Old people driving with those big, thick sunglasses on..........WTF!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Yesterday I got stuck on a one lane road behind some old lady driving her boat so slow that it made me feel as if time had stopped. Of course she was wearing a pair of old person sunglasses. What's with old people and these sunglasses? Why not just strap a pair of those virtual reality goggles to your face? Those things have to weigh at least 10 pounds! Where the hell do old people buy these at? Why can't old people driving with these glasses on go any faster than the average mother pushing her kid in a stroller?:bnghd:
:bnghd:

Peace

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Let me add a bit of 'reassuring' news to that.......

She could have just come from the eye doctor, after having her eyes dialated!

Or.....she could be like my Mom and have cataracts that cause the light to really bother her .....either way she would be driving nearly blind!

You're lucky to be alive!!

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Whats worse is when it's in combination like those crazy old dudes that where the great big hats.

Sucks the oxygen right out of the brain!!

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Dr.Love, just to reassure you, those big black glasses are just that ,sunglasses. The reason why they are so large is they cut the glare from all angles, I helped out an older gentleman helping him run errands a couple of years ago who was an invalid and suffered from poor vision. When I saw your post I couldn't help but laugh they are a little weird looking, but they are mostly for cutting glare. The real scary thing is, alot of older people who still drive and wear these don't have them in prescription even if their vision is impaired. Apparently they are too expensive for most seniors, unfortunately, this is how the gentleman I know became an invalid.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
you sleep . . . THEY LIVE!"

actually, it's from "V"

They're all lizards underneath.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by dr_strangecraft]

[edit on 15-11-2005 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well old people don't really care what the fashion trend is.

And if I recall, I think they were originally made as sunglasses that could fit over your regular eye-wear, which makes them obsolete due to the new "shade-changing" glasses they sell.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
my ol boy wanted a set of them one Xmas, so i obliged.
got them from "the sunglass hut", one of them little stores that are right in the middle of a shopping centre aisle. not really a store but more of a small stand.

the ones i got looked the same but fit right OVER his existing spec's, so he can wear his glasses and put on a pair of sunnies to reduce sun glare.

it sure looks better than those goofy looking flip up/down clip on ones

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'll have to go with 'dr_strangecraft' and the vertically-slit, reptoid eyes or the fact they are vampires who can't stand the sight of daylight!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The cashier at my local grocer tells the story about a woman with a seeing eye dog who drives back and forth to the store.

No word on whether or not she wore those beastly black sunglasses.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

You must have been behind my 87 year old mother who lives in Sun Lakes, Arizona.

You can't live there unless you were those kinda glasses, you know. I think it's a law.

Anyway, my Mom has had way to many rays of sun, like most of those who live in her area.

She used to have brown eyes. Due to sun exposure in Arizona, they are now blue, and I kid ya not.

Those kinda glasses rule there!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Maybe the glasses come free with plastic hips?

Luckily, we don't see those glasses here in the U.K, want to know why? You probably guessed it, it's because we get no friggin sun.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
One of the few good reason to look forward to getting older IMO is the getting revenge aspect of it. Gonna put my boat in the left hand passing lane ad do 5 miles under the speed limit while wearing my badass 20 pound sunglasses and refusing to even look in the rear view mirrors.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
YOU YOUNG whippersnappers gwan. Some day ya'll BE like one of those old peeps and then you'll understand.

Old age isn't that fun, but it can BE fun, jest torturin' youse young'uns.

It's the only recreaion some of us...er, them have.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
In my case I've worn those sunglasses. No I don't consider myself old but I'll admit that there are days....

Anyway, my prescription is of an unusual size and shape so my choices were limited. I also had cataract surgery in one eye and have increased sensitivity to light. Yes sunlight actually can hurt.

My choices?

1) Find a pair of flip ups that don't cover the lens. They don't cover the sides either.
2) Get transitional lens. But they can be expensive and still don't cover the sides. Besides my medical won't cover for them.
3) Get contacts? Not on my budget.

So as you can see there maybe a reason for older people to wear those large sunglasses. The big question for me is "Do they work?". As long as the answer is yes then style isn't a factor.

As far as the driving speed, well, I dunno. Perhaps it's a result of decreased reflexes?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I dont know why but all of those people drive slower than rocks at a museum. move bitch get out the way, get out the way

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Does anyone know where i can buy a pair of these sunglasses?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Actually, what the youngster behind the geezer could not see was the teenager in front of the geezer trying to send a text message while driving. The teen had no idea that the speed of the car had slowed down so much that it got the nearly blind geezer in trouble with the somewhat arrogant young adult in the rear ... which ironically ... is probably where that one belonged. As for me, gimme mo geezer glasses! rofl

Have a great day!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Those sunglasses block sun/glare from every angle....the elderly can be very sensitive to bright light. They are also made that size so they can be worn over prescription glasses. God willing we will all find ourselves at the age where those sunglasses will be a necessity.

exclusive video

top topics

<<   2 >>

join