It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terminating Food !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hoorah its here ! The slow painful death of the seed !

The terminator patent is now ok in Canada. But what is it you say? Well this article will explain.

I cut off the short continuation. The next page basically goes on to mention how they say its nothing to worry about, its much like how hybrid crop seed will not grow well from year to year anyways... Yeah like its the same.....

I think you will understand why this is just plain wrong.

First off, I thought the goal of GM seed companies was to eleminate food shortages? Hunger? Yes they said everyone will benefit from such things. How does this help anyone but the company? You have to buy the seed every year ! How will that solve anything?

I hope nobody buys the product.

See?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I scanned the short 2nd page.

Happy days.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It’s about the weirdest apocalypse you could think of. One day, our planet may become completely overgrown with… food. And the problem is: it could happen a lot sooner than you held possible.

could this be a real threat, it sound vary possible.
read the link,

www.exitmundi.nl...

scroll down to the fourth row and ware it says yuk.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by slayerfan]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Except that would not happen with a world full of these plants.

And that website is just plain stupid.

Laughable at best.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think mesing with our food supply could be a bad thing. ho knows what the long term affects of mesing with natuere are?

and I love that site

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I used to live in a VERY agriculture based state. The biggest debate was always bio-eng food and growth hormones for cattle.

This really can't be a good thing can it? I mean evolution of plants and animals happen for a reason right? They evolve into the best possible whatever they are. The bad traits are evolved out, right?

Then what can our scientists do that nature hasn't.

What happens when they bio-engineer a mutant corn stalk that only reveals itself 20 years after being engineered. Then when we finally see that the corn stalk can eat us...its to late.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
What is behind this is to give control to Agri-business. Those who don't cooperate and grow what they're told, have no other source for seed. Any that they tried to save is sterile. No one else can come in a grow unless they go along with who has the seeds that grow. If you're interested in growing a garden ever, the time to start saving seed is now.
There are some good heirloom seed banks online at this time and they are a good source of original strains and some you've probably never heard of before.
The small home gardener or hobby gardener will be left out in the cold. Agri-business will be king.

top topics

join