It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas evolution vote nears, scientists fight back

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Interesting one of a kind I see not only on your believes both also in your own perspective about ID.

I live in GA southern baptist ground, and religion is already very well embedded into our schools not need to ask for courts around here.

Also If you are so well endowed in your knowledge about evolution you should know that evolution was considered a fact until advocates for creationism decided to challenge it and making it into a theory.

So they could push their theory as well.

Now your views of ID are very conflicting with the views of the ID that is been push into the school curriculum giving ID a bad name when it comes to pushing religion in schools.

Here in my neck of the woods evolution is even by pass in high school without even asking parents permission.

You version of ID sound more interesting than the one that is been advertised for schools I have to give you that much.

Still is not what advocates of ID wants for the curriculum.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well the votes in 6-4 in favor of the standards favoring ID.

cnn

TOPEKA, Kansas (AP) -- At the risk of re-igniting the same heated nationwide debate it sparked six years ago, the Kansas Board of Education approved new public school science standards Tuesday that cast doubt on the theory of evolution.

The 6-4 vote was a victory for "intelligent design" advocates who helped draft the standards. Intelligent design holds that the universe is so complex that it must have been created by a higher power.

I haven't been looking at this case so much as the pennsylvania one. This is simply changing the school standards by a state board of education. However the pennsylvainia case is being brought before a judge and a court of law.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well there you have it science will become an alternative when it comes to evolution and ID will be a requirement occurs with embedded religious connotations as was intended by religious pushers.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This is extremely depressing. It was a very close vote, 6-4. All the 6 were Republicans as well. Don't they realise that they just made themselves a laughing stock throughout the world?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Cool, now Kansas kids won't be competing with the rest of the country in the competetive college entrance market. A loss for kansas, but a win for the rest of the US.
Besides, someone's gotta run the slushy machines right??!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Oooh, ooh, but all the idiots in charge of the Dover school board (all pro-ID) were voted off it yesterday! Wheeee! Signs of sanity! Here's the link: www.pandasthumb.org...

[edit on 9-11-2005 by Darkmind]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Cool, now Kansas kids won't be competing with the rest of the country in the competitive college entrance market.

Hey is always Christian colleges to take them in occurs the worst disadvantage is that they will never be able to success in science related majors like biology after all the base of biology is evolution.

Pity

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistance
Charley -- I don't care if CNN came up with the title. CNN hates Christians. CNN's owner Ted Turner believes the world is overpopulated and needs to be thinned and culled by at least three-quarters. He's Illuminati.

The title is bigoted and misleading -- just what you might expect from CNN.
I think the title needs to be changed.

wow, libel, now that's classy

Originally posted by resistance
Zip -- As I said, if people want to teach their kids evolution in their own schools, that's their business. Just don't make me pay for it. I am a Christian, and I don't believe atoms have godlike properties, don't believe they are self-existant, don't believe they can create planets and stars and all the living beings.

I worship God, not the atom.

I do not believe we are animals who evolved up from the slime, just an accident, and since we're just animals we might as well act like animals.

People want to teach their kids that kind of stuff? I think it's child abuse myself, but who am I to tell someone what they can and can't teach their own children? I might tell them what I think but ultimately they have the right to make that decision.

Just don't make me pay for it. We have a first Amendment that's supposed to protect us from that kind of abomination.

the first ammendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

where in there does it protect you from the "abomination" that everyone else calls science?

does it not say that the government can't write laws concerning religon? so they have to go on science, which is not based on any religion.

now, you have the right to homeschool your children, so you don't have to subject them to evolution. also, without public education the nation would be in shambles.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join