It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mud Womp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I live in central florida around a lot of heavy woods and swamps. All of the old men and women in the area swear of a creature that sounds like big foot called a mud womp. Has anyone heard of this or does everyone have stories of big foot like creatures just with different names

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
most of the ape like creatures are similiar to bigfoot. There are ones called Abominable swamp slob, Abominable snowman, yeti, sasquatch and, Almas and pegleg bigfoot.

i never heard of the Mud womp

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Maybe this "Mud Womp" is another name for the Skunkape. The Skunkape is Florida's Bigfoot-type creature. It's reportedly been seen in swamp areas. There are even alleged photos of this creature which can be found right here on ATS. I think there is a semi-active thread with a supposed Skunkape photo in it. Just do a search with ATS' dreaded search "engine", for lack of a better term! It's more like ATS' search engine powered by a hamster running on a wheel!

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I did a google image search for skunk ape and found this picture:
ftrgallery.us...
It looks like something you'd think of when you hear the word mud womp.
And yes it's obviously fake.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by Technical]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
that thing looks like some sort of dryer lint monster!

Anyway, here's a link to the thread with the alleged Skunkape photo that I was talking about.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Thanks like i said it is something all the elders in this area swear about and all have stories of seeing it

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think the creature you are referring to is actually known as the MUGWUMP. This creature closely resembles the bigfoot, but is found in the more arid climates of southern canadas west coast.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
When I read "mud womp" I immediately pictured two bikini clad college girls, a kiddy pool and a bunch of drunk frat guys...imagine my disappointment when I realised you were actually talking about a big, smelly, hairy, over-grown ape...now I think of it, there's quite alot of mud womps in this town

new topics

top topics

join