It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on Prophecies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Prophecies and prediction to me are nothing more than scenarios of the future that men had envision. The probability of a prophecy or prediction occuring more than the other prophecies and prediction can be alter by the human's global spiritual conciousness. It is also possible that the other prophecies and prediction of a certain event that failed to occur in our unversial plane could occur within another parallel unverse and that we are envisioning a future of our parallel counterparts.

Now, I can't back anything up, it's just a thought I had, something I hope would be interesting enought to meet the demands of the people in this forum, and would bring an interesting discussion. You can say this is a theory because the parallel unverse theory been clarified yet except if you take the Membrane theory into account and that is still a theory itself. Also science hasn't taken spritual phenomeum into account, but it we do take parallel unverse theory and the spirtual approach to my theory it would make some sort of sense.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I used to be quite the DC fangirl back in the day, so I'm acquainted with the parallel-universe concept.

But I don't buy it. I think what will happen will happen. (And let's not get into destiny vs. free will.)

Bible prophecy is accurate. The book of Daniel predicted Alexander the Great's empire being split among his four generals. We're already seeing Bible prophecy come to pass--you just have to know how to look at world events.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Prophecies and prediction to me are nothing more than scenarios of the future that men had envision. The probability of a prophecy or prediction occuring more than the other prophecies and prediction can be alter by the human's global spiritual conciousness.

yes and on the same scale you could think further along ... If prophecies are visions of the future, Can we write a book on the future and make the things happen because we wrote it "prophecized"?

think orwell 1984

think the book the titan published in 1880s about a huge unsinkable liner, that is sunk by an iceberg..

[edit on 6-11-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Interesting concept Mayet!

Maybe it will work on a smaller, personal level also. Sort of a literary voodoo doll.

This could get nasty!!!!!

You know what? This is a very scary thread!

[edit on 7-11-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Its easy to predict some things when you know of them a hundred years before everyone else.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet

Prophecies and prediction to me are nothing more than scenarios of the future that men had envision. The probability of a prophecy or prediction occuring more than the other prophecies and prediction can be alter by the human's global spiritual consciousness.

yes and on the same scale you could think further along ... If prophecies are visions of the future, Can we write a book on the future and make the things happen because we wrote it "prophecized"?

think orwell 1984

think the book the titan published in 1880s about a huge unsinkable liner, that is sunk by an iceberg..

[edit on 6-11-2005 by Mayet]

I've never heard of Orwell or Titan, I shall do more research on it later, but what is the basic summary of the book? Curious!

I think I know where your heading Mayet, but I could be wrong, I would be grateful if you further explain to me your theory (im just gonna call it that for now). I'm not trying to argue with you, I honestly and simply unsure of what your trying to say that's all, I just need more further explanation. Until I am sure I won't reply to your question, nothing personal.

-------------------------------

TgSoe,

You bet it is. Anyone seriously can make up stuff crap and label it a "prediction". I guess what separates the true prophets from the false one or your average JOEs are the facts that "true prophets" are 1) able to make specific prediction about events that could occur in the far future and 2) have a decent percentage rate of successful prophecies. To measure this we can just simply divide the number of successful prophecies by the number of predicted ones then times the decimal by 100. SIMPLE!

I'm sure anyone can predict tomorrow's weather. I mean you have what a 1 in 4 chances of being right? I mean it could be rainy, snowy, sunny, or windy. Then again the chances of one occurring more that the other can be accounted by factual in formations such as the seasons or whether or not the cloud is cloudy or whether the outdoor temperature is high or low. so if you're smart enough to use those tools the probability of being correct is greater.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by skyblueff0]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
Prophecies and prediction to me are nothing more than scenarios of the future that men had envision. The probability of a prophecy or prediction occuring more than the other prophecies and prediction can be alter by the human's global spiritual conciousness. It is also possible that the other prophecies and prediction of a certain event that failed to occur in our unversial plane could occur within another parallel unverse and that we are envisioning a future of our parallel counterparts.

Now, I can't back anything up, it's just a thought I had, something I hope would be interesting enought to meet the demands of the people in this forum, and would bring an interesting discussion. You can say this is a theory because the parallel unverse theory been clarified yet except if you take the Membrane theory into account and that is still a theory itself. Also science hasn't taken spritual phenomeum into account, but it we do take parallel unverse theory and the spirtual approach to my theory it would make some sort of sense.

Magickman: It is common knowledge that science fiction eventually becomes science, no? We, humanity, have a vast array of potential futures. Which one will we experience? No one knows. IMHO, a prophet sees a potential future, ands tells others about it, convinced that it will come true. That does not make it so, because people's wants and wishes, coupled with their desires, can change the future, for them, anyway. Nothing in written in stone, there is no diety directing our progress, we are fully on our own to make the future what we wish it to be.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I confidently predict that there will always be prophecies.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magickman
It is common knowledge that science fiction eventually becomes science, no? We, humanity, have a vast array of potential futures. Which one will we experience? No one knows. IMHO, a prophet sees a potential future, ands tells others about it, convinced that it will come true. That does not make it so, because people's wants and wishes, coupled with their desires, can change the future, for them, anyway. Nothing in written in stone, there is no diety directing our progress, we are fully on our own to make the future what we wish it to be.

I see what your saying, and honestly viewing it your perspective it does make alot of sense. I guess what makes your theory and my theory different is that I try to approach prophecies at a spiritual or mathematical level, as for you your approaching it in a more logical level. Either way you do make your point and I respect that.

-----------------

Englishman lol you are so wrong!!! I mean what happen when the universe collapse and all thing cease to exist. lol...oh you englishman...(J/K), I'm sure prophecies will always be there...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

What about the whole Hopi Blue Star Prophecy and the whole Revelation thing coming together?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbfan1

What about the whole Hopi Blue Star Prophecy and the whole Revelation thing coming together?

LOL, lol I can you give me a discription of those Prophecies...and ill think of a reasonable answer for ur question.

new topics

top topics

join