It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Gnostics/Esoterics/Kabbalah/Jesus...a sin?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I listen to a lot of misc media on Kabbalah/Esoteric and some gnostics online and I was listening to a media series off emule by a man of the name Chuck Missler and as he was reviewing the various truths and beliefs of the Kabbalah he also made the point it is considered a sin to fill yourself with such knowledge. He spoke further on how people were killed in the old ages of practice of anything of the sort of God truths or uncovering God's secrets. I wonder if this in deed is considered a sin? Of course by various religions. I think Chuck Missler was reffering to the Torah/Old Testament as being a sin. He also went on to say numerology is considered a sin as well or at least was. Any ideas?

Also in relation of the above I am curious why Judaism doesn't belive in Jesus Christ as Son of God? Also I have read small bits that Jesus never intended for his teachings to become a religion? Any ideas on this thought? I would think that if Jesus was in deed just a man that uncovered truths of God he would fall in the same category as above. Please fill me in, as I am going off small bits and pieces I have found.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by japike]




posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
Chuck Missler and as he was reviewing the various truths and beliefs of the Kabbalah he also made the point it is considered a sin to fill yourself with such knowledge.


Ignorance is bliss eh? If there were a god, why would he give us curiosity and intellect, and then deem it evil to use those things? Telling people not to inquire or not to think is a way for people to control people. A god would have no need for such silliness.


Originally posted by japike
Also in relation of the above I am curious why Judaism doesn't belive in Jesus Christ as Son of God?


Because the son of god concept is foreign to Judaism, and Jesus fulfilled none of the messianic prophecies (assuming he were fleshy historical human).


Originally posted by japike
Also I have read small bits that Jesus never intended for his teachings to become a religion?


What makes you think he is more than a fictional character?



posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
he was reviewing the various truths and beliefs of the Kabbalah he also made the point it is considered a sin to fill yourself with such knowledge.


"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." - Jesus

It is only through Gnosis, knowledge through direct experience, that we can become free.



posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yes I don't know enough about Jesus to really say. I do find it very very interesting the jews just think he was just a Jew. Also the legend of Orion which I think is from before Jesus is the same story and like I said in another thread in Egypt they had a story like Jesus's story.

I am so curious if we actually have master to our domain. Domain as in soul. Cause I have read and seen so much weird crap it really makes you think. I wonder if under practice/ritual you can obtain god like powers. It seems faith can be towards anything ya know. If we all think something will die maybe it will. Kinda like power of prayer get what I;m saying? It all relates to magic,etc etc I guess there is no real way to find out except explore no?

Oh I should mention in The Book of Thomas there was mention if you figure this out you will not suffer death? Anyone care to translate that?

Furthermore I find it very interesting that the brain's pineal gland holds and releases '___' on; birth,death and dreaming. Seems like we can learn or do something from this.



posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
Please fill me in, as I am going off small bits and pieces I have found.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by japike]


Chuck Missler is someone who can be trusted. Have you ever read the Bible? That is where I would start, NT then Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclisiastes, Genesis and the rest.



posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
Oh I should mention in The Book of Thomas there was mention if you figure this out you will not suffer death? Anyone care to translate that?


"Whoever finds the interpretation of these sayings shall not taste death." - Yeshua (Jesus), The Gospel of Thomas

No one can translate that for you.

[edit on 6/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]



posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
Also the legend of Orion which I think is from before Jesus..


FYI, I think you meant Osiris.


Originally posted by japike
I wonder if under practice/ritual you can obtain god like powers. It seems faith can be towards anything ya know. If we all think something will die maybe it will.


Why not try an experiment and see rather than simply speculate? But if you do, and nothing happens, will you let the mystical thinking go?



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join