It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Plans Joint Nuclear Fuel Production With Iran

page: 1

join
share:
NR

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Dam this is indeed very good news, i was looking forward for this for a very long time and everything is going so well with our nuclear program, us cooperating with Russia in nuclear technology and further on would make Iran a more powerfull allie as it is and a good partner for Russia.

Source

NR

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Italian DM Antonio Martino has rejected an economic embargo on Iran and said its not neccasary and wont solve the problem.

Story

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I don't see why you post things about Irans nuclear program going well and then post things saying that they US has no plan to attack Iran. These things don't really match up because the US and Isreal don't want Iran to have a nuclear power program. Right now the strongest reason for the US to attack Iran is it's nuclear program so Iran's progress with it's nuclear program isn't really all that great. Then the leader of Iran wanting to wipe Isreal off the map and the nuclear program don't go well together.

Don't get me wrong I realize that you want the best for you country and that you think nuclear power would be a good thing but it could also be the downfall of Iran. If the US attacks Iran don't think they are going to win a war. The US is holding back it's power in Iraq because we are trying not to hurt innocent people. Believe me when I say this because if the US wanted to kill just anyone in Iraq their wouldn't be much of a country left. Iran dose not want to push the US into a situation where we have to stop limiting our self.

I dunno, what ever you want to believe. Congrats on the deal with Russia! I hope things go well for you!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think right now Iran is the must dangerous country in the world at the present time it pubicly said they want war and are purseuing a nuclear arsnel its pretty obvouis and whats worse it that russia is helping them develop thers rockets and helping iranains inrich uranium they proclaim death to the west but if america said death to iran ,iran wouldnt be to happy about it

I personaly hope USA or isreal take some action and invade there facist backwards WWIII starting country

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

I don't see why you post things about Irans nuclear program going well and then post things saying that they US has no plan to attack Iran. These things don't really match up because the US and Isreal don't want Iran to have a nuclear power program. Right now the strongest reason for the US to attack Iran is it's nuclear program so Iran's progress with it's nuclear program isn't really all that great. Then the leader of Iran wanting to wipe Isreal off the map and the nuclear program don't go well together.

Regardless of what the US or israel want (or don't want) Iran to have, Iran deserves it as much as anyone else. And with Russia backing them up (who are also on/off allies with China), I think Bush would have to lower his IQ another 20 points (from 65) to attack Iran right now. Personally, I don't see why the US needs to meddle with israel's problems. Besides, Europe is keeping a close eye. For a 'superpower', the US sure is scared.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Lol when bush shouldnt go to war he does and when he sould he dosnt this is the one time in my life when i see war is the only option because Iran will never listen the thing Iran will stop is by force Iran is a rouge dangerous state in the world now and must tred carfuly and make the right decions to not get ther a££ nuked which i think they should be

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Firstly, Iran doesn't have the means to be "the most dangerous country in the world", now or anytime in the near future.

Secondly, while the current Iranian president is clearly a bit of a nut, he does not hold the reigns of power the way the President dooes in the US. Shortly after he made his comments, the Iranian foreign ministry said they had no intention of attacking Israel, and the Israeli MoD said an Israeli attack on Iran was not going to happen. The Revolutionary Council is the real center of power in Iran, and for all their obvious faults, they don't seem to be very big on openly launching major wars.

Iran has a legal, public nuclear power program, and (probably) a secret nuclear weapons program. That program is said to be several years from actually building a single bomb, let alone the hundreds or thousands that would be needed to represent a credible threat to Israel or the US respectively.

As far as I can tell, this sale is entirely within Iran's legal rights, being part of their civilian nuclear power program - which even the US does not contest their right to have.

Last, Iran has certainly never publicly stated they will share nuclear technology with terrorists, they're more cagey than that. Personally I think any nukes they get will be kept under very tight control, unlike say our "allies" in Pakistan whose AQ Khan shared their nuclear tech with anyone with a Koran and a bad temper. And yet we haven't invaded Pakistan, despite the fact that OBL appears to be comfortably sheltered there as well.

Of course, I don't think Pakistan has much in the way of oil...

[edit on 11/7/05 by xmotex]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ok fine you got me fair point but in my defence it does look like Iran will start a war

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
With what?

They are in no position to start a war even if they wanted to.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
Ok fine you got me fair point but in my defence it does look like Iran will start a war

The Iranians havent invaded a country since 1736.

new topics

top topics

join