It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting punished by God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
from studying the bible I have considered the possibility that if God was merciful and just he cannot throw a sinner in hell to be tormented forever. Simply becuase that sinner has also done good deeds. If God were to damn somebody who was not a christian then what would the value be of the good deeds that person did in their lifetime if they were not rewarded by God for thier good deeds during thier lifetime. i think that the way Gd would be just would be to place the person in some kind of place where time moves much faster inside where there is punishment. Say God threw you in and you were being punished for 1000 years of your time. but on the outside only one second passed by.and then you go on to enjoy the rewrds of your earthly life.
Does anybody understand this? what do people think?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
God does not punish people for no reason, a person commiting sins brings punishment upon himself. God has not part in it ecxcept to guide you AWAY from sin. some churches use the fear of punishment to fill the collection plates and keep people in church. Fear is a great motivator, but not the best one.

The question is, are you talking about sin during the time of Grace, or the final outcome of a sinful life and banishment to hell? There is no purgatory in the bible, that was a creation of the Catholic church. You either go to heaven, or go to hell after you die, no middle ground

Look at the example of Job, God knew Job's faith was srtong and limited the devil in what could be brought upon Job, and after everythign was taken away from Job, God gave him back double because of his strong faith.

God knows the number of hairs on your head, adn the exact width of your shoulders, and will never give you a burden that you cannot carry

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If God knows so much about me then he knows and knew in advance, that my mind cannot accept salvation through Jesus. I just feel the concept is rather simple minded, he knew I would feel this way so why create me? Just so he can throw me into hell?

This is how I would look when I got there!

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Maybe our purpose on this earth is to refine our souls in preparation for the heaven? so we can have the chance to Good deeds

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Go back and study...

He turned a woman into a pillar of salt just for looking back at the city she knew as her only home, when it was being destroyed!

He killed the first born innocent children of Egypt, just because they had the misfortune of not being Jews.

What about all of the people who allegedly died in the Great flood? Do you REALLY think that the entire population save for one family, was wicked?

Look to the old testament....to see how God was before he became a daddy, and we got "God-light"....

The bible is FULL of innocents being slaughtered by the divine judgement of God... so yes, I think it's entirely conceivable that someone would be sent to Hell forever....going strictly from your own scripture of course....

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Than God is satan. Come on this is complete bull! What the hell does god expect us to worship him like we are little nothings. Are we a slave to god? If we wants something so pure than make a machine not freewill. If god wants to send someone to hell for making a mistake screw it I will go to hell with those people than. Do you see what I am getting at? I will not fear god and I will not allow people to be feared by god it is shyt!

I mock god in everyway and I would never hurt someone why would god hurt someone? I am not talking about the people that are beyond repair either. I am talking about the 600 sum odd sins in the torah. This is all crap why should I live if I must live in fear? Why should I live if I can't do nothing at all? I don't know about you but to bring yourself to be a bitch of a system is ignorant. I think all souls=equal god and its choas when we are one so we dispurse to these life forms. The beatuty is in creation and duality. I find it so damn hard to belive that these arabs that have to pray every 15 minutes on a special prayer carpet have to do that!? Is that living. Were you put on earth so you can pray non stop of thank you so much for allowing me to breath. Wake up! There is so much more to life than this. We are God and thats it this built of fears and man made beliefs are crap when do we evolve? Everything evolves should not religion?

I am sorry I have cursed and seem to be yelling I just needed to rant.

Move over Satan here I come.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Queenannie's posts in this thread cohere with what I feel as a Christian that cannot accept hell as an eternal place of torment.

If noone is punished for eternity and we are all saved, then God is truly as perfect, loving and merciful as is often claimed, if not I personally cannot see how he can be all-loving and merciful. It is not coherent to me, since love according to the bible is never proud, nor does it seek it's own.

Surely if faith is what saves us then God isn't following his own ideas of perfection... In which case, how could he be perfect (if perfection is indeed attainable)?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
There is a difference between the Old Testament and the New as to how God treats sinners as well as innocents

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We have all evolved.
Before we made humans there were monsters!

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
There is a difference between the Old Testament and the New as to how God treats sinners as well as innocents

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Perhaps it's all a big accident!
Doesn't virtually ever religion just save their own?
That doesn't seem fair.

top topics

join