It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 greatest horror movie performances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Good to see Stephen King having more then a few characters up on the list.

www.retrocrush.com...

Sex Machine from Dusk til Dawn will always be a favourite of mine along with the veitnam vet when he starts on his Nam story.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yeah, the Viet Nam vet. Fred "The Hammer" Williamson, former DB of the KC Chiefs. Also did some chop sockey movies.

I always thought Vincent Price's Dr Phibes movies were a great example of horror acting. Theatre of Blood gets all the acclaim, but I just don't particularly care for the movie. But Vinnie was great in any role.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A couple of film series missing here. The Subspecies series, very spooky and The Dr. Phibes films.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ohh yeah. The Dr Phibes films. Why didn't I think of that?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
How do you put Linda Blair at #10 and Boris Karloff #1? Blair should be #1 in a runaway. I wouldn't even put Karloff's Frankenstein in the top 100.

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Okay, Doctor. You're half right. I'll agree about Linda Blair. A physically and psycologically demanding and phenomenal performance for anyone of any age, but unbelievably brilliant for a child.

Karloff's Frankenstein's monster was a seminal performance that provided the benchmark for all horror films to come. He belongs.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Anders Hove as Radu from the Subspecies series

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Jamie Lee Curtis is still living off of her performance in Halloween. That movie ushered in a new kind of thriller, and her performance created a new kind of victim/heroine.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Jamie Lee Curtis is still living off of her performance in Halloween. That movie ushered in a new kind of thriller, and her performance created a new kind of victim/heroine.

Good point, Rose McGowan from Scream:

I'm hearing her on my TV 7 nights a week in Charmed.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ok you wanna talk victim/heroine, I'm going with Adrienne Barbeau (Escape from New York, The Fog...) because of her obvious acting ability.

top topics

join