It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

murolceS odrO suvoN sitpeoC tiunnA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
(please note this post is about the hidden message in the phrase and also about virgil and has nothing to do with the dollar bill so please don't delete/lock me) Thanks just trying to do research

murolceS odrO suvoN sitpeoC tiunnA
or
NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM ANNUIT COEPTIS
backwards

The original phrase was written by Virgil a man known to use hidden meanings. Going by that and what the bible code says I wonder what to read in reverse?
1776?
sevteen seventy six?
Independence Day?
NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM?
ANNUIT COEPTIS?

On another board someone had posted one of the bible code being:
go backwards with the letters

So I am hitting this at multiple angles. Anyway If you remember me mentioning a while back the above phrases orinated from Virgil which was belived he used dual/hidden meanings. I am curious where this may end up.

Anyone know what languge the original is in? I belive Latin.
Also I did a google search of the phrase reversed and pulled up an old Styx song that ref. the Devil. I am assuming the song was out before the bible code so where did they get it from?

Lyrics:
www.seeklyrics.com...

Virgil:
en.wikipedia.org...

Also in the lyrics it as written "murolceS odrO suvoN sitpeoC tiunnA"
I see they high lighting those letters for some reason?
SONCA?
or
ACNOS?
Any idea the meaning behind this? Language? Translation? Etc?

[edit on 5-11-2005 by japike]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Put down the turntable and back away from the LP slowly...

Wow, that's a dated music reference. From my day, even

Yes it's Latin, meaning "A New Order for the Ages" and "Providence has Favored Our Undertakings", more or less. Both mottos on the Great Seal of the United States, of course.

No conspiracy here. It's simply the mottos in reverse as part of the song. Much like ELO did with "the music is reversible" in "Fire on High". The capital letters are simply the first letters of the individual words.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by japike
Any idea the meaning behind this? Language? Translation? Etc?

Maybe given the second anagram it was an artistic way to express how he feels about the government, i.e. if Satan rules our rulers, then both anagrams can be reasonably accounted for. There are lots of people who feel that way, and musicians - especially 80's "metal" musicians - had the whole fight the system thing going...

Maybe the guy who wrote the lyrics was a conspiracy theorist?

Or it could just be whoever posted the lyrics to that song just did it to make people go "huh?!"

Who listens to Styx anymore anyway?

[edit on 11/5/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The virgil connexion is, apparently.
www.greatseal.com...
www.greatseal.com...

Eclogue IV, the pastoral poem that expresses the longing of the world for a new era of peace and happiness.

"Magnus ab integro seclorum nascitur ordo."

Virgil's line has been translated in different ways, including:
The great series of ages begins anew.
The ages' mighty march begins anew.
A mighty order of ages is born anew.
The majestic roll of circling centuries begins anew.

Georgics, the evocative instructional manual for farmers:

"Da facilem cursum, atque audacibus annue cœptis."

Virgil's line has been translated in different ways, including:
Give me an easy course, and favor my daring undertakings.
Smooth my path, condone this enterprise of bold experiment.

Which doesn't strictly suggest that the guy who suggested the phrase, Thompson, was necessarily thinking of Virgil or doing it in some virgil tradition.

The wikipage on virgil notes that a man named Jean-Yves Maleuvre thinks that Virgil was writting in code.

From here it looks like the 'secret message' concerns dido:

I study his Aeneid from a different, not common, point of view: "double writing" system by French Prof. Jean-Yves Maleuvre.

According to this theory, Virgil was a fierce opponent of Emperor Augustus.

By this reason, he disappointed Augustus expectations about Aeneas heroism, and he secretly built his Poem around Dido's character (I call this "Didocentrism" in Virgil's Work).

Actually, this page goes into some good detail on virgil and the motto:

In 1782, the year of the eighteenth centenary of Vergil's death, Congress approved the design of the official seal. One of the consultants to the committee that drew up the seal was Charles Thomson, Secretary of Congress, who had been a teacher of Latin in Philadelphia. The seal (now on the obverse of the dollar bill), contains three Vergilian tags: "annuit coeptis" (adapted from Aen. 9.625 and Georg. 1.40: "audacibus adnue coeptis"); "novus ordo seclorum (adapted from Ecl. 4.5: "magnus ab integro saeclorum nascitur ordo"), and "e pluribus unum" (adapted from Moretum 103: "color est e pluribus unus").

And, intruigingly:

However, the motto "e pluribus unum" appears to have been taken over, not from the Moretum directly, but from the legend on the title page of the British "Gentleman's Magazine", popular on this side of the Atlantic

This is interesting insofar as the early american masons, derisively termed the 'moderns' by the 'ancient' masons (who called themselves that because they felt that they were more true to the 'original egalitarian intent'), were very much fans of these sorts of magazines and this one in particular was a 'big one'.

As far as the term written backwords, its not latin, or anything, its gibberish. It seems to only exist in reference to the band styx, and there it seems to be nothign other than latching onto the idea that metal music backwards has satanic messages, such as the 'obvious'

Sterces eht sdloh natas

which occurs in the same song, apparently.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There are a couple of things to remember about this album...

One it was a rock opera..... in a Orwell's 1984ish fashion....

and second

It was composed about the time "backmasking" was really coming to light....and alot of bands had already been accused of "backmasking" so some had some fun with it.

en.wikipedia.org...

With those two things in mind...it would not suprise me for them to backmask Annuit Coeptis Novus Seclorum in keeping with the theme of the album while poking fun at the "consipracy" people.

That being said Iron Maiden had backmasked on the album Piece of Mind "Don't mess with things you don't understand" prior to the track "Still Life". This is yet another example of people "stirring the pot" and poking fun.

So I really don't think there is much conspiracy here....unless it's a conspiracy to instigate conspiracy

Oh and yes Axe I still listen to Styx...and no I don't have a mullett

Anymore that is.....

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

Who listens to Styx anymore anyway?

I've been listening to Styx since 1975.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Ok, thats funny. The patient and scholarly ML with this poster on his wall

next to his stacks of academic tomes!

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
ANNUIT COEPTIS NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM
COVETOUS INSULT UPON MASONIC ORDER

M UROLCES = CLOSURE
A NNUIT
S ITPEOC = POETIC
O + DRO = DOOR
N OVUS

POETIC+DOOR+CLOSURE = OCCULT SOIREE + DROOP
ANNUIT+DROOP+NOVUS = INNOVATOR SOUND UP

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

At the risk of a one-liner warn: WTF?

Maybe adding a second meaningless sentance will appease the one-line police?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan

Actually, E Pluribus Unum spelled backwards translates to Munu Subirulp E which is ancient Arabic translates to, "Inscribed on Prophet", the next clue.

top topics

join