It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection-OOBE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
hey im new here, i been on this site for a lil while, but havent registered until now......im very interested in AP and OOBE and have a few Q's about it

is AP safe? like when/if i can achieve it will it be safe going into/coming out of AP? and is there anything i need 2 know be4 trying 2 do it? and how or what is the best way to Astral Project?.......plz help me the best way you can, i want to try this purely for spirital/curious reasons, nothing greedy or selfish at all, i am very intriged by this.....thank you all who consider to and who do help me.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hi Killa....welcome to ATS!

You want OOBE info seriously???? Well I will give you a link to a long thread on the subject, don't be intimidated by how big this thread is for it is so packed FULL of awsome info you'll be happy for the link. There are questions and answers, including the questions you've asked, as well as about a dozen links to other sites on the subject that other seekers like and have helped them.

ENJOY! it is called 'Concious OOBE....its REAL!'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You will find many seekers of this subject here on ATS and we are ALL glad to have you join us!

TRG

[edit on 5-11-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillaG
hey im new here, i been on this site for a lil while, but havent registered until now......im very interested in AP and OOBE and have a few Q's about it

Welcome to Above Top Secret! I'll try to help you as best as I can.

is AP safe? like when/if i can achieve it will it be safe going into/coming out of AP?

Yes of course, it is just conscious dreaming.

and is there anything i need 2 know be4 trying 2 do it?

No, unless you want to have a plan when you get into the astral. I recommend for the first time you have no plan, and then explore your sorroundings. After that be sure to know what you're going to do with your time in the astral, as it is very precious.

and how or what is the best way to Astral Project?

This is a personal thing, there is no one technique for every individual. Choose one technique and stick with it. If it doesn't work choose another one and so on.

I suggest you look at this Podthread (no Ipod required), to learn about the basics of Astral Projection.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 5/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Despite that Akashic claims OOBE is just conscious dreaming....that is just NOT true....it IS actually your Soul consciousness LEAVING your physical body and traveling elsewhere. Consious dreaming is called LUCID dreaming, and is not called Astral Travel/OOBE....they are very differant things.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Despite that Akashic claims OOBE is just conscious dreaming....that is just NOT true....it IS actually your Soul consciousness LEAVING your physical body and traveling elsewhere. Consious dreaming is called LUCID dreaming, and is not called Astral Travel/OOBE....they are very differant things.

I'm solely comparing it to conscious dreaming to make it easier to understand.

The only difference between Astral Projection, and conscious dreaming, is the amount of subjective elements in the psyche projected into the dimension.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

The only difference between Astral Projection, and conscious dreaming, is the amount of subjective elements in the psyche projected into the dimension.

I've heard that people could AP, and see something in there house or down the street they didn't notice or lost, so they went there and found it in the real world...how can that be dreaming?!

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

If dreams take place on the astral plane, then technically Akashic was right to call it 'concious dreaming'. With the whole "We go to the astral plane every night when we sleep" idea, etc. By saying it is "concious dreaming", he is not trying to discredit it or say that it isn't "real" (what is real? AP sort of blurs the borders)

Originally posted by FallenOne

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

I've heard that people could AP, and see something in there house or down the street they didn't notice or lost, so they went there and found it in the real world...how can that be dreaming?!

Again, I think you have different definitions of dreaming. Who says it isn't real, just because it's a "dream"?

When you go to sleep at night, your body falls asleep and you go to the astral plane, but only subconciously. And your thoughts are projected around you by this subconcious to cloud your real view of the astral, etc etc. Now in astral projection, your body feels asleep and you go to the AP as well. The only difference is you are CONCIOUS, fully aware and awake. Yes you can see something you shouldn't be able to say, or listen in to other conversations you shouldn't be able to hear. If "concious dreaming" just means being on another plane, then it is as real as being awake.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Dreams are the projections of our subjective elements (fantasies, daydreams etc...) into the astral dimension. Since the astral dimension is subconsciouslly affected by thought, any thought you have will affect its matter, or better yet, how you perceive it.

If we do not project subconscious elements into the astral, we see what is real. No longer do we cloud the astral with fantasies, but see reality. In this state of concentration one can find things that are also in the physical dimension, meet with friends objectively and later on confirm it etc...

An astral projection can quickly turn into a dream, if we lose concentration. Rest assured that if you let your mind run wild, and do not control your emotions your projection will not last very long.

Once again, the only difference between lucid dreaming (conscious dreaming), and astral projection, is the amount of subjective elements that are projected into it.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Oobe couldn't be soo dangerous, but I wouldn't AP until... you generate enough energy or something... my friend have seen the scariest things EVER on the astral plane...

As for OObe, I use peebrain's method. (psipog)

I actually HAVEN't ever been aware of an oobe cept as a child, but back then I didn't know what it was, thought it was normal.

So Peebrain says:

Click Here.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
i have thought about this and i want 2 AP....but i read in RG's thread
suggestion that there could be dangers while AP'ing.........like demonic possession, acheiving OOBE but going 2 a lower level on the Astral Plane, and some sort of "creature" full of hate people saw when they acheived AP and saw on the Astral Plane? i dont kno if this is true, but if possession and reaching lower levels along with evil entities is what awaits me in the Astral Plane i am not interested, i want to AP bad, it is all i have been thinking about and what its like, i read other experiences and they seem extraordianary and amazing, i want 2 experience that 4 myself.....plz clear these dangers up for me.......thank you all.....KG

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillaG
i have thought about this and i want 2 AP....but i read in RG's thread
suggestion that there could be dangers while AP'ing.........like demonic possession

No entity can possess you while in the astral plane. Astral projection is seing the astral without projecting the subjective elements within our psyche onto it. Surely if a demon could possess you, they would do it while you were dreaming; a state in which you would be easy prey.

acheiving OOBE but going 2 a lower level on the Astral Plane, and some sort of "creature" full of hate people saw when they acheived AP and saw on the Astral Plane?

The majority of us go into the lower levels of the astral plane when sleeping. This is because our vibrational frequency is not high enough to go into higher planes, such as the mental plane.

The only thing a negative entity can do to you is instill fear. If you fear them you are letting them win. They do not want you to explore the astral consciously. They want you to sleep. If you do not fear them they lose their only power.

A negative entity can only come to you if you are in a state of fear. If you know that no negative entity can come near you, none shall. Remember the astral dimension is changed by thought.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yarcofin and AkashicWanderer.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm actually less skeptical now!

So then...when we goto the higher level planes, is it 'more realistic', or is it still subjective to our conciouness? Also, How does this add up with meeting friends? Does it mean that even though you're OOBEing, nothing is clouded over, and your friends 'join your dream' through their own will as well?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Go to www.saltcube.com for all the information on this subject. It's the definitive website for it.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

So then...when we goto the higher level planes, is it 'more realistic', or is it still subjective to our conciouness?

The higher planes of the 5th dimension can be said to be more realistic. This is because to access them one has to have a high degree of awareness, and control over thought.

Also, How does this add up with meeting friends? Does it mean that even though you're OOBEing, nothing is clouded over, and your friends 'join your dream' through their own will as well?

For two people to meet objectively in the astral, and confirm the experience in the physical, neither can be in a state of dreaming. There might be some subconscious elements in the astral when you meet the person, but to have any real conversation or experience, objectiveness is needed.

When one does not cloud the astral with subconscious elements, it becomes somewhat like the physical dimension. You can just go to the spatial location of the person you want to find, and if they too are astral projecting, you can meet.

top topics

join