It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Waste of bandwidth?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
hello. This is knida directed at the ats staff, but if any member would like to comment, go ahead.

The "Department of Boardland Sanity Cyber-Drama Threat Level Alert System" bar at the bottom of the index is hardly ever used anymore. Shouldn't we remove it? Is it a waste of bandwidth?

-JARED




posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't know but you may have just triggered it with this thread.



posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I was just thinking, with the ats TV show coming soon, I'd think we need to conserve it.

-J



posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The Boardland Drama System is a very minor yet comical use of processing power as opposed to bandwidth.

But don't worry, we will be packing some major power when need be!



posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Honestly I don't think it takes much bandwidth, it just links to a thread, but I'm sure all the staff members appreciate the fact that you are thinking of ways to better ATS.


Edit: looks like Simon got it.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by kinglizard]



posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
But don't worry, we will be packing some major power when need be!



lol...im guessing SO has a little something specail in his server rack.



posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
The Boardland Drama System is a very minor yet comical use of processing power as opposed to bandwidth.

But don't worry, we will be packing some major power when need be!


Comical? Major? Power?

Now that's an interesting thought.


The General will be amused indeed.

Dismissed.



posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows

Originally posted by SimonGray
But don't worry, we will be packing some major power when need be!



lol...im guessing SO has a little something specail in his server rack.


Look! YOU caused it to be raised!
Oh the HUMANITY!!!

Springer...



posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Here is the question I have for you folks.

If someone posts a thread talking about "WASTING BANDWIDTH" and then a lot of people (myself included) respond to the said thread, hasn't that in itself wasted bandwidth by transferring all comments, making this thread a self fulfilling prophecy of wasted bandwidth?

Just wondering

[edit on 4-11-2005 by One Man Short of Manhood]



posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   


Board Drama Is On High

*member runs for cover*



posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
Here is the question I have for you folks.

If someone posts a thread talking about "WASTING BANDWIDTH" and then a lot of people (myself included) respond to the said thread, hasn't that in itself wasted bandwidth by transferring all comments, making this thread a self fulfilling prophecy of wasted bandwidth?



Well then ..hmm that is a Major Quandary



[edit on 5-11-2005 by Mayet]



posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think that it would be good just to clean up the board for people with slower computers.

The thing we should just be more concerned about the cleanliness of the boards themselves. Like close up and dispose of those "UFO show starting in 10 minutes on Discovery Channel" type threads and all those other show reminders. They are annoying and serve little to the website.

GoldEagle



posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
In the interest of saving bandwidth, everyone posting after this will be summarily banned.



posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
In the interest of saving bandwidth, everyone posting after this will be summarily banned.


I just figured I would test this theory out and see if I would get banned or anything.

Hmmm...everything seems to be ok.

So far so good.

Although I guess it isnt like they could actually BAN me in mid post or any........



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Whew......I stumbled across this old thread and all I can say is that I sure am relieved. Somehow, ATS survived the big bandwidth shortage of '05.

If another such 'bandwidth crisis' ever does manifest itself again they can always this thread and I'm sure all will be good.



posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Whew......I stumbled across this old thread and all I can say is that I sure am relieved. Somehow, ATS survived the big bandwidth shortage of '05.


My high-speed connection was acting like a slightly less high-speed connection. It was TERRIBLE! I'm so glad those days are over.





top topics



 
0

log in

join