It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with the pages now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it's all threads, but I'd imagine so. If I post a new post in a multi-page thread, it takes me to page #3 after I click the submit button! That's rather strange, since it was a 5 page thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
long threads do the exact same thing to me. it's only started in the last day or two, so it's a recent bug.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hypothesis.

One of the XMB features that has been deprogrammed is the customization of number of posts per page. It has been set across the board at 14 (for page loading speed), which is not in accord with the previous default (hence the variance) or the number of posts which you had customized per page.

Or something like that. These little things work for me sometimes, when I think I have a half-baked answer and forget there was a problem.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
my number of posts per page has always been the default, I haven't bothered to change it. I don't think that's the problem, then. good try though, MA

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Aha.

But the actual pagination is now 14 posts for all, while the old default listed for all members is 20 posts (if I recall), whether you changed it or not.

Just to revisit and thicken the plot a little for anyone that missed it the first time because of the pop on their monitor.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
actually MA, you're right again. my default is still 25. I reset it to 14, so we'll see what happens.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It makes sense to shorten the length of pages but for popular threads it will make more problems.

It will be interesting to see how this goes.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Long threads now break at 15 posts. I've hard-coded this into the site to improve overall performance. But I forgot to add it to the post page... it's fixed now.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I really hate being right as often as I am right, I would prefer to be wrong sometimes so people could tell me what a klutz I am, I don't get that often enough.

Oh well.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Nope! Still not working right. I just posted in this thread, and it took me to page 4. This was the url after posting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

pid is correct, but page is wrong still.

[Edited on 9-19-2003 by Satyr]

new topics

top topics

join