It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overnight tornado kills in Indiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Imagine being sound asleep at 2 am and having a tornado rip through you county. Listen and heed the warnings people. Hope the loss doesn't go any higher but major damage also seems to have been done.

www.cnn.com...

Tornado kills 7 in Indiana mobile home park.
A dispatcher for the Vanderburgh County Sheriff's Office confirmed the fatalities and she said officials were planning to activate the National Guard to assist with the disaster.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
What I hear it was not expected. It was a surprize.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I live a couple of ours from thair aand we had thunderstorms last night and that is pretty strange for nov.does anybody know what the temp was thair?I thought a tornato could not form below 70 degres.it has been warm latly for this time of year but I dont think that warm.

it looks like it was a pretty big one I wish the best for them.

[edit on 6-11-2005 by slayerfan]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Yesterday the high was 71, very unseasonably warm. I'm in Indy and we had thunderstorms with strong wind gust up to 60 mph. I had the window open cause the breeze last night was really warm--when I went to bed it was like 66 degrees. Seems like all of a sudden it got cold. I had to get up and close the window I thought the tree outside was going to come in. The temp has dropped, now we are at 55 degrees.

I didn't know anyone had died though...very sad and very unexpected.

[edit on 6-11-2005 by Saphronia]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
We had bad thunderstorms last night here in Chicago also. That is really rare but higher temps in November seem to be a reoccurring thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Updated to 11 confirmed dead.

Tornado kills 11 in Indiana
www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- An overnight tornado killed at least 11 people and injured 160 others in southwestern Indiana, officials said Sunday.

new topics

top topics

join