember but I remember seeing a scientific fact on this but have yet to find what I originally saw. So is weather a evil energy? or something of the works of black magic? Or maybe just a warning from God?

If it is a warning from God would it matter who it killed? I mean bad would go whereever the bad go and the good to heaven?

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If you go to teh library and look up historical whether patterns, you will see that Oklahoma is the epicenter for tornados, and the diminish as you move outward from there.

The other factor to consider is that low rent housing, such as trailer homes, have almost no tornado protection, wheras a modest brick home can withstand a smaller tornado easily.

Combine these factors and the mystery is solved.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
but that begs the question how many tornados run through poor areas vs rich areas. There has got to be a answer for this.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
What about Tornado alley? It is just like up the center of the US isn't it? Do these ever happenin europe or asia? Something doesn't seem right at all.

Also what about hurricanes? I see them here but never in europe and asia.

Also Japan has typhons but other than that??

I could be clueless since I live here but maybe someone knows better than I...?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
but that begs the question how many tornados run through poor areas vs rich areas. There has got to be a answer for this.

An answer for what? Rich people tend to live on the coasts where there are relatively few tornados.

In the areas that do have tornados, rich people have stronger houses that can withstand typical tornados.

Trailer parks do not get hit by tornados more frequently than surrounding areas, they just sustain more damage because trailers are flimsy.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
Also what about hurricanes? I see them here but never in europe and asia.

Also Japan has typhons but other than that??

First off, the word "hurricane" applies only to Atlantic storms. Similar storms happen elsewhere, they just aren't called "hurricane".

Second, whether patterns are somewhat predictable across the globe for nonmysterious reasons. The sun heats the globe irregularly due to the uneven distribution of angles of sunlight combined with uneven distributions of land vs. water, and the uneven pull of the moon.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I know I am gonna be a real pain in the arse here but..

So if it is in fact due to uneven rays coming from the sun and land etc can this be summed up just as a natural thing or if with extensive research would there be something more as to the reason and areas?

As I mentioned the fact that it did not rain until the earth was flooded the first time. Well it has rained only after that point. So if in fact the flood originated by God to cause all that damage could the rain and storm systems than be looked at as something more than just weather?

Just a thought...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by japike
As I mentioned the fact that it did not rain until the earth was flooded the first time.

There is no geological evidence that the entire earth was flooded, nor that there was ever a time when it didn't rain. That's just a bedtime story to scare kids into behaving well.

top topics

join