It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI - Using the Patriot Act in Connecticut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
MSNBC Link to Article

Here's an Excerp:

The FBI came calling in Windsor, Conn., this summer with a document marked for delivery by hand. On Matianuk Avenue, across from the tennis courts, two special agents found their man. They gave George Christian the letter, which warned him to tell no one, ever, what it said.

Under the shield and stars of the FBI crest, the letter directed Christian to surrender "all subscriber information, billing information and access logs of any person" who used a specific computer at a library branch some distance away.

Very disturbing stuff here in my opinion. I say let the article speak for itself.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
And combine this blatant attack on the Fourth Amendment with their very broad definition of "terrorist...." :shk:

I can't see how people can actually support the Treason Act (what I call it).

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Personally, I cant see why now that they have supported it, why it is that they continue to support it. You're absolutely right Amethyst it is a VERY BLATANT attack on individual rights, yet most seem to think everything is just fine in the good ole US.

It's encouraging that it has gotten some mainstream headlines, I will give the media that (as I have lost faith in them over the years), but the media cant do what the people STILL have the power to do. I hope we start to wake up some....

AB1

new topics

join