It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does a person avoid hell?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sorry I know there has been relative topics but to the point. If a person isn't familiar with religions or bibles and may have sinned in the past. How do they get forgiveness from God? I imagine all religions are the same but if not please post...

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Just don't believe in it and you will avoid it. It's that simple. I don't think you'll really have anything to worry about. Just live your life and enjoy it without worrying about such things.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
In Christianity forgiveness is found in Jesus Christ. He became sin so that the wrath of God could be poured out on Him and sin could be punished. By believeing and placing your faith in Christ's substitutionary death for your sin's you are forgiven. You will no longer have to face the death penalty for your sin, the payment has been taken care of by Christ.

I can't say all others but most others have a system of works that are done to try to earn salvation. Even some denominations that claim to be Christian are works based.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Always listen to your wife.

Don't come home late.

Do not have lipstick on your collar .......unless it's your wifes

Seriously though if you spend all your time contemplating and fearing the afterlife you will miss out on the here and now.

Live by you laws that you have chosen to follow and enjoy your life.

Although I would be interested to know what the Christian view is of the fate of those cultures who never received the benefit the the Christian law.

Are all those that came before JC doomed to hell?

Will you change your views if when you meet your maker he tells to chill?

[edit on 6-11-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
"The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in
it. Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in
it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't."
-The Principia Discordia
The Honest Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Japike, those who have never heard the Gospel will be judged by their attempts to conduct their lives as God engineered them to do, and how they searched for Him.

I See You, deounce the Laws of Gravity and then jump from a cliff. Maybe ignoring reality will change it, but I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
*sighs* Japike, what did you do?

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thomas Crowne
Were we speaking about avoiding hell or gravity? I'm quite sure if you read the title that the question I asked will be answered for you. The reality is that their is no reality of hell or do you think that you know otherwise?

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
Sorry I know there has been relative topics but to the point. If a person isn't familiar with religions or bibles and may have sinned in the past. How do they get forgiveness from God? I imagine all religions are the same but if not please post...

japike, you've been asking a lot of these types of questions. What do you hope to get from them? Answers from a bunch of Bible thumpers? Answers from a bunch of Bible scoffers such as myself?

Find your own answers. Ask yourself why you should care or believe what religions and bibles have to say about life. What is your basis for even thinking there might be truth in such things?

Is it just because they are old? The Egyptian book of the dead (not really a book btw) is much older, as are the Indian vedas.

Is it because they are popular? So is Brittany Spears, why don't you ask her instead.

Is it because you were brought up that way? Just because your parents or society were unquestioning doesn't mean you must be.

You seem to be seeking without knowing what you are looking for. U2U me if you like.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yes I just don't know where to look anymore.

I have been reading some of the bible some kabbalag some gnostics and everything in between. I have prayed I have seen odd things and have had premonititions and it all doesn't make sense. I am having a very hard time coming up with an answer...

I have been told God talks to you in dreams etc than I see people see demons talk to you in dreams and various ways so I am at the point where my head is gonna explode. My goal from this? I don't know I guess truth a complete truth of what is right and what is wrong. An honest truth.

Death and sin of course are natural fears of mine that have been on my mind a lot in recent times. I have always felt guilt about things I have done as a teenager and I always fear death as if it will be going to sleep and thats it. I try to have faith yet I am left in a point of confusion with weird answers and more questions.

There is obvious something maybe if it is just me going crazy it would be better than nothing, yet I fear I am not going crazy. On top of the many dreams and preomonititions I have seen something that has been overwhelming it has happened three times it was a brillant glwoing light in the sky like nothing I have ever seen and I feel like I want to go to it yet something is holding me back and I don't know what. I guess I don't know if it is evil or good. Maybe I have the power to choose what it is. Anyway I am not big into aliens and UFOs but I said before my prmonitition on UFO=evil but than I see this light thing and I wonder if its an angel or God or something or at least thats what I really want it to be. The last time I seen something like this was when I was a kid back in Connecticut it was just an amazing glowing light floating very close to the ground. The last time I saw it was tonight when I was in deep thought driving down the road. It was very close to the ground above the GM tech center and it was so close to the ground it was unreal and than it vanished behind a building and I could not get to it. The last two times I saw it I felt strange feelings and confusion. I don't know...this is me what do you think?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I See You, you comprehend what I am saying. Ignore wither and your fate will change nary a bit because of your ignorance.

Yes, by the way, I do know.

Now, if you have no belief in this, if you do not know a thing about the religion, leave it alone. If there are any questions about the lack of belief, we will most certainly start a thread and ask you to answer our questions.

We will even see you as the FSME!

Edited because I am the world's worst keyboard-pounder, and I never catch my typos until I hit the "Enter" button.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
From my point of view, go with what you think is right. Don't let someone tell you what is right or wrong, deep down we all know what is right.
Wether you choose to believe in them as angels, demons, aliens or something else. The truth is out there.
So just sit back, relax and enjoy what life throws at you.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I imagine all religions are the same

Japike,

i have read another topic i believe you were involved in, very similar....
all religions are not the same... all religions do not have the same views about the afterlife, not all religions respect or accept the Bible, and certainly all don't worship God. i must assume you are referring to the God of abraham and the Bible, since you mention these and 'hell'...

In order to obtain forgiveness from God of the Bible, a sacrifice was required to atone for sin. today believers in Christ don't make an offering of a lamb or ram or goat, because the sacrifice of his own life (ever wonder why he was referred to as the 'Lamb of God'?) was sufficient to appease God's desire for anyone who will stand in His presence to be Holy and Righteous.

read romans 3:23-26 .... or hebrews 7:25-27.... or 2 corinthians 17-19 ..... because of the blood of Christ, God will not impute sin to those that believe on Him. ephesians 1:7-8 "in Him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence..."

i've tried to keep it as simple and uncomplicated as possible. belief and acceptance of Jesus (Yeshua, Messiah) is the only requirement for receiving His free gift of grace according to the Bible. now there are finer points of how one should conduct themselves afterward, for growth, discernment and recognizing how God moves and works in the lives of believers, but the intitial step is to receive Him (accept the free gift, be born again)

the issue of 'hell' is a tricky one, it causes some to ask questions and seek answers because they fear it- others will denounce the faith because they cannot understand how a loving God could have created a place where souls may be tormented or would suffer. i won't even begin to go that direction- your topic is 'how does a person avoid hell', this insinuates that you know perfectly well what it is, you accept the fact that certain behaviors may end you up there, and are asking so that you could avoid those actions or behaviors. the decision is entirely yours, mankind is given 'free will', which means God will not force you to believe or choose the path of righteousness. don't allow the concept of 'hell' to become a stumbling block for you, if you are a believer you need not fear that 'hell' is your final destination...

~amithyzt

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hi there, japike,

Thomas Crowne is correct about Jesus Christ. We have all sinned and therefore we all deserve to go to Hell, God knew this so He sent His Son to die in our place as a sacrifice so that we could be with Him in Heaven if we only trust in Him for Eternal life.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Not all religions are the same. Jesus said that he was the only way.

John 14:6 “Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

Just don't believe in it and you will avoid it. It's that simple. I don't think you'll really have anything to worry about. Just live your life and enjoy it without worrying about such things.

You can stand on the freeway and say “I don’t believe in trucks.” But sooner or later, one will come along and hit you!

Read the Bible for yourself, and ask God to show you the Truth. The best place to start is the New Testament.
If you don't have a Bible, there is one online that you can read
www.biblegateway.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.biblegateway.com...
Sincerely, Just me 2

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Let's try that link again!
www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It just occurred to me that you may not know anything about the Bible, so I thought I'd better give you a better place to start.

www.biblegateway.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.biblegateway.com... rsion=31

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Sorry I know there has been relative topics but to the point. If a person isn't familiar with religions or bibles and may have sinned in the past. How do they get forgiveness from God?

Forgiveness is achieved through the law of Karma. Christ can help you pay off your Karma, but only if your intent is sincere.

Hell is not a place, but a state of mind. If you are not in the here and now, and are identified with an ego, you are in hell. Hell exists in the infradimensions.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Aliens? Jesus? Infradimensions? ..how complicated we've made things trying to explain that which makes no sense.

There's no hell bud, so don't sweat it.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
Aliens? Jesus? Infradimensions? ..how complicated we've made things trying to explain that which makes no sense.

I never mentioned aliens or Jesus.

It is only logical that there will be varying ways of conceptualizing ideas which cannnot be perceived objectively by everyone.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
TC: You probably think that you "do" know considering you think you know everything else. But that's just your nature I guess. How is it ignorance not to believe? It is just as ignorant to believe in such. When you can comprehend that such things may not exist then you will be on your way of denying gnorance not just adding to it.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by I See You]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join