It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethical Dilema

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I own a pug, in fact two pugs.(importance will be revealed later) This pug is a young female. We actually got her for breeding purposes. Well she has a genetic disease and her hip bone is disintegrating. So I have taken the dog to Cornell University and they are operating and remedying the hip problem. No problem yet!
In talking to the Vet we determined that Chloe had to be spayed and this could be done while the rest was being taken care of. So while the operation is being done they find that the dog is pregnant. There is mainly the fact that this defective gene may be passed on.

Do I abort the pups or not?

I can't sell the pups, so how much do I say to the futureowners?

Again if the pupies are allowed to be born, am I responsible for seeing that they are all spayed before they reach breeding age?

Help me determine the future of these pups.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
You shouldn't abort the pups, imo.

you have to inform the future owners of the pups that there maybe a hip issue. you actually don't know if she's going to pass this on but make sure you tell them that the pups may need to be "fixed".

i don't think its your responsibility to spray the pups if you are open and honest with the new owers.

just my opinion...good luck, peace.

join