It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live suicide planned for upcoming concert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Florida industrial rockers Hell on Earth are planning to host an on-stage suicide during their October 4th show at St. Petersburg's State Theater. A terminally ill member of a euthanasia society, whose identity and condition have not been revealed, intends to raise awareness for the cause of dying with dignity by committing suicide during the concert, according to the band's singer, Billy Tourtelot.

www.rollingstone.com...

The right to end your own suffering has been a hot topic since Dr Kavorkian made it a public topic.
But committing suicide live on stage during a rock show?
Is this "dying with dignity"?

-B.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Is this "dying with dignity"?

-B.

to each their own, but hell no.
I'm of the mind that this is a publicity stunt, but it'll be interesting to see what happens if they actually attempt it. will someone stop it? will the band face charges? interesting legal territory.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Interesting. As it is illegal to commit suicide, I'll bet it gets stopped.
I remember monks bathing in gasoline and setting themselves on fire to make a point years ago. Would taking one's own life in front of a (no doubt bloodthirsty) crowd have similar impact? I doubt it.
I'm afraid that the serious and personal issue of euthanasia would not benefit from this.

Peace, BG

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Show gets hyped, tickets get sold, punters build (stupid)expectations, authorities step in, suicide gets 'postponed', venue gets trashed.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Who the heck would want to see that???

I sure would not want to see someone kill themselves
there is alot that I would like to see in my life before I die. But come on.

Thats just too freaky and disturbing

Mark

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
A couple of questions:

First, how do they stop it if they dont know who it is that will off themselves?

If the only action the band is taking is to allow access to the stage, does that constitute assistance?

Since the band has made this information public, can they be held for conspiracy or something?

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
sounds more like a freak show to me, ah yes, let me kill myself in a carnival setting, Now thats dignity.

would you die for me?

I agree with MA, it's always about the money.

Say you'll kill yourself for a dollar.

If I had a death wish, I much rather die in battle, or being a human test monkey.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Is this band satanic in nature?
Will they try and capture this person's soul?

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Are they gunna be playing their industrial like whilst this guys tops himself?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Personally i think its stupid and he just wants to draw attention to himself.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Not that I would be at all interested but, what do you think the final desicion on HOW will be??? The ideas put forth sounded quite bad. A bag over their head??? Come on. May as well give the guy a gun to blow their head off.

This sounds much like the crap Motley Crue would do. They play faces of death clips at their shows. Hell on Earth is quite a grotesque band anyway. Having sex with cow and drinking blended rats on stage?????

I cannot believe people would pay to see this crap. I like metal, but this is stupid.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
"Live Suicide"?...
Isn't that something of an oxymoron?...Right up there with "Military Intelligence"?

You know that if the attempt at suicide fails, that person could be subject to arrest & imprisonment: The only crime for which you can be prosecuted *only if you fail*.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Where is Dr Kevorkian when you need him,...at least he offered this service from the 'privacy' of one's home, in dignity.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I bet the band gets charged with assisting since
1 they are urging him to do it.
2. they are giving his special acces to do it in front of everyone
3 They will do notin to stop it.

This is really stupid but I mean to him i gues its the same as dying wiht some dignity lol.

Like Lysergic said i would much rather die in combact fighting for somtin i believe in not being a coward and killing myself

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Why would any one want to do this? It would seem like a horable thing to do.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Who the heck would want to see that???

Remember Rome, the Aztecs, Incas, and numerous other cultures. Somethings never change. SOme parts of human nature remain throughout eternity.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Why don't they have an execution instead?

Roll out the mobile guillotine?

How about random shooting in the audience and announcing 'welcome to hell and your new master.'

Just a faster way to send them there.

Hey better still how about a live sacrifice?

Maybe that is what they really want to do but they have to raise the public's tolerance level in order to get to that?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I see it all as a marketing trick!
Sell lots of tickets and the suicider never shows up!
Or he teaches the audience that commiting suicide on a rock concert stage is not the way to do it!

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida (AP) -- The St. Petersburg city council passed a law Monday designed to scuttle a rock group's plans to feature an onstage suicide.

The hard-rock band Hell on Earth had said that a suicide by a terminally ill person would take place during a concert Saturday to raise awareness of right-to-die issues.

In response, the city council met Monday morning to unanimously approve an emergency ordinance making it illegal to conduct a suicide for commercial or entertainment purposes, and to host, promote and sell tickets for such an event.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Good.

Now in my sequence of things, at least the venue won't get trashed by disillusioned patrons.

No surprises here! Did anyone really think it would go ahead?????

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join