It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Christians, Calling all Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A small question for your perusal.

Can you honestly say that you know that what the Bible states about God and Jesus to be the truth?

Might seem inconspicuous at first but think about it.

G

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Why do you ask such a question. What are you so worried about.

To answer your question yes I honestly beileve what the Bible states about God and Jesus; yes I believe it to be true.

Yes I thought about.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GameSetMatch
Why do you ask such a question. What are you so worried about.

To answer your question yes I honestly beileve what the Bible states about God and Jesus; yes I believe it to be true.

Yes I thought about.

(my italics)

I never asked if you believed the bible to be true. Do you KNOW the bible to be true?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
You want somebody to prove it right? Why don't you prove it wrong?

Truth is in self/Truth is in God/God is in Self you can find truth if you look within if you do not look than...

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
sigh...Semantics.

Yes, I know the Bible is true, and at the same time, that is my belief. So I can believe it and know it at the same time.

Like GameSetMatch asked, what's the point of this thread?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I walked right into that one hehe

To answer your question yes I know what the Bible states about God and Jesus are true.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by japike
You want somebody to prove it right? Why don't you prove it wrong?

Truth is in self/Truth is in God/God is in Self you can find truth if you look within if you do not look than...

Eh no I dont want to prove or disprove anything. Just a yes or no answer is all thats required. There is a point to this!

G

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Eh no I dont want to prove or disprove anything. Just a yes or no answer is all thats required. There is a point to this!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! shihulud is going to make fools of us all!

You don't want to prove or disprove anything, but there's a point to this thread that will be emerging (I'm assuming) after you have enough marks? Somehow...I'm doubtful...

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Can you honestly say that you know that what the Bible states about God and Jesus to be the truth?

In a word Yes
Just like the aethist know that the Bible / God / Jesus and any other religious figure is false.
What is your point?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ok the whole point to this question is that Christians should not be able to answer it. It is a trick question.

1) If you say yes then your lying because you really dont know if the bible is true or not, you believe it to be true. Isnt lying a sin???

2) If you say no then you are denying God which is also a sin.

No special reason for this question, just shows how [Edit] up religions can be.

Cheers all

G

Mod Edit: to remove profanity censor circumvention. Please review the T&C's of Use.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Ok the whole point to this question is that Christians should not be able to answer it. It is a trick question.

1) If you say yes then your lying because you really dont know if the bible is true or not, you believe it to be true. Isnt lying a sin???

2) If you say no then you are denying God which is also a sin.

No special reason for this question, just shows how [Edit] up religions can be.

Cheers all

G

Mod Edit: to remove profanity censor circumvention. Please review the T&C's of Use.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by kinglizard]

the very same answer can be applied to your belief / non-belief.
Your response demonstrates on just how weak that belief is when you so vainly attempt to "show" your superiority.

Well, you have proven your ignorance good job

[edit on 4-11-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Here's a better question;

Do you know anything to be true? If so, how?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
the very same answer can be applied to your belief / non-belief. Your response demonstrates on just how weak that belief is when you so vainly attempt to "show" your superiority.

Yes thats it your so right how did I ever think that I could get away with such a question?

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron

Yes I know that my fingers are at the end of my hand, I can see, feel, touch, smell and taste them. I dont just believe my fingers are there.

G

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yes thats it your so right how did I ever think that I could get away with such a question?

Not even close.... or did you just read what you wanted to see in the various responses? enuf said. you lose
Next time, try to put the thoughts together to make a coherent argument for your stance before you attempt to bait.
Use that advise both on the web as well as in life. If you do you will go along way.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Not even close.... or did you just read what you wanted to see in the various responses? enuf said. you lose
Next time, try to put the thoughts together to make a coherent argument for your stance before you attempt to bait.
Use that advise both on the web as well as in life. If you do you will go along way.

Close to what? I wasn't putting across any argument just showing the nature of religion, I said "No special reason for this question, just shows how [Edit] up religions can be. " I think it is you who should read things a bit clearer.

G

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

the very same answer can be applied to your belief / non-belief. Your response demonstrates on just how weak that belief is when you so vainly attempt to "show" your superiority.

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron

Yes I know that my fingers are at the end of my hand, I can see, feel, touch, smell and taste them. I dont just believe my fingers are there.

G

You know this how? Using your senses? Are your senses infallible? I think you'll agree that they are not, unless you're superhuman in which case I apologise.

How can we 'know' something to be true based on fallible evidence, even if it is ~99.999999% accurate?

Knowledge is certainty, something which is unable to be doubted - if you set the burden of proof high enough, you can effectively disprove anything. Therefore nothing is certain and everything is a 'belief' based on evidence and taken in 'faith'.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

You do not know that your fingers are at the end of your hand, you believe it.

Sensory perception can fool the perceiver. Not even one of your 5 senses is 100% accurate. Your fingers could be an illusion.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
HA HA HA HA LOL. Here we go with this subjective, objective suns not real speil again. SO I am not real, I am not writing this and you lot are a figment of my non real imagination?
This is exciting I've never been not real before!

Get a grip!!!

G

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
to add to that, you can't touch your fingers, or anything for tat matter. THe layer of electrons that surrounds all matter repells all other electrons. All you can see is light, all oyu can hear are vibrations, all you can feel is a negative on negative repulsion. All matter exixts in all forms when it is not being observed.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

HA HA HA HA LOL. Here we go with this subjective, objective suns not real speil again.

Your whole argument of Chrisitans not being able to know if the bible is true, is based on the bible being subjective. If you are going to use the quality of subjectiveness being unknowable, as the whole basis of your argument, you must let others do likewise.

If you choose to use subjectiveness only to fuel your argument, but start to laugh when others use it to fuel theirs, your argument has no basis.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join