It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More atheists

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"

Because we are sinful humans and God despises sin so much so, that He won't even look at us without Christ's righteousness covering up our sins.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by just me 2
Because we are sinful humans and God despises sin so much so, that He won't even look at us without Christ's righteousness covering up our sins.

God is little stuck-up for being so loving, eh?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I don't know if you have any children or not, but think of it this way.

If your child committed such a heinous crime, yes, you would still love him/her, but the act of the crime was so dispicable that you wanted to disown him/her. He/she was tried, convicted and sentenced to life in prisonment without parole.

But your love for your child was so great that you would do anything to get him/her out. That is what God's love for us is like.
He sacrificed His Son so that we could get out of jail.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

As I have stated in previous threads, I know that God exists

Why does it bother you, then, that some know that he doesn't? Why do you care?

I care because I don't want you to go to Hell.

You didn't answer my last question, I don't know why I expect you to answer this one...

I'm very sorry, it was not intentional. I am on several threads and I'm having a hard time keeping up with them all. I probably just missed that particular post. What was your first question? I'll do my best to answer you.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

That makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

That makes no sense whatsoever.

It makes no sense to one who can not percieve the jail.

It must have made sense to the one who made the statement, therefore it must make some sense to at least one someone. So, it does make some sense.

I've adopted some of your logic, and an understanding for your passions as I interpret them based upon both the rhetoric you choose, and my perceptions. No, I request something of you.

Please, for your benefit and ours, try not to disregard entirely the contributions made by the members of ATS. For, there must be at the very least a fraction of truth in their statements, even if it be within their own mind. Disagreement is more than welcome, but disagreement is sort of watered down, and lessened by the lack of understanding and reverence for the opinions of others. I find it best not to totally disregard absurdities, but to make some attempt to learn something, even if it is to learn I disagree.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
It makes no sense to one who can not percieve the jail.

I seriously doubt those who make such claims about sacrifices have actually thought them through enough to know whether they make sense.

The concept of 3rd party sacrifice makes sense if your vision of god is that he is irrational.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

If your child committed such a heinous crime, yes, you would still love him/her, but the act of the crime was so dispicable that you wanted to disown him/her. He/she was tried, convicted and sentenced to life in prisonment without parole.

But your love for your child was so great that you would do anything to get him/her out. That is what God's love for us is like.

I cannot sanely imagine how something this humanly asinine could represent, to any rational person, whatever intelligence designed this incredibly sophisticated and elegant universe. Hopefully, when the Christian Mythology follows suit to the Roman and Greek mythologies that came before it, something at least half decent will come along in its place. Your "God" sounds way too human, and on top of that, western in thought, for my liking. I'm surprised there are no scriptures about God sitting on the can, reading the morning paper.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
I'm surprised there are no scriptures about God sitting on the can, reading the morning paper.

.... Or God's puberty / teenage years.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
People are going to either follow God or Follow satan. ...... .... . .. any comments?

Are these the only two options?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I am speculating that in the actual last of the end times that there will be no more atheists. People are going to either follow God or Follow satan.

This has already happened. You follow one or the other.

[edit on 16/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

I am speculating that in the actual last of the end times that there will be no more atheists. People are going to either follow God or Follow satan.

This has alrady happened. You follow one or the other.

Sure...you could follow either one to extremes...or you could kinda play a good deed off against some sinning. Like...i wanna go to that wild party on Friday night and 'get it on', so, if I see any old ladies going to cross the street, then I'll help them.

Of course, there's that old idea of 'indulgences'. Too bad they did away with them, because that would come in handy. Buying away your sins by giving the church money sounds so practical.

Anyways...show me someone who is either fully sinless or totally sinful and I'll show you an ideal, not reality.

$001.72 US

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
masqua,

Nice Signature.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
masqua,

Nice Signature.

Thanks, Esoteric Teacher...I picked this particular quote especially for ATS. I thought it quite apt when applied to conspiracy. As much as I admire St Augustine for his thinking, he did lay some eggs, didn't he?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The atheists on this thread are sounding a little fanatical about their "faith" to me.

Why are they so stubournly refusing to concider what would happen if a vast increase in knowledge leads to science logicaly proving that atheistic beliefs were based on the lack of knowledge and understanding of things as yet to be "discovered" by the logical men of science they currently put so much faith in?

When a MAN and his "spiritual" sponser tell the world they have the answers to the worlds woes and "prove" with science/signs, obeying their is the only hope of "salvation" for the world, will you believe and obey those MEN or remember the scriptual warnings and choose to believe them?

[edit on 16-11-2005 by suzy ryan]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
Why are they so stubournly refusing to concider what would happen if a vast increase in knowledge leads to science logicaly proving that atheistic beliefs were based on the lack of knowledge and understanding of things as yet to be "discovered" by the logical men of science they currently put so much faith in?

It's fun to talk about hypotheticals of course, but let's not confuse speculation with knowledge in the process.

Originally posted by suzy ryan
When a MAN and his "spiritual" sponser tell the world they have the answers to the worlds woes and "prove" with science/signs, obeying their is the only hope of "salvation" for the world, will you believe and obey those MEN or remember the scriptual warnings and choose to believe them?

Neither probably. I would not be able to get past the claim that they have an answer for the worlds woes. Countless such claims have been made in the past, yet the world still has woes.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join