It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double Dejavu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I think this is the right place for this thread but move it if you need
okay recently i was at class and was talking to my friends we were talking about this book i stood up and was still talking to them while i moved to the front of the class i then leant on the door and turned my head to look at them when i got the biggest sense of dejavu but it wasnt just that it was the feeling that i had had the same sense of dejavu in the same spot before sort of double dejavu. it was such a shock that i stepped back and that was when the door got flung open suddenly which would of hit me had i knot stepped back
I usually sense dejavu alot but this feeling was like whoah!

Has this happened to anyone else?

[edit on 4/11/05 by obiwan15]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
OMG.....it's not you AGAIN!

Just kidding. I think that everyone has experienced Deja Vu before, but your experience certainly seems to be different than the norm. It sounds more in the line of the "dream within a dream" sequence from the movie "American Werewolf In London". Interesting.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I've had something like that happen to me before, but only once.

I was washing something in a sink at a friend's house and gotten a feeling like I had done it before and in the "memory" I had felt like I had done it before as well, as well as the "memory" within the "memory" ad infinitum.

I've had ordinary deja vu experiences, but none like that one.

Another weird thing about it was, that in the deepest "memory layers" (if you can call it that) the detergent that I was using didn't have English writing on it, but something that looked like Japanese.

[edit on 4-11-2005 by Junkheap]

[edit on 4-11-2005 by Junkheap]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Junkheap could you elaborate on what the writing looked like
it sounds very interesting it kind of sounds like you were channeling different dimensions/realities

[edit on 5/11/05 by obiwan15]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Deja Vu is something i have a ton of experience with. I would have to say at least 20% of each month consists of deja vu, for me. I dont mean that 20% of the days, im saying that 20% of the total time in a month. This, of course, is just an average, i have had more, and ive had less. I have expierenced your "double dejavu". The first time i had the experience was about 6 years ago, i was at a local theme park with one of my friends. The occurance happened at lunchtime, my friend and i had stopped at an outdoor food vendor in the park. While standing in line i had the "urge" to look over my right shoulder (this urge is something i get right before the dejavu). So i glance over my shoulder at spot a fellow sitting at one of the tables. Bam! dejavu hits me, i start to tell my friend that i was having dejavu when it intensifies two-fold. It was strong enough at this point to send me to my knees with dizzyness. This was my first experience with the multiple dejavu which is why i remember it as well as i do. However, since that event ive had numerous occurances of multiple dejavu, sometimes stacking up to 6 times, ive been getting better at sensing the urges (that let me know of dejavu) while im involved in experiencing dejavu. The best ive done is around 6, and i dont remember it as detailed as the occuance i listed here. Unfortunatly, i dont have any explanation as to what dejavu is, let alone multiple occuances at once. I do hope this has been helpful in someway, at least to let you know someone else has experienced what you have.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
i have had deja vu also but recently i had a deja vu experience while i was asleep. i was dreaming and in my dream i was dreaming i was dreaming. it was very cool.
love abydos

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
For other uses, see Déjà vu (disambiguation).
The term déjà vu (French: "already seen", also called paramnesia) describes the experience of feeling that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously. The term was created by a French psychic researcher, Emile Boirac (1851–1917) in his book L'Avenir des sciences psychiques (The Future of Psychic Sciences), which expanded upon an essay he wrote while an undergraduate French concentrator at the University of Chicago. The experience of déjà vu is usually accompanied by a compelling sense of familiarity, and also a sense of "eerieness" or "strangeness" or "weirdness". The "previous" experience is most frequently attributed to a dream, although in some cases there is a firm sense that the experience "genuinely happened" in the past.

The experience of déjà vu seems to be very common; in formal studies 70% or more of the population report having experienced it at least once. References to the experience of déjà vu are also found in literature of the past, indicating it is not a new phenomenon. However, in laboratory settings, it is extremely difficult to invoke the déjà vu experience, making it a subject with few empirical studies.

new topics

top topics

join