It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poltergeist in my house???....why me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ive recently moved out of my house to an apartment for college, so im not in the room anymore. But, heres someinteresting stuff that happened in my old house that i would like a little insight on. here goes:

At night i would wake up and my light would be on in my room. This happened on multiple occasions. Also the fan would be on sometimes and not the light. After school when i would come home i always dropped my books in my room and turned on my light and went straight to the kitchen for somethin to eat. Many MANY times after grabbing a bite i would come back and my light would be off, and sometimes my door would be mysteriously closed. Now, this may seem like an electrical problem, but i have more so hold on.

At night i would sit in my bed with my laptop on a pillow in my lap.This was back before i had wireless internet so i had a phone cord plugged in. I would always notice strange things:noises/voices/footsteps. One night as i went in the kitchen i even saw the black figure of a man. Well one particular night when i was cruising the internet with my computer in my lap i was surfing 3si.org when all of the sudden my phone cord jerked extremely hard to my right and ripped my laptop off my lap throwing it across the room to my door...a distance of roughly 8 feet. The phone cord comes out the right side of my computer and plugged in directly behind my back, a distance of less than 3 feet and my back was against the wall. No one else was in the room and i was not delerious as it was only 11pm.

It could not have been me in any way because even if i had somehow sat on the phone cord theres no way i could have moved it with such force to propel it across the room. Things like this happened to me for all 4 years i lived in that house, plus many many more, if you want to hear more i can elaborate on the rest. Sorry for the long post. But, i was wondering, was this a poltergeist? and why me, why would a poltergeist take interest in annoying me?

[edit on 5-11-2005 by Uber Fr0g]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
very interesting, but can i suggesting paragraphing, that way its easier to read

I suggest simply doing a google search, get info on poltergiests. if youve done that, think logically. Can these things be explained logically?

[edit on 5-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

This is a spirit, usually mischievous and occasionally malevolent, which manifests its presence by making noises, moving objects, and assaulting people and animals. The term "poltergeist" comes from the German poltern, "to knock," and geist, "spirit." Some cases of poltergeists that remain unexplained and may involve actual spirits. In other cases the phenomena may be produced by subconscious psychokinesis (PK) on the part of an individual.

Included in the most common types of poltergeist activities are the rains of stones, dirt, and other small objects; moving or throwing of objects, including large pieces of furniture; loud noises and shrieks; and vile smells. It seems that poltergeists have adapted to the development of technology. They are known to have caused interference in telephones and electronic equipment, and turning lights and appliances on and off. Some poltergeists are said to pinch, bite, hit, and sexually attack the living.

www.themystica.com...

I found some interesting stuff on that site that really explains alot. Has anyone else experienced a poltergeist? what heppened? Im rather interested in this subject now.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Shadow88,
Why do you feel the need to correct this person? I find this rude on your part when this person is asking for help and I think the paragraphing was just fine.
I know what you are going thru.
I have lived in this house for two years with some of the same things happening to me.
I have a touch lamp that comes on by itself. I can shake the table and do all that can to turn that lamp on and it will not come on unless it's touched.
I've never had anything as drastic as your laptop happen but I've heard voices, strange noises, smells of something cooking when I know I'm not cooking anything, the headboard of my bead shaking very hard and many other things.
I put my house up for sale yesterday because I am tired of dealing with this and I'm glad to hear you do not live in that house anymore.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Uberfrog

Did you have any kids in the house around the age of puberty? Poltergiests seem to occur more often around them. Some have even suggested that the children themselves cause the occurences. The black figure would suggest more of a haunting than a Poltergiest.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I edited my post earlier so the paragraphing is better now, i admit it was horrible earlier. Shadow isnt at fault.

Yeah, the laptop incident scared me to death, and there isn't a whole lot that scares me. There was also another even that worried me.
I was leaving the bathroom next to my room, and i did not close the door.
For some reason i have always closed the bathroom door behind me, but it just slipped my mind this time. Immeadiately after i stepped in the direction of my room the bathroom door slammed open...not just opened(SLAMMED)

Keep in mind the air wasnt on in the house, it was spring time. I didnt think anything of it for a while, till the same exact thing happened. So i set up a test, one day i left the door open and nothing happened. I thought it was interesting so i waited about 2 minutes to see. Heres where it gets freaky. I heard a low buzzing sound, almost like a kazoo. I felt as if i was getting horribly sick and as this was happening the shower curtain/ pole and all fell to the floor. I immediately closed the door. Not much else this dramatic has happened. Just smal stuff...i never noticed smells, but many times would catch a glimpse of things that werent there, and hear footsteps/noises.

Is it possible for a poltergeist to follow someone, i havent come acroos anything saying this yet, and nothing has appened in my apartment? Just wondering.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well ,im 18 now. I must have been around 16-17 when this happened. Past puberty haha. My little bro would have been 11-12, but all these instances seemed to have happened in my room at my end of the house. He never said anything about weird things occuring.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It wouldnt have to be happing around him. Some think it just energy from the children that causes the stuff and you being his big brother would have been a natural target for it.

The black figure tends to suggest a haunting though, or prehaps something a little more sinister.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Yeah, now that i have researched poltergeist's a bit the figurei saw is puzzling. I'll elaborate more on it as i have seen it on more than one occasion, not only me but one of my best friends witnessed it to, and i have never said anything about it to him.

I saw the figure in a rather well lit area of the kitchen (lit by the moon), the frst time. It had the distinct figure of a man..roughly somewhere between 5'9 5'11. It looked as if he was wearing a hat with a brim all the way around, and appeared as if he was spying, or looking around the corner at me. Even though he was in a clear area of the kitchen.

My friend described roughly the same figure to me, except he witnessed him in the hallway near my room.

Ive seen him on a few other occasion in different parts of the house, im not paranoid, or afraid of ghosts. So i wasn't projecting an image to scare myself. My friend saw it to as i said before. What surprised me was the clarity...imagine most of the ufo photos out there of the ships, it was somewhere near the best one of those ive seen quality wise. I could make out the shape, and some minor detail on his jacket/face on almost all the occasions.

I told my mom and she told me i was crazy, but she did inform me that the man who owned the house before the person we bought it from murdered hi wife at the house and the body was never found. I would think she would haunt the house though?? he is dead now...i suspect it is him but i dont know.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The black figure you talk about is something that seems to be coming up more and more in my investigations. I have some thoughts on the subject but need to do a bit more research before I have anything solid.

I personally dont think the black figure is a "ghost" in the usually meaning of the word.

Did you or your friend feel threatened by the figure?

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Very interesting story, thanks for sharing!

I had a moment in my life as well that my family was experiencing poltergeists, strange whispering in our ears, sometimes threatning things or garbled voices, we had objects move and disapear, etc.

More recently, I was living in an apartment that was most likely haunted, poltergeist could often be heard banging on the walls, my neighbor was experiencing the poltergeist as well, once she was showering and then the light fixture in the bathroom just smashed down like someone ripped it off!

My brother has seen a strange figure that took the shape of me, I saw an orange figure come at me, it was fairly faint but could definitly see it, also girlfriends of my brothers have seen stuff there.

I have some more stories as well but I wont HiJack your thread.

Again thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
BY ALL MEANS HIJACK IT!!!

I want to hear everyones stories this is suddenly a very interesting subject to me.

AMUK: My friend just said he was startled, as for me i was startled. But i felt a starnge feeling...im not sure if i was threatened really...it was just strange. I was actually rather interested because it seemed as if he was watching me...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is sorta long, so bear with me. I have experience things like this and not sure if it is a poltergeist or whatever. My family built a house when I was 16. A very nice, large house and Mom and Dad were very proud of it.

The house was never *right*. It was for lack of a better description, a negative place. Even my very down to earth mother feels that the house is a place of unhappiness. The last two families I know of, have divorced while living there. No one ever seems to be happy there.

Ok, background over. When I was living there, it wasn't a scary feeling to the house, but just like you were never really alone. It creaked and had footsteps upstairs ect; Nothing big. The really interesting stuff happened to me after Dad died(emphysema at age 48) I was 21. I moved back home for 6 months so Mom wouldn't be alone.

My touch lamp also came on in the middle of the night quite often. I heard someone knock at my door loudly, enough to wake me up. Lots of strange dreams. One where my Dad came to me crying telling me to leave my boyfriend of 6 years. The boyfriend he had liked just fine and was close enough to our family to drive the family car at Dad's funeral. What I didn't know was that my boyfriend, also had a GIRLFRIEND. In the dream, Dad kept saying over and over, he was bad and to leave him. Very distraught. I also had dreams of that awful crushing black force on top of me, where only the Lord's prayer would make it stop

Fast forward to today. I have two children. There are still things that happen in this house, which has no relation to my parents house(which was sold in the early 90's) I have heard a male voice in my kids room when they were infants. Clearly speaking, in the bass of a male, but I couldn't make out words. I saw a man standing on my stairwell landing twice, out of the corner of my eye. When my son was 3, he asked me who the man was with his Grammy, I told him it was his Grandfather, he said "No, that is my friend, he talks to me".

Other things happen, though not poltergeist type. These things don't scare me as they don't seem evil. At least not most of the time.

What sort of feeling do you get when these things happen?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Based on what I've read, if it manifests itself as a black figure of any kind, that's not a good sign. Black is evil (relax......supernaturally speaking), plain and simple. Any temperature fluctuations? Any foul smells? Like I told somebody else in another thread yesterday, you might want to walk through the house with a crucifix and sprinkle holy water everywhere. If crap starts flying all over the place and doors open and shut by themselves, you know you got a problem. Nip it in the bud dude. If it is an evil spirit of some kind, it can only get worse. Maybe you could ask a clergyman to bless your house. Let him confront it. I guarantee you if that thing makes itself known to him even he'll be high-steppin' it out of there. But better him than you right?

Peace

edit: I didn't want anyone dealing the race card on me.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well, im out of the house now, i moved away for college 3 months ago. No one else in my old house ever saw what i saw, or noticed anything stra nge. It seems as though it was only me. Whatever it was evidently didnt follow me because nothing has happened in my new residence. But while i was there i did notice many temperature changes....where i suddenly get cold, but i blew them off. I still think they were just natural chills. But im not sure.

I did have 2 pastors over at my house a few days after the laptop incident. It was when i was going to get baptised, but nothing strange seemed to happen. Im still very cautious when i go back th that house to visit my family...it really did freak me out when the laptop rocketed off of me....it was an ol school one that weighs just over 8 pounds. When i go back for thanksgiving im goin to video EVERY MINUTE i am there, my family is going to think i am crazy. Since it seems something dtrange happens everytime i visit hopefully i will have some good footage soon. I want to prove this so my family does not think im crazy.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by Uber Fr0g]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Put baby powder on the floor and look for footsteps heh.
Thats what they did with a car on those train tracks where the kids died and the claim is you can see small hand prints on the car as they push it across the traintracks so you don't die like they did.

Anyway I would try to communicate with it. I don't think having any sort of fear would help if you did this though...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I noticed you said the laptop incident happened just before you were going to be Baptised.
Just prior to my Baptism I also had some strange experiences. Hearing my name in the middle of the night, knocks at the door and no one there etc. Possibly an event such as this is causing a reaction in the spiritual world, and it then manifest itself in the physical world.
On one occasion the Pastor was making one of his visits before the Baptism, and just as he finished readind a verse from the Bible, a light turned itself on. I tried to pretend and not notice, but he seemed quite startled by it.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
After reading your post i think it i safe to say that what you experienced was not a poltergeist but some kind of violent ghost
Poltergeists are known as noisy ghosts and im prety sure there has never been a documented case of a poultergeist taking on a physical manifestation
Like what Dr Love said black is said to indicate evil so some sort of vengeful spirit haunting that house?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I sure am glad to hear that someone else has a touch lamp that comes on by itself.
If a house has bad spirits is it possible for the people living in it to be ill alot?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
If a house has bad spirits is it possible for the people living in it to be ill alot?

I would say yes. People react to negative energy in different ways. Illness, both mental and physical, are not uncommon from what I've read. Has anything else strange happened or is that the extent of it?

Peace

[edit on 15-11-2005 by Dr Love]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join