It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reactor Vessel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Here's a nice thought!!! The reactor vessel used to create the Uranium for the Manhattan Project is buried under a water tower in Lewiston NY.

Anybody want a drink?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumanyu
Here's a nice thought!!! The reactor vessel used to create the Uranium for the Manhattan Project is buried under a water tower in Lewiston NY.

Anybody want a drink?

Any links to back this information up? This sounds alot like a Urban myth without any links to back it up.

The Atomic program might have been called the "Manhattan Project" but it had nothing to do with New York. The Uranium used in the Manhattan Project was created at the Y-12 plant in Oak Ridge, Tenn.

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 3-11-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My apologies, my info was slightly off. What is there is the nuclear waste from the Manhattan project. The site is called the Niagara Falls Storage site (NFSS). The was a Storage silo there which caused a public outcry, which was later removed, but the waste is still there.

Check out the site...

www.lrb.usace.army.mil...

mod edit to fix link

[edit on 4-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

In 1944, the NFSS was used by the Manhattan Engineer District for storing low-level radioactive residues and wastes from uranium ore processing conducted during the development of the atomic bomb.

www.lrb.usace.army.mil...

Interesting find, Dumanyu.

At first I thought the a-bomb development had nothing to do with the Manhattan Engineer District, but further investigation on that site shows there is a connection.

If it was developed in Tenn, why cart the waste all the way to NY?

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Because this is New York, where every problem could be disposed of for the right price. Look how we took care of Hillary, and low taxes.

new topics

top topics

join