It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the gold vault so heavily guarded?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Nothing would happen. The US dollar is paper money, its no longer backed up by gold.

Good Point! I forgot all about that. The US is no longer on the gold standard, and hasn't been for many years. Why do we have a gold reserve if we are no longer on the gold standard?

Tim

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
Good Point! I forgot all about that. The US is no longer on the gold standard, and hasn't been for many years. Why do we have a gold reserve if we are no longer on the gold standard?
Tim

Gold is almost a sure way of storing wealth. It is a store of value and a safe haven in case of crisis. Also, it is very liquid so it can be moved quicker than other assets.

If the U.S. dollar collapsed at least the government would have gold, which would still be worth something.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
gold can be kept in case of disaster, if the dollar collapses, and the US economy collapses, there should be some form of global depression, which will make all paper money nothing more than pictures printed on paper lol, while gold will skyrocket, now if you have lets say 5mil onces of gold right now, that's about 3.116 billion, not much, but that would double probably during an large economic collapse, which would make them worth about 7billion dollars, which would mkae more money if the dollar is in a gold standard again... so basically it's just there to ensure safety in an economic slump...

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Fort Knox is EMPTY, at least of gold, anyway. One of the main reasons for the security is to keep people from finding out that America has almost no gold left, and hence nothing to pay off our massive debts...

After the 1929 stock crash, the US GOVT made it a felony to posess gold. You had to turn your gold in to the government, supposedly to fix the situation which they had actually intentionally manufactured... (Read Milton Friedman's work on the 1929 "deflation" actions by the Fed that halted our economy by restricting all credit)

After all the gold was turned in and melted down, it was sent off to Ft. Knox (Named after Philander Knox, who worked for the Rockefellers and Rothschilds in passing an unconstitutional 16th Amendment which was not properly ratified!!!). As far as any average idiot knew, the gold would stay there forever.

However, in order to deal with the inflation of the U$D caused by the inflationary measures of the Federal Reserve (which debases the money supply by creating new money out of nothing) the Central Bank had to sell off all the gold, in a desperate, and futile, attempt to keep the price of gold at $35. It used to be (Before 1913 when the Federal Reserve Act was passed) that $20 USD could buy one ounce of gold, and hence 1 dollar was 1/20th one ounce of gold. At the time of Ft. Knox, debasement and inflation were already so bad that the price of gold had "shot up" to $35, which at the time was unheard of, through all of history.

Most of the Gold went ot private bankers in Europe.

At around the middle of the 1970's, the US came off of the gold standard, completely, in an attempt to dodge our wwI and WWII debts, which still have not been paid off.

When the U$D left the Bretton Woods "partial-gold standard" in 1975, it once again became legal for US citizens to buy gold. The price of gold shot up, doubled, tripled, sextupled in no time at all. A hefty profit for those bankers in Europe!!!

There has not been an audit of the gold reserves in Ft. Knox since Eisenhower last ordered one in the 60's. By Federal Law, there must be an audit every year...

Hmm.....

For more info, please see this other thread on Central Banking and Taxation;
America: Freedom to Fascism topic discusses Video

[edit on 20-11-2006 by sp00n1]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
Fort Knox is EMPTY, at least of gold, anyway. One of the main reasons for the security is to keep people from finding out that America has almost no gold left, and hence nothing to pay off our massive debts...

We don't need gold to back up our currency - it has been said several times in this thread - we are not on a gold standard - thus it doesn't matter if Fort Knox has nothing more than cheese in it (I will get to that later)

After the 1929 stock crash, the US GOVT made it a felony to posess gold. You had to turn your gold in to the government, supposedly to fix the situation which they had actually intentionally manufactured... (Read Milton Friedman's work on the 1929 "deflation" actions by the Fed that halted our economy by restricting all credit)

Whoa whoa - being in possesion of gold was not a felony - the government didn't come and take your grandma's wedding ring, they didn't take the star of david or cross off your neck - if you are going to cite a law - at least get your facts straight.

After World War One, many countries went off the gold standard and went into fiscal chaos as a result - so in the early 20's most of them went BACK to the gold standard. Britan on the other hand, abandoned the gold in 1931. So many fluxes in Global commerce weakend people's faith in the ability of various government's to adhere to one set standard, thus the demand for gold went up.

This wreaked havoc on the economies of many countries, including the Unites States . On April 5, 1933 Roosevelt issued an executive order forbidding the hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion and gold certificates.

After all the gold was turned in and melted down, it was sent off to Ft. Knox (Named after Philander Knox, who worked for the Rockefellers and Rothschilds in passing an unconstitutional 16th Amendment which was not properly ratified!!!). As far as any average idiot knew, the gold would stay there forever.

Can you provide me a link to this? The law was set in place to prevent gold from being taken out of the economy - not to smelt Aunt Gabe's Necklace. Only gold holding's; ie in a form of currency were confiscated @ $20.67 per ounce.

However, in order to deal with the inflation of the U$D caused by the inflationary measures of the Federal Reserve (which debases the money supply by creating new money out of nothing) the Central Bank had to sell off all the gold, in a desperate, and futile, attempt to keep the price of gold at $35.

Can you provide a link to this claim?

Most of the Gold went ot private bankers in Europe.

This one as well.

At around the middle of the 1970's, the US came off of the gold standard, completely, in an attempt to dodge our wwI and WWII debts, which still have not been paid off.

You are misleading here; you make it sound like we are the only country to move to a fiat system - well every major economy on the Planet; from China to Sweden to Japan is on a fiat system - we were one of the last major powers to do so. To clarify - Nixon ended the gov's practice of trading on an international level with gold in 1971.

Also - the set price of gold did remain @ $35 an ounce until 1971; but this was the amount other countries SOLD gold to the United States. In 1974 - the above federal "crime" was repealed and trading started @ $197.25 - providing the United States a HUGE return on it's investment.

As for Ft. Knox; there may be gold there, or maybe not. But secrets of the state are stored there; plans for bombers / fighter planes that are out of production (B-52 anyone??), encryption codes, etc.

As for the Demon - I find that interesting. Never thought a Balor could be contained.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Do you all want to know what the real answer is?

Nations aren't stupid enough to try and steal a Nuclear Bomb or rob Plutonium from National stores - that would be an act of war, and most people (just about 99.9999% on the earth) don't give a damn, and those who do...would rather try Russia.

Just about every dumb hillbilly in Kentucky and probably the whole world would try and steal Gold from Fort Knox if it were guarded like a safe at a bank.

Why?

BECAUSE ITS GOLD!

Psychologically more people would die to steal gold than they would to steal a Nuclear Bomb.

Try about 5 orders of magnitude more people.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
gold is used for one thing........to trade for wepons

[edit on 24-11-2006 by I_AM_OVERLORD1]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

The third level security truth is that there is a clase VI-demon trapped in the lowest level. They have it contained in a "soul-force" field, and originally expected it to give the USA a military "satanic option." But instead, any agent who goes down to talk to it ends up splattered on the walls.

The sad part is, you think I'm joking.

You don't even believe in demons, much less that the US government would try to "cut a deal" for global power. So ask me why the Pentagon was built with 5 sides

Ok what the hell is that? a class VI Demon? As far as the pentigon is concerned well if it only had 4 sides it would be silly to call it the pentigon now wouldent it?

There is gold in that thar vault and a whole lot of gold.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_OVERLORD1
gold is used for one thing........to trade for wepons

[edit on 24-11-2006 by I_AM_OVERLORD1]

Because the United States needs weapons from other countries...

Gold has no real value; aside from the value people place on it - as does the dollar.

Gold has less buying buying power than the dollar, go to Bestbuy and try to get a New TV with gold....

[edit on 25-11-2006 by crisko]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

The third level security truth is that there is a clase VI-demon trapped in the lowest level. They have it contained in a "soul-force" field, and originally expected it to give the USA a military "satanic option." But instead, any agent who goes down to talk to it ends up splattered on the walls.

The sad part is, you think I'm joking.

You don't even believe in demons, much less that the US government would try to "cut a deal" for global power. So ask me why the Pentagon was built with 5 sides

Ok what the hell is that? a class VI Demon? As far as the pentigon is concerned well if it only had 4 sides it would be silly to call it the pentigon now wouldent it?

There is gold in that thar vault and a whole lot of gold.

You need to buff some of your internet board / forum skills.

Anyways, the Pentagon has 5 sides, not because the Gov is evil, but becuase each side represents a branch of military.

1. Air Force
2. Army
3. Navy
4. Marines
5. Coast Guard

As for the demon, it's a joke that went over your head.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The Gold Vault does contain more than just gold. It holds the original copies of the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constiturtion, the Gettysburg Adress, and the Gutenburg Bible. It's on www.radclifftourism.org... Plus my neighbor's a guard at the Gold Vault. But Im sure he probobly wouldn't be aloud to tell me anything about it without killing me afterwords.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The gold still in fort knox.Its only a conspiracy theory that its gone.That was a rumor back from the 1960s.They recently did a show on the history channel titled Fort Knox: Secrets Revealed and was made just a few years back and shows all the gold inside to the camera and tv host.You can seach history channel.com and see video of it from clips.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

O.k. You called my bluff. I was joking with the whole demon thing.

As far as you know.

Actually, my little fiction was inspired by the fact that in 1967, at the height of the Vietnam War, when protests were proving to be totally fruitless, a group of Hippies (including Alan Ginsburg) got hold of one of those boxes on wheels you use to mark the lines on a baseball diamond.

They took it to a demonstration in front of the Pentagon. In the middle of the action, they started chanting "Out Demon, Out!" and drawing a continuous chalk circle around the whole of the Pentagon. That, of course, is the way medieval sorcerers were supposed to gain power over demons.

Whole companies of MP's came running. They left the other demonstrators alone, but tried to grab the chalk liner, and beat the crap out of everyone associated with it.

There ya go.

Cops don't have much appreciation for street theater.

As far as you know.

If this is true, what someone ought to do is this: Get a permit for protesting at the Pentagon, then do the exact same thing. Film it the whole time from multiple angles.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Always remember this: When TSHTF, gold will not be as useful as silver. Do you know how small a piece of gold you would have to use to barter, say, a carton of smokes, some food, some gas, and some ammo? Well, assuming that works out to $200, and the price of gold is $1,000 an ounce, you have to give them 1/5 of an ounce of gold.

Now, consider silver bars of 1 ounce. At $20 an ounce, you give them 10 bars.

Silver will be what is traded regularly. Gold will be used on big purchases. Think of silver as a $10 bill, and gold as the $100 bill.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well, really, in the end Gold does not mean a thing it's just a shiny....stone, that we give value.

It is all just something that the Illuminati can use to make us think that we "have" to get money in order to live a decent life. So, they took everything and based it on a value system so that you have to mindlessly work for money. Also, when you get too much money, you get infatuated with it and you think that it gives you power or control in the world when it really gives you the exact opposite. Once you begin to love money you start to want more. You try to take other's "power" away when still you are powerless. You are just helping the Illuminati get other's dispositions down so that they are easier to mislead. Usually when the American public is depressed they take it out by violence, anger, drugs, alcohol, and other various forms which takes humanity down with it as a whole.

So by trying to get money you are making civilization fall, and even when you give money you are making civilization fall, and as always, when we fall, we fall right into the hands of the Illuminati. Since we have been like this for many years, MANY years, we have taken the Illuminati's bati hook, line, and sinker.

Also, the vault at Fort Knox is not a vault. They do keep it heavily guarded, but they are guarding something...else there. Yet, if you have ever been in Kentucky you know that Fort Knox is very visible from the highway, and you would really wonder what that place really was, so they called it a gold vault.
Nobody asked questions, nobody really cares. It is now Fort Knox the gold vault.

Hook, line, and sinker.

But in conclusion of my above writing, Money is the absolute greatest poison and Sheeple maker ever. EVER.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think the gov't not only gaurds gold and very important document's like the declaration ect... But i also think that they are gaurding the "ARC of the Covenant, The 10 commandment's(stone tablet's) and the spear of destiny amongst other thing's. In time of war the royal family would have their jewels gaurded their and other countries would have important thing's gaurded...

I also believe that itmes were stolen from tombs in egypt were stored or once store in the vault..

Imagine that 9/11 was created so that gold and silver stored in the basement of each of the tower's could be heisted or the federal reserve could be heisted like they did in the die hard movie...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join