It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ark of the Covenant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I would like to know if this is for real! pls help me to clarify this topic.
thank you.

exodus2006.com...

-relop

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
That church in Ethiopia claims to have the Ark, but it's not widely believed by Jewish and Christian scholors that they possess the true Ark.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Some of the information is correct and some isn't (those aren't Seraphim on the tomb of Tut. That's Isis.) As Djohnsto77 says, the location has long been known but the Ark hasn't been brouht out and shown within recorded history.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
i got as far as "in a book by graham hancock"....thats all i needed to see to decide its crap.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This man is "suppose" to be guarding the ark?

Let's get him!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1

from what i've led to understand,
these are men who act at caretakers or custodians for the relic/ArK

they are, more-or-less, the last restraint...
which is more a humanitarian gesture than an effective security force...

because, as legend has it,,,the ArK actually protects itself,
intruders or interlopers are said to get Zapped Dead... by energy,

whether that energy is electricity, or plazma, or something supernatural...
i'm not willing to test the ArK to find out!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by DodgeG1

from what i've led to understand,
these are men who act at caretakers or custodians for the relic/ArK

they are, more-or-less, the last restraint...
which is more a humanitarian gesture than an effective security force...

because, as legend has it,,,the ArK actually protects itself,
intruders or interlopers are said to get Zapped Dead... by energy,

whether that energy is electricity, or plazma, or something supernatural...
i'm not willing to test the ArK to find out!

Just imagine if a millionaire decides to assemble a force of israeli commandos to storm the building. shoot some guards. This would work if the commandos had the last name Levi.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94

Just imagine if a millionaire decides to assemble a force of israeli commandos to storm the building. shoot some guards. This would work if the commandos had the last name Levi.

"Vonce again, Toctor Chones; ve see zair ist nossink you can possess. Hvitch I cannot take avay from you. . . ."

I just hope someone films that, so we get to watch them all melt.

*Do I get a prize for first "Indy" reference?*

Levites got smoked for touching it, too. You'd need to be consecrated with the blood of a lamb sprinkled on yer head, thumb and big toe. You'd also need a lambskin (emblem of innocence) to touch the Ark with. ANYBODY touching the Ark barehanded gets smoked, even if their last name is Aaronson.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Its the latest and greatest reality show brought to you by FOX!

5 men and 3 women battle for the greatest prize known to mankind!
ETERNAL LIFE

But, the price of that prize may be paid with YOUR life!

"If something sacred can be turned into a circus, it must be FOX!"

Fridays at 9/8 Central, check your local listings!

[edit on 9-11-2005 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

"Vonce again, Toctor Chones; ve see zair ist nossink you can possess. Hvitch I cannot take avay from you. . . ."

I just hope someone films that, so we get to watch them all melt.

*Do I get a prize for first "Indy" reference?*

Levites got smoked for touching it, too. You'd need to be consecrated with the blood of a lamb sprinkled on yer head, thumb and big toe. You'd also need a lambskin (emblem of innocence) to touch the Ark with. ANYBODY touching the Ark barehanded gets smoked, even if their last name is Aaronson.

You mean the ashes of the red heifer. if the ethiopeans had it would have been long gone by now. Crusaders and knights templars would have raided that place centuries ago.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
OK guys try this sight on for size:
www.vendyljones.org.il

This dude has been able to find 2 relics from the holy temple and his sights are set on the Ark. He claims it to be in the Judean desert 25km from Jerusalem.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There is suppose to be a replica of the ark in every Ethiopia church (called a tabot). There is no real evidence that this church is any different then all the others.

The evidence that the true Ark is in that church is entirely dependant upon the claims of sightings by someone of unknown honesty. Really how could anyone tell the difference between a replica and the original by just looking at it.

By their own claims nobody touches it (as its reported to kill people) so how did they open it to make sure it contained the broken tablets of the 10 comandments? Wouldnt anyone that did touch it be dead? Dead men tell no tales

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is the best link I've found concerning the Ark. Good luck.

www.newadvent.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

You mean the ashes of the red heifer. if the ethiopeans had it would have been long gone by now. Crusaders and knights templars would have raided that place centuries ago.

No, I don't.

You only need the ashes to consecrate the altar of burnt offerings. That is only needed if you're planning to re-institute animal sacrifice on Mt. Moriah.

To touch it, you need to be consecrated a priest in Israel. You need your little hat shaped like a kaiser roll, a breastplate with the 12 stones of the 12 tribes, an apron called an Ephod, a special blue robe and a white underobe. You then have to be sort of ordained, and sprinkled with the lamb's blood. Since the lamb isn't directly a sacrifice to the Lord, you wouldn't need the altar for that; and even if it were, the patriarchs offered acceptable sacrifices on high places (bamot) around the Middle East, before they had the altar. You'd only need the ashes if you're rebuilding the whole temple.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
There were TWO Arks.

After Moses came down from the mount he smashed the Tablets God had inscribed with the Ten Commandments.

Later Moses crafted a second set himself.

The pieces of the divine tablets were placed in the golden Ark, and the copy was placed in a wooden ark.

I don't have time to find it for you, but years ago I saw a picture of the Ethiopians carrying the Ark in some sort of parade with a cover over it.

What was there seemed to be much to flat to be the Golden Ark that had the power of God.

If they have an Ark it is likely the wooden one that has long since decayed.

The Babylonian Talmud says that the Golden Ark is buried under the Temple Mount.

Other legends have it being moved across Europe after the Babylonian Empire invaded Israel, and finally arriving in Scotland more than a thousand ago.

When Edward Longshanks invaded Scotland the Ark, along with the REAL Stone of destiny was hidden Away by the Great Marischal[Kings Marshall].

I can't prove it, but on my honor in a book written by hand 300 years ago by my ancestors claimed to be hiding it waiting for the day the Jacobite King retakes the CROWN.

I am a direct male bloodline decendant of James Keith[His life story is maybe the most amazing ever recorded] who would have been the rightful Great Marischal if he were not exiled along with young King James VII[The Pretender] at the end of the 17th century.

Michael Malichai Alan Keith

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
The Babylonian Talmud says that the Golden Ark is buried under the Temple Mount.

Some people have suggested that this is exactly what the Knights Templar found when they occupied the Temple. What turned a small group of knights into some of the most powerful people in Europe, and why many important people like Count Hughes gave up all thier worldly wealth and travelled to Jerusalem to join the Templars under their Grand Master.

Evidence suggest they gained possession of something of immense religious importance to make people do this and to be treated the way they were when they returned home.

Ark, True Cross, Heretical Scrolls theres many theories

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

In "The Truth about The Ark of The Covenant", false claims, that The Ark was taken to Ethiopia during the time of Solomon and Menelik, are shown to be false. The Bible itself states that The Ark was still in Jerusalem c. 400 years after the time of Solomon and Menelik.

The Knights Templar also claim to possess The Ark, in Rosslyn Chapel, Scotland. In the movie we are shown that the Templars went to Ethiopia to search for The Ark, after first searching for it in Jerusalem. They did not find it there either, because the Ethiopian claim is untrue, as is proved by The Bible. If they found it in Jerusalem, as they falsely claim today, why did they then go to Ethiopia to look for it?

Finally the movie shows how Jeremiah the Bible Prophet was commissioned by God, to remove The Ark to a place of safety, and by watching the film you will find out the details, carved in stone, showing that he took it to Inis Fail (the Isle of Destiny) - Ireland.

Continued....

Of course the Stone of Destiny was later transfered to Scotland, but there after the only mentions of the ARK are in esoteric books long out of Print.

If the Ark was moved to Scotland it would have been under the Protection of the Great Marischal, Guardian of the Scotish Crown Jewels, and other coronation artifacts.

The Keith Clan has held the title for over 995 years, but has not ever openly said a single word about it.

As pointed out above great power comes to those that possess the Ark, and what nation was more powerful than the British empire?

Is this because they are a great people, or is it because the Kings right hand man had the Ark and used it to project their power around the world?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

As pointed out above great power comes to those that possess the Ark, and what nation was more powerful than the British empire?

Good point

If Ethiopia really has it then it must be broken

Ethiopia isnt exactly the best off country in the world

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So do you think when the moks tried to open it thier eyss melted out and and lightning bolts ran through thier chest?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So do you think when the moks tried to open it thier eyss melted out and and lightning bolts ran through thier chest?

You watch too many movies, but you are close to the truth.

When the head temple priest would go into the inner chamber of the Temple Of Israel once a year to listen to what Shock-n-awe had to say through the Ark the priests would tie a rope around his leg so that if he was struck down they could drag him out rather than risk going in themselves to recover the body.

new topics

top topics

join