It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Fires - William Commanda

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Masqua--

Back many pages ago to your initial set of posts.

I am very familiar with this Prophesy-set, as I also am with William Commanda. The prophesy is similarly told by elders of most eastern tribes. In it's complete form, it takes 4 days to recite it, and William Commanda is one of the last who can do that completely.

You asked a question regards the migration of the 200.000. No, they did not Migrate from the East Coast of NA-- but from the west coast of Europe or Africa, or so I am told, The Map of the several migrations of the Ashinabe/Wabanaki still exists, and is committed to a floral bead work pattern. There was the initial migration here, and more after the arrival.

If you get to speak with William on your trip, tell him I asked after him. He will remember. After that, ask him to relate the story of the Ironwood Box and the Dreamer. That may surprise him, and he may or may not do that for you. It predates the initial migration, and you will find it very interesting.

Lastly, there is archaeological evidence that this migration is more than a myth, and evidence deals with both tools found in conjunction with datible material, and human burial practices that are completely consistent with one another, even though separated by 6000 miles of geography. Thees sites center in Ashinabe country, and in an area of Norway.

E'e-- and thank you for the work in posting such a great thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ed Littlefox

You asked a question regards the migration of the 200.000. No, they did not Migrate from the East Coast of NA-- but from the west coast of Europe or Africa, or so I am told, The Map of the several migrations of the Ashinabe/Wabanaki still exists, and is committed to a floral bead work pattern. There was the initial migration here, and more after the arrival.

Thank you for your excellent input here, Ed Littlefox. What you state above is what I believe ever since reading Selwyn Dewdneys book The Sacred Scrolls of the Southern Ojibway

It is very unpopular with the 'experts' to suggest anything other than a migration onto the Americas by way of the Bering strait. You and I agree on this. I don't remember exactly what thread I suggested this in previously, but it was met with a bit of derision.

One other thing I have learned over the last decade or so, because of my growing interest in such things, is that the Oral Record, based on memory jogging symbols such as Wampum Belts and birchbark scrolls, is much more reliable than re-edited books. The fact that the complete Seven Fires prophecy takes 4 days to recite is no surprise to me. All one needs to do is look at the complexity of the East Indian Mahabharata for comparison.

new relevance?

From the prophecy;

In this time there will be a new people who will emerge from the clouds of illusion. They will retrace their steps to find the treasures that had been left by the trail. The stories that had been lost will be returned to them. They will remember the Original Instructions and find strength in the way of the circle. Their search will take them to the elders and the new people will ask for guidance.

I've stated once before that this particular phrase within the prophecy intrigued me. The new people could be read 2 ways;

1) that these are ordinary people like myself who are questioning the status quo and are concerned enough over a deteriorating environment to try to change things personally and socially. In other words, Rainbow Warriors

2) that they are really a new people who had, in the distant past visited Earth before. The reason I feel that way is because it is noted that they " will retrace their steps and find treasures that had been left by the trail".

The recent O'Hare incident, coupled with the revelations now coming to light certainly add weight to #2.

``````````````````````
edit for spelling

[edit on 27/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by masqua

When I spoke with him (William Commanda), he did not have kind words for the Indian Act as conceived by John A McDonald in 1876. It was perhaps the most devastating legislation to the indigenous people, stripping their identities and destroying their culture.

The Residential Schools, in 1892, further destroyed their families, by taking the children away to be indoctrinated.

Finally, we are beginning to see instances of this injustice in our national media;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When I was living in Yellowknife during the early 70's, I learned first hand from groups of young native people about the conditions in the residential school at Hay River, a town far away to the south. The Globe and Mail story featured above certainly shines a bright light on their accusations, but it's the first time in over 35 years that I've seen it covered by mainstream media.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ed Littlefox
After that, ask him to relate the story of the Ironwood Box and the Dreamer.

This might be a littlelate but would it be possible to tell the tale here please?

It sounds intresting and nothing really comes up in a google search unfortunatly

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

hi masqua, thanx for leading me to this topic. you are a great writer. you really have a way with words. you should do something with this gift.
also i find the subject matter here extremely interesting. just had to tell you that. now i can go back and finish reading all of it. thanx again.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
John Titor talked about a civil war in the US, but he also said that this would occur in his timeline and that our timeline is different. On our timeline, the war will begin in Canada. The leader is a farmer of sorts. Check it out: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The choice between war and peace is now clearly laid out.

Those who are willing to wreak havoc internationally, waging war for financial gain (energy, minerals, food and water) are readily identifyable no matter what part of the world they come from.

Those who wish to struggle against this political initiative fed by a heartless corporatism will be 'hard put' to turn the head of that horse. It's all about the oil and nobody wants their favourite toys rusting in the sun, crippled with empty gas tanks.

So... what's it gonna be? An invasion of Iran has strings attached. Russia and China will never abide it and those two economies are getting stronger every day.

Can the world stop the madness before the nukes start flying?

The way I read it now, there's little to no hope at all.

grammar edit

[edit on 20/6/08 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
At the very beginning of the prophecy is this remarkable statement;

The First Prophet told the people that in the time of the First Fire they would leave their homes by the sea and follow the sign of the megis. They were to journey west into strange lands in search of an island in the shape of a turtle. This island will be linked to the purification of the earth.

Turtle Island is the Anishinabe name for North America. If they 'left their homes by the sea' and travelled west to find Turtle Island, does it mean they left islands on the the eastern shore of North America or some other place a little further east? It seems ridiculous that they would seek an island if they were living within sight of the mainland.

On the pdf file, page 4, is written the migration took place 10,000 years ago and involved 10,000 canoes with 20 people on each. A migration of 200,000 people.

Your evaluation makes no sense to me for one reason. If they came from islands, or anywhere on the face of the earth, how did they know the shape of North America, to call it turtle Island? This can only be seen from space. Of course I am being logical, and not allowing for some mystical explaination, and these are without a doubt not logical but mystical people.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
When a people populate an area for thousands of years, they get to know the place.

They travelled and traded from the far North to central America and from the Pacific to the Atlantic.

That's how they knew.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
From the prophecy;

The light-skinned people will be given a choice between two paths. If they choose the right path the Seventh Fire will light the Eighth Fire and final fire of brotherhood and sisterhood. If they choose the wrong path, remaining on the path of the mind, then the destruction they brought with them will come back to destroy them. The people of the earth will experience much suffering and death.

(The path of the mind being the opposite of the heart for the simplest of reasons.)

William Commanda stated to me (during my first interview with him) that September 11, 2001 was the lighting of the seventh fire. Seven years later we are now confronted with the following:

The first shots of a possible WWIII have been fired off in a small country no-one but oil barons thought important. Georgian troops invading the breakaway province of S. Ossetia have prompted the Russians to retaliate and drive them out.

Now the west is aligned against the Russians in a contest of wills which could easily spin out of control. The sabre rattling continues unabated as the chessboard moves begin to speed up.

The past couple of weeks in Breaking Alternative News are testament to what is truly happening and you DO NOT get that kind of concentrated coverage anywhere else.

The pieces are being played.

S. Ossetia and Georgia (et al) are pawns, the knights and bishops are already in play and the Kings and Queens are watching warily from either end of the board, surrounded by their castles.

The prize is control of the worlds natural resources.

Control.

The path is clearly defined. Either we progress to WWIII or we work out our differences without death and destruction.

What way will you choose for the people of the world? Will you follow those silent orchestrators who play this game of RISK and GREED or do you follow those who desire to work it out through the difficult work of diplomacy?

Pending US air strike on Iran: Dutch intel agents withdrawn

Israel Planning Unilateral Iran Attack

Iran warns any attack would start 'world war'

Russia could destroy NATO ships in 20 mins: Admiral

Russia/Georgia Situation News & Updates

Russia may cut off oil flow to the West

Putin accuses U.S. of orchestrating Georgian war

Third US warship bound for Black Sea

What do you want for your children and your grandchildren?

It's time the madness of war stopped. Throw that chessboard away and fire the players. These kind of games must stop or the human race will have to relearn flint knapping and plot farming to survive.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It seems to me that the election of Barack Obama is a small step on the road to eventual world peace. (I hope I'm not mistaken in that assumption)

If I'm right, then, imo, the financial turmoil the world is going through now reflects a change in the minds of all people everywhere and the painful fruit of greed and corruption we're seeing now, both in governments and businesses the world over, are the pains I associate with healing.

To mark this moment. I'm going to do a portrait of William Commanda, the keeper of the 'Seven Fires' belt, and, if merited, hope to present it to him as a gift at the summer gathering in Maniwaki.

[edit on 19/12/08 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Ojigkwanong (Grandfather William Commanda)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d2da8682e4b.jpg[/atsimg]

In this simple painting, there are 4 symbols.

Around the painting, as a 'frame', there are the two elements of fire and water.

On the left of the inset is a red 'Y' which is the 'choice' we have to either enter into total war and the decimation of the human race or the growth of a human race unified through peace. The colour red was used as it is the one thing we all have in common... our blood.

The headband has the four skin colours of the human race (red,white,black and yellow). They are joined together into a pattern to show unity. The basis of this headband design is to represent the way of the Rainbow Warrior.

The purple design on the bottom of the inset represents the Seven Fires prophecy belt which William Commanda is the safekeeper of. The central two diamonds joined together show the choice we are faced with today.

[edit on 25/1/09 by masqua]

[edit on 10/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Just received a personal email which says that Grandfather William Commanda has been announced to become an Officer of the Order of Canada!

In the email, there is this:

Our special elder is being honoured For his leadership as an elder who has promoted intercultural understanding and has raised awareness of the traditions and legacies of Canada’s Aboriginal people. Elder Commanda says he is deeply honoured to witness this recognition of the relevance of Indigenous Wisdom to this country at this time.

The date for the Award presentation has not been announced yet but this is an exceptional honour.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
sorry I'm late replying, but that is an awesome painting. I think the essence of this elder's gentleness and wisdom was definitely captured with your brush strokes. It was also nice to see the face behind the message.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

To meet him is a pleasant experience, but to actually have a lengthy personal discussion with him on various worldly topics is to become educated in how to live your life.

He calls himself a 'kindergarten dropout'

That alone tells you about what can be achieved when a person gets involved with the people they meet in their lives.

These days, it seems that most of us walk around ignoring anything that displeases us, or, even worse, reacting with disgust and sarcastic comments.

WC is the total opposite of that. He is the most generous man I've ever met. Doing that painting for him was the best way I could show my appreciation for the time he gave me and my wife (who, btw, he completely charmed).

Did he make me just a little bit wiser about life? Damn straight he did.

sp edit

[edit on 26/2/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Smallpeeps, a member of ATS, started a thread that I believe should also be read in the context of the Seven Fires Prophecy. The title of the thread is An Open Letter to Native Americans.

In it, the member describes the goal of the Rainbow Warrior: to bring peace and understanding between all of the peoples who now live upon the American continent as well as those in the rest of the world.

The thinking expressed reflects exactly that which William Commanda would like to see take hold in our hearts.

Thank you, smallpeeps.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Megwetch masqua.

I started reading, forgot that I had dinner on the stove, and came to when the whole place was full of smoke. Gotta go now and open a few doors and windows.

sofi

PS. I love your art. Whadda guy!

[edit on 5-3-2009 by soficrow]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I had no idea, but there is a film about GWC titled Ojigkwanong - Encounter with an Algonquin Sage

William Commanda, whose Algonquin name is Ojigkwanong, was born on the Maniwaki reserve in Quebec in 1913. The story of his early life is a familiar one: the loss of Native culture, numbing poverty and escape into alcohol. In 1961 Commanda, then chief of his reserve, was terminally ill. He had a vision that would transform his life and those of his people. Imagining a Circle of all Nations, his first gesture was to reconcile the Algonquins and Iroquois. Since then, he has devoted himself to the reconciliation of peoples and cultures. The message of this old sage is universal: healing is the main priority and can only be achieved through forgiveness and tolerance. In this, he shares much with other remarkable individuals who managed to wash politics clean of resentment: Gandhi, Martin Luther King, the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela. Ojigkwanong - an encounter with a remarkable man! In French with English subtitles.

www3.nfb.ca...

I'm going to look for that video when I'm in Ottawa. I'll be there to present GWC with his portrait on Saturday morning.

(megwetch, sofi
)

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The presentation of the painting.

William Commanda is seated in a wheelchair (he is 95 years young). Behind him is yours truly giving an impassioned speech on the fallacy of racism and how it must be overcome before we can work together towards peace among ourselves as well as in respect to the greater circle of life on this planet, the plants and animals in our care.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3282523e4465.jpg[/atsimg]

Grandfather William Commanda

Algonquin Elder and Shaman
Carrier of The Sacred Wampum Belts
Master Canoe Builder and Craftsman
2006 Recipient of the Key to the Capital City
2005 Honorary Doctorate from the University of Ottawa
2004 Recipient of the Bill Mason Conservation Award
Honorary Elder Boreal Rendezvous
Wolf Project and Harmony Awards for Racial Harmony
Honorary Chair Ottawa River Designation Committee
Local and International Advocate for Environmental Stewardship and Peace
Founder of A Circle of All Nations
Holder of the Vision for the Sacred Chaudière Site

And soon to be Officer of the Order of Canada

[edit on 22/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
About the Seven Fires Prophesy. I am greatly disturbed by the prophesy's and see a possible connection to Edgar Cayce's predictions about Atlantis (Cuba) rising again in the 1960s. If the Anishinabe people are linked directly to ancient Atlantis as many people suggest, it means there must be an island (Cuba) located out in the Atlantic Ocean that supports a huge Anishinabe population. A rebirth has occurred and that spells deception. I am a believer in prophesy because i know the origins of prophesy. All we need to do to discover the face the whites have chosen to wear (that is a warning to those who know right from wrong) is constantly look in the sky above. What is written in the Seven Fires Prophesy is coming true. We are all in grave danger, including all animals, and even the land. We may not have much time left.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join