It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: White House Staff to get Ethics Instruction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I found it particularly hilarious that Bush is the one who made the call, and the announcement. The headlines read "Bush Declares White House Staff Must Take Ethics Refresher" or something to that effect.

I was like, I know I didn't just read that.

Isn't this sort of like the Marquis de Sade making a public announcement that all his servants must undergo sensitivity training?

Sorry, but if you need ethics lessons, the ethics lessons probably won't help at all. Just sayin...

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

by WyrdeOne:
Sorry, but if you need ethics lessons, the ethics lessons probably won't help at all. Just sayin...

I'm thinking the same thing....not something you learn as part of a career training seminar.

IMO ethics and morality are taught/learned during the formidable years of say . . . 4 - ?

If you haven't learned between right and wrong by now . . . I don't think a refresher course is gonna do the trick.

As for public gullibility, with regards to these "jump thru the hoop"-type actions, how many times has Lucy gotten Linus to try and kick that damned ball?

[edit on 11/6/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ethics.... ha... After this session, the world may need to redefine ethics.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I did a few searches and for what it's worth here are links to:

The White House ethics manual

The Senate Ethics Committee manual *in PDF

The House of Reps Ethics Committee manual

While reading, please remain seated at all times, put your seats and trays in an upright position and be prepared for a healthy belly laugh!

Oh, the dust these must have collected.

[edit to include]
Please refrain from attempting to apply these to any election, screw-up or impropriety over the past 20-30 years . . . you'll never get past page 1 ?!

[edit on 11/6/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
I did a few searches and for what it's worth here are links to:

The White House ethics manual

The Senate Ethics Committee manual *in PDF

The House of Reps Ethics Committee manual

......Oh, the dust these must have collected.

Great links.

WyrdeOne

Isn't this sort of like the Marquis de Sade making a public announcement that all his servants must undergo sensitivity training?

Or like Ghenghis Khan sending his troops to anger management workshops.

Or like ...

This is a fun game WyrdeOne.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wow. They need to teach ethics? Maybe that was Hitler's problem! He wasn't taught ethics so he thought it was ok to commit genocide! And hey, this goes way back, I mean, Bush's Grand daddy gave millions to Hitler to help kill Jews, so maybe it isn't GWBs fault, I mean, it is historically shown that no one in his family has ethics.

<< 1   >>

join