It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live suicide planned for upcoming concert

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Why does no one here seem to care about the guy committing suicide?

hes terminally ill. he wants to end his life on his own terms.

Who is to say that this guy isnt dying on his own terms.

Some people say they wanna die while getting screwed in bed. Others wanna die in combat.

What about someone who wants to die in front of cherring crowds, so they know they are not alone when they check out? Is this suicide person a fan? Maybe he is a metal head and this is what he wants: to die in a concert while all his freinds cheer, and music is playing, and a big party is going on? Not everyone wahnts to die quietly, some people when they die, want to be surrounded by people having a good time because they want to celebrate thier release.

Think about it. Forget what YOU think is right and moral, what about this poor guy who wants to end it all because he is terminally ill and in pain? What if this is HIS wish?

Even ifg he isnt a metal head, who is to say this guy wants alot of people to see him check out so they can udnerstand why he chose to do so, and wishes to enblighten people that death is not terrible for everyone, for some, its a desire and craving!

And while it doesnt surprise me that the show has been canceled, who cares if it was done for publicity? If the suicideal ones wishes were to die in a rock concert to further his cause, or simply be surrounded by friends doing something he loved doing in life.....

Then how can you people be spo tasteless and cruel to forget about what this dying mans wishes are?

ITS HIS LIFE, LET HIM DIE ON HIS OWN TERMS. PLEASE.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think decisions are taken to protect the public from unscrupulous promoters (even where it is evident that the goth-industrial genre has a clear focus on morbidity and death as key themes).

In this case the perceived public interest outweighed the wishes of the terminally ill man.

That's matter of fact, but it won't make you feel any better.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yeah, the public pisses me off.

If I was terminally ill, and decided on euthanasia, Id not want to be home, but rather, near a beautiful lake with trees, in my favorite bar listening to tunes I love, or at a concert, because these are the last things Id want to see and experience, id either wanna be surrounded by unmolested natural beauty or partying hard with friends, who know what Im gonna do and will be drunk and merry when i do it, because I dont want people to get depressed that Im dead, but party on and enjoy thier own lives, and look forward to my cremation so they can smoke my ashes

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
As a St. Pete resident..hopefully, I can provide any details as this progresses. An aquaintence of mine actually does some work with them on each gig (to protect the innocent, I'm not saying what he does...), but seems they plan to try this again later in the week, but skirting the law's specifics by not selling tickets, etc. I'll keep you posted...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't know where I satnd on this, I think I'd rather reserve my opinion until I'm in (if, that is) that mans position, then I'll know the facts.

But I seriously can't see this going ahead. If the officials are good enough to know when a terrorist is about to strike, I'm sure it would be childs play to find out where a band is playing a "secret" gig.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This concert was too take place last Saturday 03Oct I think..Has anyone heard if it happened??

I havent heard anymore of it.

I think its kinda gross that someone would wanna see someone die.
Mark

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I reckon its all a publicity stunt by this joke band.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkosOrrealus
This concert was too take place last Saturday 03Oct I think..Has anyone heard if it happened??

I havent heard anymore of it.

I think its kinda gross that someone would wanna see someone die.
Mark

It was Postponed:

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think I saw this on a b-rated movie. It was some type a He77 band and they were on an airplane. The band would fake suicides during it's concert and they were going to perform one live on the web. I assume this band is coping the movie to promote their name.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Remember, Alice Cooper used to kill himself at least once during every concert. At the time this was considered a sign of the apocalypse. Sold a whole bunch of tickets...........

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Free-will. Anyone should be able to choose any
moment they want to have access to euthanasia
as an option, if suffering a chronic/fatal disease.

A rock show? That IS really dumb.
Wouldn't you pick a more tasteful situation?
Not a blue-chip, showcase scenario.
You wanna push euthanasia, get a better
act as a spokesman.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I bet it's just a money scam. Maybe the band isn't doing to well, "Someone is going to kill thereself ON STAGE" and like someone said a blood thirsty croud. Good way to get a large crowd, and lots of publicity.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I havent heard anymore of it

No, hasn't happened yet... I won't see my "contact" until next weekend on this, so if it doesn't hit the news, I should know something one way or the other after this.

Yes, it's a real band, and yes it's for publicity. You can't beat free international name recognition, now can you???

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
it didn't happen, some logictical problem... what a freakin sick idea anyway..

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Yeah i had a feelin the guy(terminally ill guy) backed down too right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join