It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush didn't lie. He was listening to Dems.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
In terms of the abstract value that people of stature lend to such academic development initiatives, I agree, there is value.
But my point on that school visit was to illustrate that was not the case in the first part, and on the second part to focus an often overlooked fact surrounding the 9/11 mythology - that during that visit, the reaction was one of acknowledgement to known events occuring - not surprise and agitation , as would be expected by all parties.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Most of the comments in this thread are a perfect example of the typical liberal reaction. When confronted with the facts they lash out with inflamatory personal attacks. If Saddam was such a fine upstanding citizen why don't you lefties step up and call out for his release and return to power....What no takers? lol... Great post Carseller4!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMedic
Most of the comments in this thread are a perfect example of the typical liberal reaction.

Perfect example of the left over Bush supporters that try to hold to anything they can find to still support the fiasco of the Bush administration.

Very sad indeed.

When confronted with the facts they lash out with inflamatory personal attacks.

The facts about the Bush administration is already in the minds of about everybody else but the still clinging few.

If Saddam was such a fine upstanding citizen why don't you lefties step up and call out for his release and return to power....What no takers? lol... Great post Carseller4!

Saddam was a treat to his own people and to the oil barons in the US, is already clear and factual that the invasion of Iraq was the goal of Vice president Cheney and his entourage of cronies for profits.

Sometimes it seems like such a waste of time trying to show what political parties are doing in the pursue of goals to benefit their kind, political party supporters and die hard followers are cripple by the conditioning of the mind trough years of drilling that all it counts is the ideologies even if the candidates sucks while bringing down the nation with them.

Our nation two main party elite have nothing to fear is plenty of party ideologies followers that will do anything they are ask for, even giving away their own soul so they can remain in power.

What a pity.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Perfect example of the left over Bush supporters that try to hold to anything they can find to still support the fiasco of the Bush administration.

Very sad indeed.

Again, the facts not opinions.

Saddam was a treat to his own people and to the oil barons in the US, is already clear and factual that the invasion of Iraq was the goal of Vice president Cheney and his entourage of cronies for profits.

First, try to tell the people in one of the small villages in northern Iraq that Saddam was a treat...their gene pool is so devasted due to Saddam's attempt at genocide they will be severely deformed and debilatated for eons...

The facts are the left will do anything they can to twist, ignore, or just out right lie about the facts...that what this whole thread is about!

You can't win the hearts and minds of people without a clear cut agenda to stand for. Name calling and back stabbing doen't win elections. The fact is the American people don't approve of the job or the direction the left has for America either!

[edit on 11/7/2005 by MrMedic]

[edit on 11/7/2005 by MrMedic]
mod edit to fix quote code

[edit on 7-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

You can't win the hearts and minds of people without a clear cut agenda to stand for. Name calling and back stabbing doen't win elections. The fact is the American people don't approve of the job or the direction the left has for America either!

I guess Bush administration has done a good job winning your hart and soul, and as for Iraq, let talk about the sanctions that kill many also, let's talk about the years that US turned the other side to the Brutal regime.

Even Bush senior was smarted that junior when it came to knowing the mess that Iraq would turn taking away their brutal leader.

Funny that liberation in Iraq has prove to be more toxic and a dangerous killer than Saddam ever be.

Wake up and smell the real work we live in.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I guess Bush administration has done a good job winning your hart and soul, and as for Iraq, let talk about the sanctions that kill many

Oil for Food...heard of it? This program was put in place so that the sanctions wouldn't "kill many". But, unfortunately Mr. Hussein saw it fit to illegally pad his own pocket and the pockets of several other people who had a say in whether or not sanction were lifted and/or an invasion took place to enforce the agreements he was ignoring. I guess that's Americas fault though.

Originally posted by Bout Time
In terms of the abstract value that people of stature lend to such academic development initiatives, I agree, there is value.
But my point on that school visit was to illustrate that was not the case in the first part, and on the second part to focus an often overlooked fact surrounding the 9/11 mythology - that during that visit, the reaction was one of acknowledgement to known events occuring - not surprise and agitation , as would be expected by all parties.

Well, I'm glad we agree on something

I disagree with your interpretation of Bush's actions. I myself often, when faced with surprising bad news, withdrawl for a few minutes and try to calmly consider what has happened and how to act upon the news. This has earned me a reputation at work for being very steady and level-headed during crisis. You can tell upon watching the film that Bush's mind is not on the book reading, I believe this is what was going on.

This is a fundamental difference between you and I. You look at Bush's actions on that fateful day and jump to the conclusion not only that something fishy is going on, but that he's involved. I don't get it. It's very serious to accuse a man of treason, doing so with zero evidence to support your cause is ludicrous.

My apologies for the misquote, that was FullMetal of course. I would fix it, but my edit button is gone.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by rhelt100]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
And there threads on it that we can join or start to finish this tangent, but that is why I'm so critical - I have been in leadership roles and his reaction is exactly what's so suspect. First, the subordinate = no agitation. Second, he's not evaluating options or even scaling the proper focus on the immediate issue, as leaders are required to do. If there are bees on your back porch and a fire on the front porch, which do you attend to first in saving the kids?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Funny that liberation in Iraq has prove to be more toxic and a dangerous killer than Saddam ever be.

I agree with you there. Since we "liberated" Iraq, it's been nothing but chaos and destruction over there.

I don't think Saddam was cuddly, though. I wonder if maybe a) he's not quite the monster he's made out to be or b) he is the monster, but our government didn't mind so long as he'd play ball.

And what does that tell you about our government?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Saddam was a pathological serial killer. From the time he was a small boy his father made him kill to prove his allegiance and manliness. As Saddam grew up he commissioned his brothers to go into the prisons that held Saddam's dissenters and muder them under duress they would be killed themselves if they did not comply. The opinion you people hold that more are dying now is an opinion that is formed by watching the mainstream press.

Wake Up!

You guys are more intelligent than average folk...read between the lines the media wants to impose on you.

I have a close friend fighting in Iraq right now and he says we would not believe the positive attitude of the Iraqi people! They are signing up in droves to fight to protect their new found freedom.

No longer are they terrorized by a brutal regime. I watched a segment on the people of Iraq and one man desribed the most horrendous torture I have ever heard of. After beating him for days while hanging from shackles from the ceiling, they proceeded to shove some type of black hose into his rectum and then ripped his rectum right out. If that wasn't enough they found his family and brought them to the torture room. His wife was repeatedly raped if front of him and then finally they threw his infant child against the wall smashing his brains everywhere.

You can't tell me what is happening right now is more toxic and chaotic then this, one of many examples of Saddam's evil brutality.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I have a close friend fighting in Iraq right now and he says we would not believe the positive attitude of the Iraqi people! They are signing up in droves to fight to protect their new found freedom.

I am the wife of a retire marine and we live and he works in a military base with many friends that are in Iraq now and two very well know that die also. So don't even think that I am no aware of Bush War on Terror and what is doing to military families in my neck of the woods.

No longer are they terrorized by a brutal regime.

No . . . they no longer are terrorized by Saddam they have now insurgents and foreign fighters to do that for them along with the US troops assaults.

Even when the troops are not directly targeting civilians, casualties of The war for liberation is killing them.

Occurs the open borders after invasion is already forgotten to justify the death and chaos.

After beating him for days while hanging from shackles from the ceiling, they proceeded to shove some type of black hose into his rectum and then ripped his rectum right out. If that wasn't enough they found his family and brought them to the torture room. His wife was repeatedly raped if front of him and then finally they threw his infant child against the wall smashing his brains everywhere.

Are you sure you were not watching Abu Ghraib reports of torture? it sounds very familiar you know.

Saddam was a dictator and Bush called him brutal and murderous, but he was their kind and he was their own blood.

Now is plenty of foreigners along with our troops causing harm to the people that we were supposed to liberate.

When The Bush administration decided to turn Iraq into a battler field for his Christian crusade against the Radical muslin, now known as War on terror

So much respect for the people of a country that did not do any harm to any of us.

Or you forgot The reasons for invading Iraq. I remember it was . . . Liberation

[edit on 8-11-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
@ Marge

Go back to the initial post, and read the quotes from prominent Democrats. Not a single one mentions "liberation". Every one mentions some kind of threat from Iraq.

Hussein had several opportunities and 17 UN resolutions in which he refused to comply with.

Forget the USA, he laughed at the United Nations. It took the USA to say enough is enough, and finally force Iraq to comply. If it wasn't for that we could be on the 50th UN resoltion. Iraq would be a breeding ground for terrorists and the USA surely would have been attacked again.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
@ Marge

Go back to the initial post, and read the quotes from prominent Democrats. Not a single one mentions "liberation". Every one mentions some kind of threat from Iraq.

Yes sometimes threads take different avenues, but not to fear I am done here is nothinb more to add, thanks for such a good thread.

By the Way liberation was Bushes Idea funny how easily forgotten. . . .

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Saddam and Bush are both sadistic serial killers when you get down to it. Bush is sacrificing our troops for his stupid crusade. As a child, Bush was known to stick firecrackers in frogs and blow them up.

And besides our dead troops, let's not forget the number of innocent Iraqis that are dead. I think we did more in two years than Saddam did his entire time in power!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The truth is everyone in a position of power has had a hand in one way or another in this lame attempt to destroy the world. Republicans, Democrats, Shadow government, John Kerry, Pat Robertson, the pope.

You name it.

Read all about it: The Dark Sucker Theory

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

The Repubs falsely berate the left for "expecting" the government to take care of them etc. But when they are faced with the consequences of their own actions, they ALWAYS attempt to pass the blame to someone else.

Grow up.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
With the discovery of WMD's it turns out Bush was right, and the Democrats where also right. Wonder if the Dems will jump back to their original position now? Nah....doubt it...too much invested in the hating Bush thing.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
That's not the second time I've heard this about WMD. Did they really find them? Can I please get a link or something, because I really want to know more about this.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
really, what does clinton have to do with it?
Did clinton give the go ahead orders to invade iraq?
Did clinton send thoulsands of troops to die in iraq?
Betwen saying and doing there is a lot of difference, bush acted , he gave the go ahead, it's bush fault and no one else, commander&chief&a but monkey

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
really, what does clinton have to do with it?
Did clinton give the go ahead orders to invade iraq?
Did clinton send thoulsands of troops to die in iraq?
Betwen saying and doing there is a lot of difference, bush acted , he gave the go ahead, it's bush fault and no one else, commander&chief&a but monkey

Clinton did nothing! That was the problem! Sadamm kicked out UN Inspectors in 1998 and Clinton did nothing.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I can't handle this thread anymore!! The OP isn't answering any questions other than refering to his quotes which makes it hard to have a real debate. But, if you love Bush so much and are will to blame everything on Clinton. Then why stop there you think BUsh Sr. did anything to stop suddam? Take your research back further than 1998. They are all work together beileve it or not. I'm in Canada and all of us see it. The only difference I see between Clinton and Bush. Clinton was/is slick good speaker and even if you don't want to listen you probably do cause you can. Junior on the other hand is like the teacher kid in class: nobody knows how he passes and when he speaks we listen because we have too and we make fun of how stupid it was at lunch.

See Junior is not a leader he makes the western world look dumb.
I don't care who anyone votes for as long as there is a leader in office that people can get behind. Bush is not that man and becasue the Rep. put him in it makes them look bad too.

So I'm sorry if the REP get mad at this but if your are mad be mad at them for giving you a bum leader and hope they fix there mistake for the next election!

[edit on 24-6-2006 by SpinDropSmile]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join