It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S' new heartache: Venezuelan Nuclear Ambitions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Iran has been criticized by the U.S, notably, and the international community for engaging in nuclear programs that is in violation of the international law.

It is not a violation of international law to have a nuclear power program, not even for Iran.

Iran has already agreed to more invasive inspections than any other nation on earth has to endure.

Same goes for Iran which is rich in natural resources but they still want to have a nuclear power plant. It seems one nation after another wants a nuclear power plant in their soil. I wonder why...

The reason any, and all OPEC nations want nuclear power is because OPEC quotas are for oil production, not export.

Even now nuclear power is cheaper than oil fired power plants, and will only get cheaper as time goes by with increasing oil prices.

Every drop of oil consumed locally that can be replaced by another means puts more money into the pockets of the State.

You can't ship electicity on a ship, and pump it through pipelines, but you can ship out the oil....

[edit on 5-11-2005 by ArchAngel]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartagram
It seems the Pentagon is not drawing up any military plans against Venezuela. Don't you think it's strange that they didn't do so for Iran and Venezuela but takes a harder and more rigid stance against Iran. Maybe the U.S doesn't see Venezuela as a big threat as Iran is.....

Well, I think Bush views Chavez in many different angles and perspectives unlike the way he looks at Ahmadinejad. Noooo..that Ahmadinejad is evil!
[edit on 4/11/05 by Heartagram]

When Chavez starts chanting "DEATH TO AMERICA" then he will be viewed in the same light, and I would venture to say the US would be more likely to take action against him/them, seeing as how they are more in our sphere of influence and would be an "easy" target in comparison to Iran.

As it is, Chavez is just a noisy, uncooperative pain in the butt.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

Iran has been criticized by the U.S, notably, and the international community for engaging in nuclear programs that is in violation of the international law.

It is not a violation of international law to have a nuclear power program, not even for Iran.

Iran has already agreed to more invasive inspections than any other nation on earth has to endure.

Same goes for Iran which is rich in natural resources but they still want to have a nuclear power plant. It seems one nation after another wants a nuclear power plant in their soil. I wonder why...

The reason any, and all OPEC nations want nuclear power is because OPEC quotas are for oil production, not export.

Even now nuclear power is cheaper than oil fired power plants, and will only get cheaper as time goes by with increasing oil prices.

Every drop of oil consumed locally that can be replaced by another means puts more money into the pockets of the State.

You can't ship electicity on a ship, and pump it through pipelines, but you can ship out the oil....

[edit on 5-11-2005 by ArchAngel]

i agreed with ArchAngel, and i think that they need to make legal that any country can have nuclear programs for energy purpose, of course...with a supervision from other countrys
we need to be realistic.....some day the oil age will end....and even the countrys that produce oil, will need a new energy source, and right now...that energy source is nuclear power
if Bush want to attack venezuela he need to find another pretext, because that one that he's using right now.....is an old one :p

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

i agreed with ArchAngel, and i think that they need to make legal that any country can have nuclear programs for energy purpose, of course...with a supervision from other countrys

Actually it is legal provided they submit to IAEA inspections.

The problem is Western bias.

You don't see America complaining about all the nuclear reactors, and fuel processing facilities in Japan, South Korea, and other nations.

If it were not a nation ruled by someone anti-American America would be looking for contracts.

BTW- America gave Iran their first experimental reactor, and reseach facility......

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join