It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran not attacking any countries.(Israel included)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Like I said before, politicians say the most stupid things in television and ends up having to correct their statements after some time later. This goes for Iran President Ahmadinejad's statement about wiping Israel off the map. The supreme leader of Iran Ayahtollah Ali Khamenei has corrected Ahmadinejad's controversial statement during Eid Al-fitr Prayers.

Supreme Leader Vows Iran Will Not Attack Any Countries

TEHRAN (AFP) - Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, vowed that Iran would not attack any countries despite president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's recent call for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

"We will not commit aggression towards any nations; we will not breach any nation's rights anywhere in the world," said Khamenei in a sermon broadcast live on state media on Eid al-Fitr, which marks the end of Islam's fasting month of Ramadan.

"But if the power seekers of the world -- out of habit -- want to infringe our nation's rights, it will not tolerate oppression by anyone or any powers," he said during the prayers attended by top officials and thousands of the faithful.

Eid al-Fitr falls on the 26th anniversary of the 1979 US embassy takeover in Tehran, which Khamenei went on to sanction as the "symbol of Iranian nation's oppression."

The compound, dubbed the "Den of Spies" was seized after the 1979 Islamic revolution toppled the Washington-backed shah.

It seems the Iran isn't going to attack anyone after all. Hopefully, his words are true and sincere this time.

NR

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
yeah dude, Ahmadinejad actually said that to make his presidential election better and for more publicity. Khomenei didn't even know anything about it until he got calls from like 40 embassys
. But trust me no country on earth would be stupid enough to go to war and the I.R. has survived for like the past 27 years i'm sure they wouldn't even think of it. We have too many contracts with Russia and China to lose such things.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
NR, since Ahmadinejad is one of the student radicals and organizers of the Revolution, are statements like this seen as being in line with his 'ol Revolutionary days?

How much does it undermine him to have the Supreme Leader contradict him, or at best 'clarify' what he said? Also, what is it seen as, a contradiction of him or a clarification? I mean, I'd think that he must still be a radical no? Lots of Old hippie radicals from the 50's and 60's in the US are still very much in the far left of the political spectrum, so Ahmadinejad probably still is right?

That brings up another question, lots of old radicals in the US are still the same, but there was also a phenomenon wherein as they got older, they completely reveresed their politics, (cf Dennis Miller). Was the same true of the student radicals from the revolution?

new topics

join