It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Prediction; Entertainment Industry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I see this coming, probably alot of people see this coming by 2010.

CD's no more! I remember when the warehouse and Tower Records sold actual records, then those got phased out and replaced with cassettes. Those got phased out and replaced with CDs, what is next? No mediums!
When iPODs get closer and closer to the 50-80 gigabyte range of information and the lower gigabyte iPODs come down in price to more commonly affordable, Direct downloading will be come the standard medium. Such as, a kid has one of these iPODs he could get this "album" either at home or at a music Kiosk

Music Kiosks, that will look like ATM machines, where one can plug in a memory stick, iPOD, laptop and directly download the music, but the 1.5 - 2 million songs *won't* be on the Kiosk, It will just carry the updated top 200 records, the other two million songs will be downloaded from a server (Like napster, yahoo! music, etc), it will have to have petabytes of information readily available.

The Movie and gaming Industries is already drifting this way. It's surpising this hasn't already been done. If not, it's WELL on it's way.

ANY information, can be marketed this way.

So, Unlike all the predictions in this forum about Nuclear war, gloom and doom. This is something worthy of more research and possiably investment!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I still see a demand for a CD, or sometype of backup system for music. It is one thing to loose music due to a ruined CD you didn't take care of. It is quite another to loose your favorite music right after you bought it, and your Ipod decides to take a dump loosing everything you ever had. Eventhough CD's have mainly replaced casette tapes, the casette tapes are still around.

I don't see movie DVD's going away. VHS's are still popular. Movies take up a lot of hard drive space, and people will want to be able to watch it on their TV. I don't see movie DVD's going anywhere anytime soon. I do see more and more VHS's being phased out as DVD players come down in price. I do see an increased market for DVD cleaners and repair machines/services.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It only makes sense CDs are to go away.

In the next few years, by 2010. Must all 2010-2011 cars will have some WiFi and Internet capabilities, This is expected in the high-end luxary cars, SUVs, etc. In the Medium to low range, this will come standard by 2020.

A person will because to look at some screen new their radio and GPS digital map screen, press a button or say a word, and the GPS screen will display the news or whatever the driver preferences are in news, sports, wheather, etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
and thats what they said we would have in the 80's and here we are 2005 and still no flying cars and not every one has a personal robot add a 1 in front of thoes numbers and you may be right like 2110-2111 and you will see it where every car has WiFi and internet capabitities and by 2120 it will be standard

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salanthus
and thats what they said we would have in the 80's and here we are 2005 and still no flying cars and not every one has a personal robot add a 1 in front of thoes numbers and you may be right like 2110-2111 and you will see it where every car has WiFi and internet capabitities and by 2120 it will be standard

The reason there are no flying cars is because their isn't a big need for them, also FAA regulations would get in the way.

new topics

join