It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Special Report Part 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   
BBC News 24 Special Report Nov 12 2003 11:15

Hu Edwards: We are interrupting the present viewing schedule to bring you this breaking story.

�In the last 15 minutes the United States Geological society has issued a Flash Alert of the Danger of a Volcano erupting in Yellowstone national park in the North Western United States.�

The White Office is just about to issue a statement, we can go to Washington live now and speak to our Correspondent there.

John can you hear us, what is the word from the White House

John Taylor: Hi Hu, well all I can say is that this is big news in the Capitol, in the last few minutes the Director of FEMA, the Sectary of state, and the Joint Chiefs have all arrived by Helicopter, it is believed that the head of the USGS is already in meetings with the President at the moment.

Hu Edwards: John, this all seems very serious, is all this normal for a volcanic eruption.

John Taylor: Well Hu that is the question, there has been various AP reports that this USGS seem to think that this could be a very large eruption, possibly even rivalling Mount St Helens.

But it most be noted that Yellowstone Park is not near to many build up areas so� hang on I believe we can go to the Briefing room in the Whitehouse now.

Presidents Press Sectary: Ladies and gentleman as you are probably a where a short time ago the USGS announced that there was a chance of a Volcanic eruption within the Yellowstone park area.

The president has decided at this time to call a State of Emergency and will be addressing the nation in an hour�s time.

�. Shouting out of questions�

David Grant (Washington Post Chief Whitehouse Reporter): Can you tell us which states are included in the State of Emergency is it just the ones that contain areas of Yellowstone park.

Presidents Press Sectary: No David, when I said the President had declared a state of Emergency, I meant the President has declared a state of emergency for all 50 states.

�. More general questioning

Press Sec: I am sorry but that�s all I have for now, I will provide further updates as I have them.

Hu Edwards: Well back in the studio I have Darren Ferguson who is a geologist from the royal society. Mr Ferguson we are pleased that you could come here on such short notice, could you please tell us why all the panic over there in the USA

Darren Ferguson: Thank you Hu, the reason for all the panic is that if what the USGS has said is true, then we could be about to experience the largest eruption of a volcano for the last 80 thousand years.

Hu Edwards: That is all well and good, but still a state of emergency declared in all 50 states. How can a single volcano cause that many problems?

Darren Ferguson: Hu if the USGS is right and the Yellowstone Caldera does erupt then it could and will affect every living soul on the planet. We are talking about something with the power of over 100 10MT Nucle�

Hu Edwards: I�m sorry but if I could just stop you there, we are now going live to Downing Street. Janet I believe the Prime Minister is about to issue a statement.

Janet Wright (Downing Street Reporter for News 24): Yes Hu, the Prime Minster is about to make a statement and for the first time has used his powers to enforce that every TV station and every radio station in the country carry his statement live.

�. Screen cuts out to a test bar picture�lasts about 10 seconds

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I always enjoy good fiction... and the point is?.........

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
An excellent part 1!!! Ties in splendidly with the current events at Yellowstone!

I love the news-flash format, reminds me of Clancy.

When's part two coming?!?!

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well written,...but hurry for the finish, or else it might slip over to Non fiction. I think you might need to throw in some other countries response... is there going to be a "saving the planet scenario"?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Finally got round to posting the second and final part to this story.

A bit rushed but work has been maniac lately

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
you have spelt his name wrong, its huw not hu.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
When I first read this I didn't see what forum it was on and thought it was real, I was gobsmacked!!!
(boy did I feel stupid).
That was extremely well written, well done.

top topics

join