It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the gold vault so heavily guarded?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here is a story about the protest, but I couldnt find anything in regards to the "drawing a continuous chalk circle around the whole of the Pentagon".

OCTOBER 21, 1967
WASHINGTON DCA
USA
PLANET EARTH

We Freemen, of all colors of the spectrum, in the name of God, Ra, Jehovah, Anubis, Osiris, Tialoc, Quetzalcoatl, Thoth, Ptah, Allah, Krishna, Chango, Chimeke, Chukwu, Olisa-Bulu-Uwa, Imales, Orisasu, Odudua, Kali, Shiva-Shakra, Great Spirit, Dionysus, Yahweh, Thor, Bacchus, Isis, Jesus Christ, Maitreya, Buddha, Rama

Do exorcise and cast out the EVIL which has walled and captured the pentacle of power and perverted its use to the need of the total machine and its child the hydrogen bomb and has suffered the people of the planet earth, the American people and creatures of the mountains, wood, streams, and oceans grievous mental and physical torture and the constant torment of the imminent threat of UTTER DESTRUCTION

We are demanding that the pentacle of power once again be used to serve the interests of GOD manifest in the world as man. We are embarking on a motion which is millennial in scope. Let this day, October 21, 1967, mark the beginning of suprapolitics

By act of reading this paper you are engaged in the Holy Ritual of Exorcism. To further participate focus your thought on the casting out of evil through the grace of GOD which is all (ours). A billion stars in a billion galaxies of space and time is the form of your power, and limitless is your name

Norman Mailer devotes several pages to his observation and analysis of this historic rite of exorcism:

“Now while the Indian triangle and the cymbal sounded, while a trumpet offered a mournful subterranean wail, full of sobs, and mahogany shadows of sorrow, and all sour groans from hell’s dungeon, while finger bells tinkled and drums beat, so did a solemn voice speak something approximate to this:

In the name of the amulets of touching, seeing, groping, hearing and loving, we call upon the powers of the cosmos to protect our ceremonies in the name of Zeus, in the name of Anubis, god of the dead, in the name of all those killed because they do not comprehend, in the name of the lives of the soldiers in Vietnam who were killed because of a bad karma, in the name of sea-born Aphrodite, in the name of Magna Mater, in the name of Dionysus, Zagreus, Jesus, Yahweh, the unnamable, the quintessent finality of the Zoroastrian fire, in the name of Hermes, in the name of the Beak of Sok, in the name of scarab, in the name, in the name, in the name of the Tyrone Power Pound Cake Society in the Sky, in the name of Rah, Osiris, Horus, Nepta, Isis, in the name of the flowing living universe, in the name of the mouth of the river, we call upon the spirit to raise the Pentagon from its destiny and preserve it.

….

Then all the musicians suddenly cried out: “Out, demons, out, -- back to darkness ye sevants of Satan – out, demons out! Out, demons, out!” …..

Ed Sanders spoke: “For the first time in the history of the Pentagon there will be a grope-in within a hundred feet of this place, within two hundred feet. Seminal culmination in the spirit of peace and brotherhood, a real grope for peace. All of you who want to protect this rite of love may form a circle of protection among the lovers.” …

“These are the magic eyes of victory,” Sanders went on. “Victory, victory, victory for peace. Money made the Pentagon – melt it. Money made the Pentagon, melt it for love.”

Now came other voices, “Burn the money, burn the money, burn it, burn it.”

Sanders: “In the name of the generative power of Priapus, in the name of the totality, we call upon the demons of the Pentagon to rid themselves of the cancerous tumors of the war generals, all the secretaries and soldiers who don’t know what they’re doing, all the intrigue bureaucracy and hatred, all the spewing, coupled with prostate cancer in the deathbed. Every Pentagon general lying alone at night with a tortured psyche and an image of death in his brain, every general, every general lying alone, every general lying alone.”

Wild cries followed, chants: “Out demons, out! Out demons out! Out! Out! Out! Out demons out!”

Sanders: In the name of the most sacred of sacred names Xabrax Phresxner.”

He was accompanied now by chants of “hari, hari, hari, hari, rama, rama, rama, ram, Krishna, hari Krishna, hari, hari, rama, Krishna.”

“Out demons out!”

They all chanted: “End the fire and war, and war, end the plague of death. End the fire and war, and war, end the plague of death.” In the background was the sound of a long sustained Ommmmm.”

link
another link

[edit on 10-11-2005 by CogitoErgoSum1]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thanks CES1,

that is definitely the event I had in mind, although it looks like the version I received had been embellished to some degree.

Thanks again, even if it shows I didn't get it right.

Funny how when someone questions you, you begin to wonder if you just dreamed the whole thing up. Ever have that?

Somelines of Hinduism and Buddhism say the universe is God's dream. When he wakes up, will he wonder if he made all this up????

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
No problem Dr....... I wasnt trying to prove you wrong, just help locate some information on it.

Loved your post about the Giants game btw....

[edit on 10-11-2005 by CogitoErgoSum1]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It is also possible that they may be storeing more than just gold at these sites. In my opinion that much security just for gold bricks is somewhat overkill. I think our govt. can be hiding the the very things in which this site is attempting to ferret out. Where would you want to hide something you do not want someone to find? I'd hide it right under their nose's . Just like the game Three Card Monty. It is just a shell game. Throw some paint on it and you get a new cosmetic look and bang! It throws the birddogs off course.
Area 51 is another hot spot but it is not secured enough compared to the topic we are on now. What is our helpful govt. trying to keep under wraps? I am convinced along with other reading I have done, that it must be something they do not want let out or let anyone in. Who knows for sure why the govt. goes to these great lenghts to keep people out. It is also possibe that there is great technology locked up in these places.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Final answer to your question.

The Gold Vaults are so heavily guarded because they don't want you going in there and walking off with the goods!

Seriously though, I have been told that the Government maintains a few sites for what is called 'Monetized' gold bullion, or gold that is considered vital for economic exchange and is different somehow from 'regular' gold like the kind that is used in jewelry, dentistry and electronics. Palladium, platinum and silver are not 'monetized' yet they do have relatively high trade value.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shot messenger
moot all the way around. gold and silver won't mean a thing soon.
that nwo you all like to talk about is into depopulation by 1/3 to 1/2. thats 2 or 3 billion folks that are going to have to bite the dust. how?
well, there is an iluminati company [ did i say that?] called Vivendi. They control almost all the worlds fresh and waste water drinking systems. In america they are called US FILTER. sounds american but it isn't.

now, how do you suppose they are going to eliminate 2 or 3 billion folks in one day? yeah, the water, we all drink it or brush our teeth with it.

revelation talks about how in the end days that the first thing that will happen is that the water will be turned to blood [ unfit to drink-lethal.]

then we are going cashless. work for debits. cool huh?

Ok so, a giant computer game publisher is going to kill 3 billion people?!?!?!?
Right...

If you want depopulation just make it illegul to have more than one child per couple. That will lose the world population and its better than killing 3 billion people.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Why is the gold vault so heavily guarded?

It's simple.

In the past, because It was full of gold.

Now, because they don't want us to find out that there is no gold in Fort Knox.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
No doubt there are things the governments of this world want to keep under wraps, and who could blame them? Why is it that you people feel you should be privy to this kind of information? People who are quite clearly paranoid, delusional, ignorant or in fact, all three. Demons in Fort Knox, are you having a laugh? If there's something accounted for by all five of your senses, why must you always look for something else? And why is this the most logical answer, that which is unsubstantiated by any credible sources of information?

And you feel like you are the enlightened ones, the ones best in a position to understand any secrets the government may have?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oisin
No doubt there are things the governments of this world want to keep under wraps, and who could blame them? Why is it that you people feel you should be privy to this kind of information? People who are quite clearly paranoid, delusional, ignorant or in fact, all three. Demons in Fort Knox, are you having a laugh? If there's something accounted for by all five of your senses, why must you always look for something else? And why is this the most logical answer, that which is unsubstantiated by any credible sources of information?

And you feel like you are the enlightened ones, the ones best in a position to understand any secrets the government may have?

*clap* Thank you. I read half this thread in utter disbelief.

Yes, it is important to deny ignorance and search for the truth. That doesn't mean you take logical answers and attempt to twist them into a sort of conspiracy of your imagination.

Thinking up random things, and giving those things the benefit of the doubt is just as bad as taking everything you hear as truth.

It is important to be a believer, but you must also be a good skeptic. If you don't look at everything OBJECTIVELY (this is the key), you will be just as misled as the people who believe everything without recourse.

My view? Take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt, until you can research and make up your mind for yourself. Exactly why I don't buy into half the conspiracies on here, they have no basis and serve no purpose.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Thankyou very much, I joined this site around five years ago and used to come here a lot, but have visited about three or four times in the past couple of years, just because the theories have been getting more and more ridiculous. Unlike a lot of people on here, I just have an interest in the truth, whatever that may be, and finding out more of the world, beyond what gets said in the media. It's an interest but not a way of life. I know the governments of the world have lied numerous times, and they do to this day. Just... everyone chill out, and listen to what you're saying, a lot of it's conjecture at best.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I started this thread because i have always wondered what was inside there ever since i was 5. I always thought that its was suspicious that they would guard a deposit of gold so heavily.

We are all intitiled to our opinions no matter how far fetched they are. What "right" do we have to this information?Probaly none but we have every right to wonder and speculate whats inside.Human beings are curiouse by nature.If we were not curious we would still be cavemen drawing on walls.

So I for one will always question everything no matter if i should know it or not and if it gets me killed or regected then so be it.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The biggest reason for the massive security at For Knox is not to guard our gold, but to prevent people from finding out it isn't there and thus realizing we can't back our own currency (or even a very large portion of it) any longer.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The real valuable reserve isn't at Fort Knox.

Actually the description of security at Fort Knox didn't sound all that extreme.

The real "strategic reserve" is at the Y-12 Plant (now Y-12 Facility) which holds most of the purified U-235.

This is held in tight security in a very well protected building with a very well protected "secure area" outside of this, which of course contains many other classified buildings.

Going in and out, beyond the obvious Q clearance and reason to visit and ID and scan, you are weighed upon entry and exit in a caged area, monitored by security on cameras. This is the unclassified version described to the public.

There are electric fences and good electronic sensors, outside. And the entire facility is in a narrow valley, with a single entrance/exit, with guardposts and the usual barriers which can be raised and lowered.

There are guards in SUV's with M16's or other similar weaponry driving around. Finally there are the towers.

But also 4,000 people probably go to work in this whole facility as well every workday.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yancheck is correct. There is no gold in there. All that remains in there is oddjobs bowler hat stuck between that barred cell door where he got electrocuted.

The gold that was in there has now been made into 500 million chav necklaces and sovereign rings. It's in gangster rappers teeth and on the little gold connectors on your stereo system.

All they are guarding is a 'principle'.

The principle is this - "We SAY that we have ALL the Gold, ( James Bond prooved it to you), therefore we can issue lots of bogus digital numbers from our big bank via the computers and you can work for us for a long time."

When you get a loan for $500,000 nobody suddenly digs up a load of gold to support that 'new' debt. It's just bogus numbers typed into a computer screen and created magically when the clerk hits 'enter'. Then they charge you bogus interest which is more numbers just added to the original number. Then you work ( a lot!) and your employee sends some little digital numbers to their bank and some number appear in your account for a few days until they 'deduct' as many as they think they can get away with to pay back that first loan. Apparently they then 'send' those numbers they just deducted back to the central bank as 'profit'

Simple! NO GOLD REQUIRED - EVER!
An Ingenius way to create a stable economic society!!

[edit on 14-12-2005 by KnightStrider]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Absolutely, economics is a sustem which only works because people believe in it. If the system was to fall apart tomorrow, there would be utter chaos. In fact, bringing down the computer systems which modern economic records rely on would do far more lasting damage to a first world country than a WMD ever could.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Because they don't want anybody to steal their lead bars painted with gold paint... What, the US Government "leasing" our gold? No, couldn't be...
All I have to say is that if the fit hits the shan, it would be nice for everybody to have gold in their portfolio...

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Please forgive if this is elswhere in this thread -
We are no longer on the gold standard and have not been for many decades now. The value of U.S. currency and of the free worlds currency for that matter is based on productivity (over simplified) and has nothing to do with any metal. Gold is an expensive collectable and not much more. Most of its value is historical I believe. It costs more than $300 dollars per ounce to produce gold and its value is based more on that than anything. There is probably very little gold at Fort Knox if any at all. It would make perfect sense though that any government would need extremely secure locations for storage of any number of things.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Nothing would happen. The US dollar is paper money, its no longer backed up by gold. You can't 'cash it in' for gold at the bank and whatnot.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies
try it and see, i dont have google earth, but since the white house is altered on google maps i doubt it would show up there.

area 51 shows up on google earth, but probably with a fake photo

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies
it probably is part of the "fort knox" myth and the gold is probably at some random unexpected base somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Maybe you're right. Maybe there's no gold at all in fort knox. Maybe the US doesn't even HAVE gold.
. Maybe the gold is at area 51 and the aliens are at fort knox. I mean, it would be the perfect way to keep people from the government secrets, by concealing it in an unlikely place. Just some theories I came up with in 5 minutes. Just goes to show how much we know about fort knox

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join