It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More atheists

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
I am speculating that in the actual last of the end times that there will be no more atheists. People are going to either follow God or Follow satan. The message given by the antichrist and by elijah will be so compelling that you will have to follow one or the other. any comments?

What if there AREN'T any "end times"?

I'm serious. This is about the sixth time I've seen an "end times" panic in the past 20 years with everyone hopping on every little sign and saying "THIS IS IT! PREPARE TO BE RAPTURED!" and the rest of the world goes serenely on.

What if the Book of Revelation is, as the mainstream Christians believe, a screed against Nero and the Roman Empire (not the pope... the pagan Roman Empire) and is not a future prophecy?

What if it isn't a vision of this time or our future?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
There really is not alot of evidence in spiritual matters. Therfore I will use a logical progression to prove that there will be two men that the world will follow in the end times.

We will make two asssumptions for the sake of this thread will be true
a: God of the Bible exists
b: there will be a bad guy leader who will tempt mankind into following him

It doesn't matter how well reasoned the argument is if the premises are false. All you've done is set up the assumptions to result in the desired conclusion, when what you need to be doing is assessing the assumptions.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
All you've done is set up the assumptions to result in the desired conclusion, when what you need to be doing is assessing the assumptions.

Exactly. I could make a similar speculation that chickens will take over the Universe.

We of course make the assumptions that:

A. Chickens are highly intelligent
B Chickens have a desire to take over the Universe.

Now. Discuss...

There are many people (myself included) who do not follow a 'leader' or God of any sort. And regardless of what happens in the future of the world, it won't compel us to take up religion, whether it be of the God-type or the Satan-type. Or the chicken-type.

I believe in life after death, I'm very spiritual, but I don't believe in an external deity. So why would I, all of a sudden, need a leader to believe in? Why would I need to follow something?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Calling all athiests:
Athiests don't exist, and I can prove it!
I have 2 questions for you~

1. Exactly how many hairs are there on a Tibetan Yak?
2. Exactly how many fleas are there on my cat?

Thomas Edison once said, "We do not know one millionth of one percent about anything."

My point is that there are some things in the world that you don't know.

Of all the knowledge in the world, of the 99% of things that you have not yet come across, isn't it possible that there could be ample evidence to prove that the God of the Bible does in fact exist?

So in other words, an athiest says "There is no God." For that to be true, you would have to know absolutely EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING!

If you are a reasonable person, you would have to admit that you really don't know if there is a God or not. In other words, you are not an athiest, but an agnostic.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Omg, no, you're ALL way off!

You'd all better be saved by Doodooba, the Great Lord of the Universe, or, when the world ends, Doodooba will not protect you and you will be swallowed up by the evil Satoo. :shk:

As it is stated in the Holy Script:

Larry 2:8: You had all better be saved by Doodooba or Satoo's gonna get your soul when the world ends!

Please note that Larry 2:8 originally stated "You'd all better be saved by Doodooba or Satoo's gonna get ya when the world ends next Tuesday!," but when Tuesday came and went, it was decided that that part of the script didn't count anymore because more script had been written, and All-Knowing Doodooba had changed his mind by that time. Larry himself agreed with this conclusion here:

Larry 3:4: That part of the script doesn't count anymore because Great All-Knowing Lord Doodooba said he changed his mind on Monday.

But I digress...

It confounds me to see how many sinners there are on this board, every single day, and they will assuredly all go to Badplace when the world ends, where their wretched souls with reside with Satoo for all eternity. If you guys have any brains about you, you will immediately go down to your nearest Gathering Place and be saved by your local Righteous Man. The ceremony is brief and involves only an insertion of cotton deep into one's ears. We don't yet have all the usual psychological barriers to retain followers, so for the moment this must suffice.

And if any of you should doubt any of this, or want proof, I will gladly refer you right to the proof!:

Jimbo 1:1: This script is the transcribed Word of Doodooba and shall be acknowledged accordingly. It will never be wrong, as it is the Word of Doodooba.

OHhhhhhh WHAT NOW SINNERS? You didn't think I had any proof, did you? PAGANS!

All I can say is you better run down to your local Gathering Place pronto, because you know if the world ended right now (and who's to say it won't?!) you know you wouldn't be getting into Goodplace. :shk:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by just me 2
If you are a reasonable person, you would have to admit that you really don't know if there is a God or not.

So... Are you a reasonable person, then? Do you 'admit' that you don't know if there is a God or not?

Originally posted by bsbray11
You'd all better be saved by Doodooba, the Great Lord of the Universe, or, when the world ends, Doodooba will not protect you and you will be swallowed up by the evil Satoo. :shk:

All hail Satoo! Haven't you heard? Doodooba is just a distraction god.
Jees, some people will believe anything!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Calling all athiests:
Athiests don't exist, and I can prove it!
I have 2 questions for you~

1. Exactly how many hairs are there on a Tibetan Yak?
2. Exactly how many fleas are there on my cat?

It is not necessary to know everything to judge as nonsense someone else's claim. All that is necessary is to know that the person making the claim has no rational basis for making it.

I can reasonably judge god to be nonexistent based soley on the knowledge that you have no credible reason to even suggest such a being exists.

I can also analyze common definitions of god and find them inconsistent. Those gods do not exist by definition (which includes creator gods).

I can also analyze the history of religion and conclude that the very concept of gods comes from gazing at the sky.

Combined, these provide proof beyond reasonable doubt that gods do not exist. They do not provide proof beyond possible doubt, but that is an irrational standard.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There's End Times and there's Cleansings, like the 'Great Flood' or a really good cometary impact.
The difference between End Times and cleansings is biblical prophecy and any other type of prophecy. Where a Christian will think "Second Coming', a Mayan or Hopi will think 'World Ages' and their endings. Somewhere far into the distant past of prehistory lies the melding of all the reasons for the warnings.

That the End Times are associated with the Second Coming of the Christ is, to me, no different than the return of the Nefilim in the Sumerian legends or the coming of the 'New People' in the Seven Fires prophecy of the Anishinabeg.

The fact is, all the people of the world will be searching for meaning as the events of the destruction take place. A Christian will look to his or her bible and Christ, a Mayan will look to the return of Quatzelcoatl and I will be looking for the 'New People'. Zechariah Sitchin will be undoubtly be on the lookout for Ea.

After all, the last dance always goes to the one that brought you to the party.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It is not necessary to know everything to judge as nonsense someone else's claim. All that is necessary is to know that the person making the claim has no rational basis for making it.

As I have stated in previous threads, I know that God exists because many times I have prayed about a specific person or situation, and then (usually in less than 24 hours,) I will read something in the Bible that will completely apply to the person or situation in which I had just prayed about. That is one of the ways that God talks to people today is through His Word. This has happened too many times in my life for it to be merely just a coincidence. I also know many people who have experienced things like this as well.

I can also analyze common definitions of god and find them inconsistent. Those gods do not exist by definition (which includes creator gods).

Please define “definitions of god,” and what is inconsistent about Him?

I can also analyze the history of religion and conclude that the very concept of gods comes from gazing at the sky.

When I gaze at the sky, I see all the marvelous things He has created in the universe!

Combined, these provide proof beyond reasonable doubt that gods do not exist. They do not provide proof beyond possible doubt, but that is an irrational standard.

How so?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

As I have stated in previous threads, I know that God exists

Why does it bother you, then, that some know that he doesn't? Why do you care?

You didn't answer my last question, I don't know why I expect you to answer this one...

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

As I have stated in previous threads, I know that God exists because many times I have prayed about a specific person or situation, and then (usually in less than 24 hours,) I will read something in the Bible that will completely apply to the person or situation in which I had just prayed about.

Based on your logic:

If I pray about a specific person or situation, and then (within less than 24 hours), I will read something in the Bible that will not apply to the person or situation in which I had just prayed about, there is no God.

You yourself admitted that one cannot know if there is a God or not. Do you believe that your logic only applies to atheists and not to yourself?

[edit on 7/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
atheist by definition is to not believe in any higher being, not necessarily a god.

So, since the Biblical God would more than likely not break the first commandment, God will more than likely not worship any higher being. Therefore perhaps God will be the last Athiest, even after the end of times.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
All hail Satoo! Haven't you heard? Doodooba is just a distraction god.
Jees, some people will believe anything!

You are so going to Badplace.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

As I have stated in previous threads, I know that God exists because many times I have prayed about a specific person or situation, and then (usually in less than 24 hours,) I will read something in the Bible that will completely apply to the person or situation in which I had just prayed about.

Sorry, I don't consider such an experience to be credible evidence of the supernatural. There are mundane explanations for this. Besides, there's nothing in scripture to suggest the Bible can be used as a form of magic eight ball, so I don't think what your doing is even Biblical.

Please define “definitions of god,” and what is inconsistent about Him?

For a concept to comprehensible, it must first be defined and that definition must be consistent. What is the definition of god?

When I gaze at the sky, I see all the marvelous things He has created in the universe!

When I look at alphabet soup, I see words! It's a miracle!

Looking at the sky has nothing to do with understanding the history of religion.

How so?

The definition of god is likely an impossible deifnition, you have no credible evidence for the existence of god (assuming you manage to define him), and the history of religion shows the idea of gods comes from ancient astronomy. It's a tigher case against god than most murder trials as it shows the idea of gods was invented by man.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Definition of God:
supreme being: the being believed in monotheistic religions such as Judaism, Islam, and Christianity to be the all-powerful all-knowing creator of the universe, worshiped as the only god.

That is man's definition of God as per the dictionary. However, God Himself is so HUGE that He is indescribable.
We can attribute many characteristics to Him, (loving, faithful, omniscient, sovereign, just, holy) but that would only scratch the surface of who He really is!

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I cannot remember when I've read so much B/S !

There is no GOD.... There is no SATAN.

Some people just have so little intelligence that they just have to believe that there is some purpose and some design in the universe.

Did a supreme being create the goldfish ?

What is the divine purpose of the goldfish ?

Does the goldfish worry it's tiny mind about the meaning of life the universe and everything ?

Oh P-L-E-A-S-E !

Man created gods (yes, all of them) as a means of explaining what was incomprehensible to them, and then science started to uncover the facts.

What is now incomprehensible to us is just something that science hasn't explained YET!

Accept the incomprehensible as being beyond our present knowledge, not as some mystical power of an omnipotent creator !

Go back to sleep goldfish

[edit on 8/11/05 by The Winged Wombat]

[edit on 8/11/05 by The Winged Wombat]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Winged Wombat
I cannot remember when I've read so much B/S !

There is no GOD.... There is no SATAN.

Some people just have so little intelligence that they just have to believe that there is some purpose and some design in the universe.

Examples:

Albert Einstein
Leonardo Davinci
Galileo
Plato
Aristotle
Stephen W. Hawking

So little intelligence ......

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I posted this topic for us to discuss whether some guy who seems to create miracles and have deep knowledge will be enough to convince sceptics that there is a God. Unless athiests have such faith in nothing that no fire from the sky or changing weather patterns is going to be enough proof for them?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

Based on your logic:

If I pray about a specific person or situation, and then (within less than 24 hours), I will read something in the Bible that will not apply to the person or situation in which I had just prayed about, there is no God.

I disagree! You are twisting my words around! If what you said was true, then EVERY story in the Bible would have to apply to EVERY person, EVERY situation, at ALL TIMES!! That simply isn't logical or feasible. If a person does not happen to read something in the Word that applies to their situation, at that time, that does NOT mean that God isn't there! He simply isn't speaking to that person at that time.

You yourself admitted that one cannot know if there is a God or not. Do you believe that your logic only applies to atheists and not to yourself?

I do not recall ever saying that one can or cannot know God. In this forum, I have always stated that a person CAN know God through Jesus Christ! Could it be that maybe you misunderstood something that I said?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I do not recall ever saying that one can or cannot know God. In this forum, I have always stated that a person CAN know God through Jesus Christ! Could it be that maybe you misunderstood something that I said?

Reading this, I Thought of a question:

Why is Jesus Christ standing between me and God?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join