It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inflated Prices replaced by Less Effective Fuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Remember folks, Bush relaxed the standard of fuel only a couple of weeks ago.

There are people all over the country that are now happy that gas is around 2 dollars a gallon, however THERE ARE REPORTS COMMING IN ALL OVER THE COUNTRY THAT GAS MILEAGE IS DOWN AROUND 15 %. Some of this is coming in from motorcycle riders, and we all know that know they what their bikes are capable of.

The oil companies are lowering prices for now as an outward move to appease the people, but squeezing us in an area that is kept secret. That is until intelligent people start asking questions and stop taking things for face value.

I think this is related to the legislation Bush passed a couple of weeks ago that released many of the standards of fuel in various parts of the country.

Civil war is a viable option these days. Can someone tell me something positive, or reassuring that happened in this country in the last 20 or 30 years; Something that convinces me that I am a valued citizen of this county, or benefits the general person. No one cares about us, I'm awake, and trying to get mad, but I usually just get laughed at by anyone I speak these things to.

Good job big oil (sure your reading this now, someone paid heftily to spy on the message boards, so that they know exactly what we’re all AFRAID of ) but your time is running out, and you know it better than any of us down here. That’s precisely why all of this is going on, and it will continue until we demand more accountability from our so called leaders

I feel the very first blatant event that should have woken society up, but didn't, was JFK's assignation. Since then the shades have been drawn, and nobody can put this puzzle together.

Widespread wholesale government change is our only way into a new world. Otherwise we are all slaves of a powerful regime, worse to Hitler’s in every way. At least he was doing his bidding out in the open. Nowadays the complexity of the world conceals the movers and shakers of this power struggle.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by shixta]
Mod edit: removed all caps portion of title

[edit on 12/21/2005 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I wouldn't put it passed them. Yesterday the light came on in my vehicle and when I checked the owners manual it stated that the fuel may have water, the gas cap is not on securely or that the fuel is not good. I eliminated that the fuel cap is not the issue. It made me wonder and now wondering more.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I enter my fuel data on my PDA. My fuel average has been steady. No big changes yet.

This time of year we switch to a "Winter blend". I suppose fuel mileage in some vehicles might vary because of that. It should return to normal mileage when the temperatures drop?

I'll see soon what my last tankful did for me.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Gas mile averages
Let’s just ask people to tell us their experiences here.

Over the last year or so, my Nissan Pathfinder would average about 320 to 345 per tank, 18 or 19 gallon tank. That’s between 17 and 18 miles a gallon.

Now I’m only getting about 275 to 295 miles per tank, and even a greater attempt to accelerate slowly, and staying around 60, I can’t squeeze any more than that. That’s close to 14 miles per gallon.

At any give instant, just when I start to a hold on life, oops there goes the car. All my money is gone just like that. Now that gas prices are up, and or fuel quality is poor, forget about it. Having a car has been the single biggest handy cap in my life, but I live in a very spaced out city, and to get anything done without a car is unthinkable.

I’m already a slave to whatever system we have in place here, and as I said earlier, people don’t get it. My parents for instance, are just sleep walking through existence, and any thoughts of there being any problems with oil or the world and government in general are scoffed at. They think everything is lock and key the whole way through for everyone’s best interests at hand.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
When California introduced MTBE into gasoline - a formulation that supposedly burned cleaner thereby helping the environment - I noticed that both our cars had a 10% gas mileage drop.

Kinda struck me funny that burning more fuel that burns only slightly cleaner than the old fuel was supposed to help the environment.

Seems like the only thing that happened - besides enriching the oil companies - was that the MTBE and God knows what else aided in emulsifying water into the fuel.
One of big oils favorite deals to be sure . . . charge more for a cheaper product that will be consumed more rapidly . . . ad infinitum....

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Count yourselves lucky guys, we went over to the unleaded fuel in the mid 1980's by law and the cocktail we get served up is not good (and apparantly the lead replacement stuff is worse).

If you don't drive your vehicle for a few weeks and it has carbs the gas can evaporate leaving residues which can leave your carb(s) ruined. Permanently.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
When I mentioned this people laughed it off as a ridiculous theory. Now I am no expert nor do I have any specifics but I too have noticed my petrol gauge is lower sooner than normal and I am not driving differently, driving different routes nor doing anything unusual. I used to be able to top up a 70 litre tank and drive on it for at least 2 weeks and now I find I am having to fill up more frequently, a full tank only lasts a week and some change now.
And driving a twin turbo straight 6 Lexus at these fuel prices is getting out of hand, as good as she is on petrol I really have no choice but to sell my baby
especially if this is indeed true

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I haven't noticed a difference yet. I still seem to be getting about 30 - 35 mpg. The prices go up and down, yet the amount of miles I can get to a tank have remained the same. I fill up almost twice a week, so I would have noticed a 15% change for sure. From personal experience I think this is just urban legend.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I haven't noticed a difference yet. I still seem to be getting about 30 - 35 mpg. The prices go up and down, yet the amount of miles I can get to a tank have remained the same. I fill up almost twice a week, so I would have noticed a 15% change for sure. From personal experience I think this is just urban legend.

It's an urban legend that low quality fuel lowers efficiency? Or that Bush lowered the quality standards? Maybe this is just a regional problem

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by shixta
Remember folks, Bush relaxed the standard of fuel only a couple of weeks ago.

There are people all over the country that are now happy that gas is around 2 dollars a gallon, however THERE ARE REPORTS COMMING IN ALL OVER THE COUNTRY THAT GAS MILEAGE IS DOWN AROUND 15 %. Some of this is coming in from motorcycle riders, and we all know that know they what their bikes are capable of.

Please provide sources! I cannot find a single account online confirming this. I did a miniscule amount of research on the "standard of fuel" relaxation and from what I can see, it's nothing to do with gas quality. It's a standard applied to automobile manufacturers requiring minimum MPG on new vehicles, starting on the 2008 models.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I am not necessarily saying it is happening, but that we shouldn't turn our minds away from the fact that it COULD be happening, and without a thread of this nature, I am trying to gather some results. If it was taking place, we could go a long way before anyone found out anything about it.

We must keep in mind that the people controlling us are smart, and it would be unlikely that they would trick us all at once. They would probably randomly select which state or county gets ripped of this week, and then return to normal just to do it again in a new location the next. Squeeze a little here, then a little there, and back again.

Look I don't know a damn thing other than I am paying over 10 cents a mile to drive and it didn't used to be that way. My vehicle has had tune ups, and I've seen improvement, but after this latest reduction in prices, I am definitely seeing noticeable reduction in performance. There are a million reasons that this could be the case, but for now I'm just putting this ideas out there to be tested for correctness because more than a couple brought it to my attention first.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by shixta
I am not necessarily saying it is happening, but that we shouldn't turn our minds away from the fact that it COULD be happening, and without a thread of this nature, I am trying to gather some results. If it was taking place, we could go a long way before anyone found out anything about it.

I didn't intend to call you a liar, I just wanted to know your source for this:

THERE ARE REPORTS COMMING IN ALL OVER THE COUNTRY THAT GAS MILEAGE IS DOWN AROUND 15 %. Some of this is coming in from motorcycle riders, and we all know that know they what their bikes are capable of.

I personally haven't experienced any loss in gas mileage in my good old 99 Civic, so I wanted to see where in the country these accounts were coming from. Can you provide a source or is this just something you heard through the grapevine?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I took no insult by your comments, I'm just reaching for some more data on the situation.

My posts just generally revolve around speculation because I feel there are currents running through this country that are evil and greedy in nature. These currents are affecting my life and yours, and I seek to open the doorway of discovery about the mega rich, and what they really intend to do with world record profits in oil when so many are suffering as a result of it's cost.

There's not even a need for it (oil I mean), and if we can awaken enough free thinking entrepreneurs, oil will shortly be a thing of the past. I think big oil recognizes this and they are in high gear devising ways to raise the perceived value of a "limited" resource. The quotations here suggest that I believe oil to be of limitless quantity within the Earth. The entire peak oil thing is a lie, in my opinion. There's no way that oil is from dead dinosaurs, come on, really. It is a biological product of our living earth, and oil fields once thought to be almost empty are refilling themselves.

The ideas I bring forward have enough behind them to need further information, and I'm happy to have done something that will attempt to shed light on the truest of situations.

I can't go into direct statements, but I started feeling that things were amiss a while back. Since then, the world events have confirmed many of my deepest fears. I don't know what to do about it as I have no political clout, as I'm fairly confident you don't either, but throwing ideas around is what I enjoy most. Something far greater is going on in this world than many are willing to openly admit, and personal sources dealing in specialties of topics also guide me in what I think to be possible. It is rare for me to say anything exact, as language is inaccurate to begin with.

My own approach to thought revolves around the possibilities, and potentialities of any giving situation, and I think this gas thing is too misunderstood for definitive statements to be made. Nobody knows anything really!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
I wouldn't put it passed them. Yesterday the light came on in my vehicle and when I checked the owners manual it stated that the fuel may have water, the gas cap is not on securely or that the fuel is not good. I eliminated that the fuel cap is not the issue. It made me wonder and now wondering more.

That's sounds like what happened to my dad and his car. Was it the "Service engine soon" light? Dad read about the gas cap not being on good as the cause. Is this why gas is less than $2 a gallon where I live, crappy gas?

Troy

[edit on 10-11-2005 by cybertroy]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You

Oxygen sensor. Fuel filter.

I have had the same problems. Very common thing nowadays... caused by bad fuel too.....

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
One of the reasons that gas is as expensive as it is is that there are a jillion gasoline formulas for various areas and the gas that is sold in one state cannot be sold in another state. The relaxing of standards means that the gas companies have fewer impediments to providing gasoline to all regions during a supply crisis. You can buy gas additives anywhere that will compensate for whatever you feel you are missing.

enviro.blr.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2005/11/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Poor quality fuel can have a detrimental effect on your fuel injectors. That happened up near Milwaukee not too long ago. Some bad gas got into distribution and gummed up a bunch of peoples fuel injectors.

If you are getting fewer miles per gallon I would think that your car probably needs a tune up before I would blame the gas.

Modern engines are neat, you can go a lot longer between tune ups than you used to be able to, but you still need them

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Oxygenated blend ('winter gasoline') does give lower fuel mileage.

This isn't unusual or new: you are paying for additional oxygen molecules in the chemicals in the fuel which otherwise you would get free from the atmosphere.

The reason for this is better emissions in the winter: less smog. It does work that way.

Also, in winter and colder temperatures, your engine will generally work less efficiently, and because of weather there is often more rain (slip) and snow as well as your tires having less grip. Furthermore, your car engine is programmed to burn more richly (using more fuel) when it is first started up until it reaches the proper temperature---this is to get the catalytic converter hot enough. When it is cold out, this takes longer, and you spend more fuel doing so.

All of this leads to lower fuel efficiency.

But, overall, there is a larger longer term factor. Global peak oil is probably still a few years away---but we are almost definitely reaching peak sweet oil right now.

In oil jargon, sweet oil is oil which doesn't have much sulfur, and hence is easier and cheaper to refine than sour oil (high sulfur oil, which also makes more smog). Obviously people use the sweet oil first since it's better. Almost all the supposed "extra capacity" of Saudi Arabia is in nasty sour oil.

It's probably likely that refineries here have had to go to more and more sour crudes because the quality of input oil has been going down. It could easily be that the refined product hence is not as good or as precisely calibrated for modern car engines.

That will continue to happen.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Try using Acetone added to fuel .... it's a mix on gasoline engines of 1 to 3 oz. for every ten(10) US gallons ... on diesel engines 1 oz. per 10 gallons.

The closest to perfect for my 02 Hundai Accent is 1.5 oz. per 10 gallons. With it my hp increases mileage goes to about 43 mpg and runs smoother, without it I can't make it up our local hill without putting my foot to the floor and get 36 mpg driving like a grandma.

There are drawbacks though as I found out acetone dosen't react well with car paint so BE CAREFUL when putting it in your fuel tank, always measure acetone in a glass or nonreactive(nonmelting) container, your car's insides will handle this little bit of acetone but please do not think that your car will run on pure acetone, if you have worn rings or valve guides you may use more oil because acetone reacts with the gasoline to help atomize it... which cleans your intake manifold and cylinder walls of hardened oil.

There is more info on the web about using acetone as a fuel 'additive'.

top topics

join