It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Things Science Can't Explain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Some telepathie experiments, which show the excistence of it:

1. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
2. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
3. www.clinicaltrials.gov...
4. www.bastyr.edu...
5. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Check the website of the Princeton PEAR project about telekinese, and/or the Global Consciousness Project

www.princeton.edu...
noosphere.princeton.edu...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
In his signature, Rren mentions Stephen Hawking.

Here is something that defies explanation. Motor Neurone Disease kills within 18 months to 5 years of diagnosis.

How has the great Stephen Hawking managed to defy the odds and hold it at bay for 30 YEARS???

[edit on 8-11-2005 by Englishman_in_Spain]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
www.google.nl...,GGLD:2004-16,GGLD:en&q=quantum+superluminal+communication

superluminal= faster than the speed of light.

Very Interesting stuf but stil in the experimentel phase

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
i always wondered how people can not beleive in ghosts or paranormal activity. In newtons laws of physics, energy can not be destroyed nor created. so what are we? we are ENERGY. SO WHERE THE HECK DO WE GO? either god is like a power plant and we just go right back him just like when you turn off a light. or we stay here, but we dont just disappear. so there is alot of things that people cant understand, or explain. either because they dont want to beleive it or their not open minded enough to think outside of the box

Very interesting stuff.

IMO - ...Seems like it's the direct cause-and-effect assumptions that are in question. Complexity theory accommodates the apparently unexplainable, but doesn't quantify the interrelationships of the mechanisms and influences/forces - and complexity theory has been around for a while. It's popular in predicting stock exchange activity, but dissed in the hard sciences - I think because of the legal implications.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
While I certainly believe in 7 and 11 and give strong possibilities to number 8 I don't think I'd consider psychokinesis as a proven phenomena (imo of course).

You also forgot to mention the following unexplainable things:

1) Clamato juice

2) Competitive Jello sculpting

3) That kid in college who would eat anything for a dollar.

4) Ben Afflecks career.

I'd like to see science tackle those.

SPiderj

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
How can Paris Hilton be a functional being without using her brain...

seriously
what about love?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Seems to be the right place to add another list that deals with things science assumes to have addressed but in fact can not explain or simply refuse to deal with....

www.thefinaltheory.com...

Stellar

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by qtkc1

i always wondered how people can not beleive in ghosts or paranormal activity. In newtons laws of physics, energy can not be destroyed nor created. so what are we? we are ENERGY. SO WHERE THE HECK DO WE GO? either god is like a power plant and we just go right back him just like when you turn off a light. or we stay here, but we dont just disappear.

Our body energy is melted into the universe. That does not mean our conciousness remains, because our consiousness is the result of the operation of the brain.

For any machine that stops working, the work produced by the machine can not longer be produced. The energy remains, though, just as it was there before one was born.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Japairman

Some telepathie experiments, which show the excistence of it:

1. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
2. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
3. www.clinicaltrials.gov...
4. www.bastyr.edu...
5. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Check the website of the Princeton PEAR project about telekinese, and/or the Global Consciousness Project

www.princeton.edu...
noosphere.princeton.edu...

None of these so called "experiments" are repeatable or provide a theory that somehow explains the findings. Even the findings themselves are based on manipulating statistics.

These so called "experiments" are not science.

Look guys, there has never been and there will never be anything paranormal outside of human imagination. Why don't we all accept this little fact and get on with our lifes?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That's a bogus list for the most part with a few genuine mysteries thrown in for effect. There are plenty other things science can't expliain.

I thought gravity was the distortion of time/space created by mass.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Why do people keep thinking that because we SEEM advanced, and have these super fast computers, that we should be able to explain everything by now. Come on people. Science takes time to evolve, just like everything else. We hardly know anything about space, and even less about our oceans. We have only had cars for 100 years, planes for 100, computers in society about 20, i mean, relax. The answers will come. These religious proponents are doing the same thing now as they were hundreds of years ago. Spilling lies and false information to people to try to sway their alligiance.

They continue to change their philosophy to fit the science. What ever happened to telling people the earth was the center of the Universe, whoops, science blew that out, but it took until 1983? for the vatican to finally announce it was fact. Seems funny to me that if God said all thse years that the earth was at the center, then all of a sudden, well, god lied, nah, its not.

Religion is bogus and continues its crap. You wanna believe it, fine with me, but dont do it at the expense of fact. Dont manipulate people to fill your agenda.

Im out

Train

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain
Why do people keep thinking that because we SEEM advanced, and have these super fast computers, that we should be able to explain everything by now. Come on people. Science takes time to evolve, just like everything else. We hardly know anything about space, and even less about our oceans. We have only had cars for 100 years, planes for 100, computers in society about 20, i mean, relax. The answers will come.

True but what many posters here is suggesting is that the public is given a false idea of exactly how little it is we know! The fact that much of what we do 'know' seems to be wrong hardly helps the case for great scientific progress... Science does as you say take time to evolve but when it prevents progress should we not be alarmed and ask what the motivation of our scientific establishments really are?

As to your observations about religion i have much to add but nothing to disagree with.

Stellar

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Religion is bogus and continues its crap. You wanna believe it, fine with me, but dont do it at the expense of fact. Dont manipulate people to fill your agenda.

Train

You mean like you are doing with that post?

I am not religious, but I have been in scientific circles long enough to realize that science is at least as dogmatic and monolithic as any religious institution.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
One of the main things science has a hard time explaining is the ARROGANCE of humans and their thought processes. Just the fact of being human somehow makes us experts on all things in the cosmos because we have a dicipline called physics.

For a specie that is a relative nubbie cosomoligicaly speaking;

we sure have a high opinion of our science. Reminds me of teenagers that think they have all the answers; then find out how stupid they were when a little more mature.

If some advanced being tried to explain the universe to humans; it would be like trying to teach a pig how to play seven card stud. You know the rest...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMorden

Train

You mean like you are doing with that post?

I am not religious, but I have been in scientific circles long enough to realize that science is at least as dogmatic and monolithic as any religious institution.

No, science is not dogmatic and monolithic, science requires proof created by using the scientific method. Anything that can not be proved by the scientific method is not science.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
One of the main things science has a hard time explaining is the ARROGANCE of humans and their thought processes. Just the fact of being human somehow makes us experts on all things in the cosmos because we have a dicipline called physics.

For a specie that is a relative nubbie cosomoligicaly speaking;

we sure have a high opinion of our science. Reminds me of teenagers that think they have all the answers; then find out how stupid they were when a little more mature.

If some advanced being tried to explain the universe to humans; it would be like trying to teach a pig how to play seven card stud. You know the rest...

This discipline called physics allowed us to travel to other planetoids. This very medium you are using called the Internet is the result of physics' progress of the last 50 years.

Science may never have all the answers, but that is no reason to believe in spaghetti flying monsters or giant turtles.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Englishman_in_Spain
In his signature, Rren mentions Stephen Hawking.

Here is something that defies explanation. Motor Neurone Disease kills within 18 months to 5 years of diagnosis.

How has the great Stephen Hawking managed to defy the odds and hold it at bay for 30 YEARS???

[edit on 8-11-2005 by Englishman_in_Spain]

I think it is because Stephen Hawking has something to do. He's very intelligent and has great, complex problems to think about and occupy his time.

I think that the people that die within 18 months to 5 years quite literally die of boredom. The can't move, and can barely speak (or not at all), and have nothing mentally stimulating to think about.

- McGrude

[edit on 2005/11/14 by McGrude]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMordenI have been in scientific circles long enough to realize that science is at least as dogmatic and monolithic as any religious institution.

How so?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
12 Things Science Can't Explain

I would say 13 things at least

NDE's = Near Death Exsperiences

I would classify this for that cause there are so many reasons why people have these that its not funny. Here are a few reasons.

1) This is a way for the brain to cope with a tramatic exp.

2) Its just something that happens.

3) Seeing God, Jesus, Buddha, or whoever.

4) Its demons. (Altho I dont really understand this one actually. Alot of people who have NDE's usually come out of it with a better outlook on life, and don't fear death.)

I would think that a common sense explanation for a Near Death Experience would be that the person is clinically dead; but their brain is not. Just because your heart stops beating at any certain moment does not mean the brain dies. It will die eventually if the heart does not start beating though, but not immediately. This certainly could explain an NDE.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

Look guys, there has never been and there will never be anything paranormal outside of human imagination. Why don't we all accept this little fact and get on with our lifes?

Because my experiences tell me a other story!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join