It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Moon Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This astounding footage was shot when Apollo 13 was in orbit around the moon. Notice the smokestack and a gas cloud emerge from it.

shadowboxent.brinkster.net...

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It is not zoomed in enough to tell what it is.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It really just looks like a black line to me. Find a nice clear quality picture of the base zoomed in please. It will be extremly hard to find one but i think you can.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Doesnt look like much to me, either.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 02:20 AM
link   
There was a thread about this a week or so ago in the aliens section. Its certainly not much to go by, but there are many reports of an alien moon base. This anomaly is one of the smaller/insignificant ones on the moon.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
It is not zoomed in enough to tell what it is.

Isn't that strange we have the technology to have satellites that can zoom SUPPER up close to earth yet we really dont' even have any good decent close up pictures of the moon that I have seen....

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PowerToThePeople

Dude, the distance between the surface and low earth orbit is far, far less than it is from the surface to the moon.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Isn't that strange we have the technology to have satellites that can zoom SUPPER up close to earth yet we really dont' even have any good decent close up pictures of the moon that I have seen....

We also have billions of reasons to eyeball the earth. Crops, weather, snowpack, smoke, infinite number of variables affecting billions of lives.

Whereas the moon is an inert ball of dust with nothing happening. Not unlike the town I live in.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I was looking at this earlier today and it seems this was originally aired on some footage from a programme titled "NOVA To the Moon".

Apparently it is a series of frames put together from Apollo 8 images.

It is difficult identifying which frames have been used the nearest comparison I can make are AS08-14-2389 to AS08-14-2395 any combination of which could have been used if they were cropped to exclude the frame of the viewing port.

These images can be ordered from here:

Source

What you see at LPI though are essentially thumbnails so hi-res copies have to be ordered.
Of course there is always an element of doubt whether these are the frames in question but I intend to find out in the next couple of weeks

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
that's where the kennedy's have been hiding ! I wonder if bob marley is there too.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
i'm guessing the wierd thing on the moon is a some sort of artificial cload, or natural cload, either on........

what ever it is, it shouldn't be there by what we think we know about the moon, is true fact.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

tupac is there too!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There's definitely something there. And whatever it is has quite a bit of height to it because you can see its shadow behind it. One thing that comes to mind is earth's magnetic tail. I have read before that when the moon passes through earths magnetic tail it can cause dust storms and some other strange phenomena it didn't detail.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Realistically, what advantages would be gained by setting up a military base on the moon?

The cost would be of such a great magnitude that it would FAR outweigh any possible benefit that would be gained by such an endeavor.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Researcher

Google Earth allows you to view heavenly objects, including stars, constellations, galaxies, planets and the Earth's moon.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This came up years ago on some popular Apollo Hoax internet forums. Here's a link.

Read the whole discussion or just post #7:

Well, that didn't take long now did it?

First off, that website gives an accurate representation of what was shown on the NOVA show. A black spire appears to be belching black smoke and then the smoke dissappears. There's just one little problem...

That particular sequence is of a STILL picture which the NOVA camera zooms in on, giving the appearance of movement where there is none. In other words, it has to be an artifact from the show, because it's kinda hard to have movement in a STILL picture.

Mystery solved.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The military has been conducting satellite mapping missions to the Moon, one this year. The Moon is being mapped with high accuracy and due to top level clearance of this mission, the public will never see the results.
I wonder if Mars is (or has) also been mapped by a secret military satellite mission.

top topics

join